+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Do you think TROLLY boy jobs should be for teens or grown men?

I know the same could be said for many jobs and the other way around too!

But do you think good on 'em if its an adult man trolley boy or do you think it should be a job for teenage boys? It kind of sits like the good old paper run and you wouldnt have seen a grown man doing that job!
    Last edited by my_lot; 01-11-2009 at 15:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I honestly dont think it matters how old they are, one of my friends is 26 and a paper girl, she is a single mum, having trouble finding a part time job and this gives her extra cash.

Why would age matter for something as simple as collecting trolleys?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think it should be for whichever person can do it right. I was driving down a car park (multi-level) once in my other car and 2 young teens were racing trolleys on a level I was coming down on. I couldn't reverse as there was a car behind me and he couldn't catch the trolley in time, it was headed for my car and there was not a thing that could be done to stop it. In the end a complaint was made, the car was fixed (did a far bit of damage to the car) and the 2 boys were fired. I felt bad that they lost their job, but they should have done it right to start with instead of racing the trolleys and hitting cars with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Meh doesnt bother me but i imagine there would have to be a older person to supervise and drive the car that picks up the trolleys. Currently my hubby would take a job like that of it meant some extra bucks in our pocket.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    A job is a job is a job, there are so many people who would take ANY job, but don't because they're afraid of what people might think. Who cares what job you do as long as you're happy to do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, well this is just my opinion, and well, I'm probably going to get shot down for it, but, well, here goes....

Who cares?! They're working and not sitting on their backsides doing nothing productive - would it be better for them to leave it to the "youngun's" and do nothing? Pfft.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    As long as someone is doing it, I don't give two hoots...

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    couldn't give a rats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    From what I remember when I used to work at a supermarket, was that a lot of the trolley "boys" were people with intellectual or physical disabilities, or people who found it really hard re-entering the workforce for a variety of reasons.

I think it doesn't matter how old they are, everyone should have a chance to work if they want to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont care who does it a boy a girl a man or a woman as long as they do their job well. Besides you never know that man could be bringing home money to his wife and kids as long as they are working I dont care! Oh and on a side note I always say hello to them as I have seen people look down on them it is a very thankless job!