+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Post Blocked nose stopping baby from sleeping through the night

My 4 month old, has never slept more than 3-4 hours at night, which I am happy with, but recently, he has become unsettled every 2 hours and I have to get up and resettle.
    He seems to have a blocked nose, and I use fess (saline solution) which helps for a while, but then his nose drys again.
    Would a humidifier work. And can anyone recommend one??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks - I didn't think of allergies as me and my husband don't have any. I'll get medical advice on that I think.
    I have heard of the TAAV but I gather it does not have a safety cut off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my dd used to wake in the night too with a stuffy nose (she's 5mths). i used fess as well but found myself getting up to do the spray thing every few hrs.

eventually i got the vicks vaporiser; it cuts off the power on its own when the water level reaches a certain minimum level. i bought the oil as well (combination of eucalyptus, lavender etc) - a few drops into the water and it gives a pleasant scent in my dd's room. she now sleeps well and i can tell that the congestion in her nose has significantly improved.

she had a slight cough last week, so i bought vicks balsam from the chemist and rubbed some on her chest and back before bedtime. it seemed to calm her and gave her some relief from the coughing and stuffy nose.