+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandmum View Post
    Okay I tried the apple cidar vinegar and it tasted awful, are there any other boy drinks I can try?
    From www.ingender.com
    I have bolded the drinks bit
    Boy diet-->-->

There is some studies that suggest the food you eat can affect the gender outcome of your children. So, for the boy diet I did a little comparison between the boy diet (studies show this favors boys), the Potassium diet (potassium favors y sperm), the alkaline diet (effects pH) and the testosterone diet (high testosterone favors boys). You would try to eat off of this from one threw 4- One being the most important and 4 being the least. When doing the boy diet you must be adding salt as much as possible. However salt depletes the body of folic acid and your risk of miscarriage goes up when you don't have enough folic acid. So PLEASE take folic acid supplements when you are on this diet. Do not stop taking FA till you are in the 12 week of pg; then you can switch to your prenatal. If you have high blood pressure you should avoid the boy diet. Rather concentrate on the alkaline diet while cutting out dairy

Boy cookbook:

http://www.in-gender.com/CS/forums/t/16342.aspx

Boy Diet Mineral Ranges (except for K+, these are ranges only for the diet, minerals are posted below):

Na++ (Sodium) 5000-6000 mg/ day

K+ (Potassium) 4,000-5,000 mg/day (this is a combined supplement/diet total.. NO MORE)

Ca (Calcium) 250-400 mg/day

Mg (Magnesium) 120-200 mg/day

Warning- to much potassium to fast can cause heart palpitations. Be careful of this! For salt use sea salt on everything

Tier one
    Here are the foods that are on all three diets with no calcium or very little calcium in them:

ice burger lettuce (all other lettuce has calcium)
    Celery
    Tomato's- all forms

Amsterdam carrots (formally known as baby carrots but now baby carrots are really real carrots with 30mg cal)
    V8

Peaches
    Pairs

Tier two
    Here are the foods on the boy diet and the potassium diet with little or no calcium in them:

Meat- most meat but not fish
    Potato's - very high is potassium!
    Apricots
    Cantaloupe
    Bananas

Oranges
    Apples
    Cherries
    Pineapples

Gelatin
    White rice
    Watermelon (magnesium is found in the seeds- do not eat seeds

Zucchini

Tier 3
    Here is the foods on the boy diet and the Alkaline diet.

Dates, dried apricots, dried dates and dried figs. canned soups,

Tier 4
    This would be the individual diets in order of importance but avoiding all calcium.-->-->

Potassium diet: http://www.krispin.com/potassm.html
    Alkaline: http://www.essense-of-life.com/info/foodchart.htm-->-->

Testosterone diet: gelatin, peanuts, wheat http://ezinearticles.com/?A-Guide-To-High-Testosterone-Foods&id=159720-->-->-->-->

*You can replace milk with Rice milk (with 2% calcium or less). It is slightly acidic so if your pH is working then don't use.

*Plain Pasta is a neutral food. It contains none of the minerals on any of the diets

*You can add more positive ions to meat by soaking in a salt brine first.

A great website to help you track your potassium, salt, magnesium, and calcium intake is: WWW.fitday.com

-->-->

Having problems raising your pH? Go here:

http://www.in-gender.com/CS/forums/t/15570.aspx

-->
    Drinks

You dont take all the drinks.. but rather pick the one that works best for YOU

*Baking soda drink- (Each 1 teaspoon serving of pure BS =1232 mg sodium bicarbonate) One of the fastest ways to raise pH that has been discovered is baking soda drink. It is very important to follow the direction on the box. Do not take more than six 1/2 tsp a day (which is 3tsp a day or 3696mg). When baking soda is consumed it is a drug and you can over dose on it. You must also make sure that the powder is completely dissolved because unresolved baking soda can cause ulcers. You drink this from Af to O. Here is a link to the baking soda website:http://www.armhammer.com/basics/magic/index.asp#12 If you do this you must take Folic acid every day.

Appe Cidar Vinegar (acv) drink: MAKE SURE IT HAS THE 'MOTHER' ATTACHED! drink 4 oz water, 2 T ACV, three times a day. Do not drink this in the morning as it lowers blood sugar which sways girl. Start drinking it after lunch.

*Cream of tartar drink. Cream of tartar is pure potassium and when added to water it becomes easly absorbed by the body. There is 495mg of potassium in 1 tsp of cot. You can't have any more than 7 tsp a day.. you need to build up gradually. Only side effect is diaherea if taken to much. You can add one tsp of cot to 1/2 tsp bs and 4 oz of water- mix well and wait for fizzing to stop. Drink from af to O giving your body a break during the 2ww. . If you do this you must take large amounts of Folic acid every day.

Lemon or lime water- Lemons and limes are acidic out of the body. But once consumed they have a chemical reaction with the acidic in the stomach that make them super alkaline. When ttc you want to drink 66-120+ oz of water a day, so why not make it lemon? You can use any form of lemon (fresh or bottled) and you add enough till you can taste it. Lemon is more alkaline than lime however; lemon has just a little less calcium than lime.

Potassium Drink: 1 cup V8 2-6 heaped tbls. nutritional yeast flakes (start with smaller amount) Potassium- 800-1,800 mg. Protein- 8-24 grams

Gelatin drink: Gelatin is a huge booster for testosterone. You want pure Gelatin such as the kind made from Knox. This has no sugar and is therefore not very acidic. You drink or eat one package of Gelatin 3 times a day from af to O (or more if you want but to save money just from af to O). For more info please read this: http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/45012.aspx

All other drinks- Some recommend mineral water for ttc a boy. This is ok as long as you can find one with no calcium or magnesium. Caffeine can be consumed by the dh once a day- any more and it will drop sperm count. DW can consume caffeine but remember that coffee is acidic and not to drink diet pop (diet pop is acidic). Juices need to follow the boy diet making sure the fruit is listed as boy safe--> The following are great for ttc a boy: tomato juice ( very high Na and K, low Ca and Mg), Pineapple J, lemon j, and apple j.( about 10mg of Ca and Mg per 100g for all of them.

*You can mix the cot and bs into one drink if you make sure not to go over the total amount aloud for the day.

The supplements

You dont take all the supplments.. but rather pick the one that works best for YOU

Supplements are to increase cervical mucus pH. Studies show that high pH favors boy conceptions. These are the supplements I have found. The goal of the boy diet is to increase potassium in the cm and to change pH; the goal of supplements is to change pH and make EWCM. Here are all the supplements that I have heard of for ttc a boy. Granted there may be more. They key here is for you to find the right 'recipe' to make high pH with ewcm with potassium mixed in- this is the goal. Remember.. it is better to take supplements in liquid form if you can find that because it is more easily absorbed by the body. You should have a small meal / snack which contains some fat when taking your Vits and supplements. You will absorb more from the supplements that way. Your body will be releasing the enzymes to digest the food and it's vitamins and so will have the right enzymes about to get the most out of those expensive supplements

For the dw:

*Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) 1000mg total a day~ Increases cm and ewcm. Try to space it out by takeing 2-3 capsules per day from last day of period until ovulation--

Robitussum or (Guaifenesin tablets) 400mg~ Helps thin out cm.May be taken from last day of period until 3 days after ovulation. Take 2 tsp about 3 times per day-Mucinex over-the counter-->-->

Alka Selzter Gold~ Each serving of ASG (there are 2 tablets in a packet) = 2100 mg sodium bicarbonate. (Do not take more than 3696mg a day). ASG raise pH and the gold gives you potassium

*Green Tea 315mg~ Helps loosen cm and improves overall fertility. Drink 2-3 cups per day starting from last day of period. Can also be taken in the form of tablets, 2-3 tablets per-->-->

Potassium pills 99mg- Makes cm more alkaline add potassium to cm. Only a little is absorbed with pills. More is absorbed with diet.

Fertile-cm- makes ewcm and is alkaline. Increase female testosterone, take 3 a day with 66+ oz of water. Can be taken from af to af or if you want to save money from af to confirmed o-->-->

False unicorn 900mg (ewcm, alkaline)- (suppose to help regulate cycle after depo-provera shot)-->-->

E 400iu-Strengthens lining of egg-->-->

Fish Oil 1000 mg- (NOT Cod Liver Oil) EWCM and makes cm more alkaline (please read dh supplments about fish oil for him down below)-->-->
    Folic acid 2000 or more mcg –this is a must for ttc a boy. strengthens egg and prevents miscarriage and is needed while on the boy diet To make sure you can absorb the most Folic Acid it needs to be taken when you won't consume any of the Boy Diet drinks that will limit its absorption. Keep taking this till the 12 week of pg then ween yourself down to your prenatal.

*Flaxseed Oil 1000mg -increase cm -->-->

Tribulous Terrestris (punture vine) 1000mg 2-3 times a day. This raises tesosterone for both dh and dw. http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t...px?PageIndex=1

L-Arginine 500mg- makes ewcm and raises testrone. Not to be taken with fertile-cm as fcm has it in it already

Royal Jelly and Bee Pollen - DO NOT TAKE IF YOU HAVE BEE ALERGIES!! 1tsp morning and night do not use a metal spoon to eat it do not dissolve in water, just stick it in your mouth and smash it with your tongue. You can then swallow some water. It is just quicker and easier this way and it most likely won't dissolve in the water anyway. Do not heat it at all. The heat will destroy the effectiveness of it. This also takes around 3 months to work but I have seen it work in shorter amounts of time. This supplent will raise pH and make for a strong ovulation helping you to get pregenant. Please read more here, here and here
    *contains fake estrogen- could lengthen your cycle.

For Dh:

Zinc (raises testostrone) 50mg -One a day no more

B-12 150mcg -Repairs sperm count if dh has caffeen on a daily bases (daily caffeen isn't recommended)

ginseng 500mg- raises testostrone

L-arginine 500mg- raises pH and sperm count

Vitamin E - 400iu raies sperm count

I reckon the lemon and lime water sounds the best!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

Dobbie  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Golly gawsh...anyone willing to go this far??

Swim Up

This method is for ttc a dd. The principle of this method is Y sperm thrives in the perfect pH (9-9.9.) So if we provided that pH it will incourage the Y sperm over the X sperm to swim upwards. The slowest are the majority of X-bearing sperm. Semen is placed in the bottom of a test tube and the sperm swim upwards through an egg white substance, to the top of the tube. The fasest sperm are selected and discarded. Then the remaining bottom sperm (in theory majority X-bearing sperm) are used for TBM.

For this method you will need:-->-->
    •Test tube
    •Incubator (approx 99F/37C) -->-->
    •Microscope (best magnification between 100x - 300x) -->-->
    •1 Pasteurized REAL chicken egg (use WHITES only) -->-->
    •Bottled distilled water -->-->
    •6 x medicine droppers (or 2, but wash very well in-between use)-->-->
    •Cup or condom for dh's sample -->-->
    •pH strips
    •7% vinegar-or lime (for TBM & douche)
    •Tampon
    •Optional: Replens, or rephresh small amount every 3 days
    If your egg whites sink please click here

-->-->
    -->-->

Egg White Mix Recipe for only if your egg whites are a pH of 10+:

-->-->

First check real EW pH. If it is less than 10 then you don’t need to do this. ….Using a fork gently mix: WHITE ONLY from 1 PASTEURIZED CHICKEN EGG preseed. pH of this mixture should be 9. Don't add preseed too fast or the pH will drop to low. Add a little, check pH then add a little more.-->-->

-->-->

The Method:

-->-->

Step 1: Dh to DTD in a cup or condom.

-->-->

Step 2: Place semen in bottom of test tube - note the measurement.

-->-->

Step 3: Gently place an equal amount of egg white mixture on top of semen in test tube (ie, 2mls of egg white solution, if 2mls of semen). Make sure to place it in the middle of the test tube. Do not touch semen with tip. Egg white should remain floating on top of semen.-->-->

Step 4: Place test tube in incubator at a 45 degree angle (temp in incubator should be approx 99F/37C, you may have to put a light towel around base it to reach this temp but do NOT go over 100F/37.77C as this will slow the sperm down). *Take note of time, or set a timer for 1 hour.

-->-->

Step 5: Douche a small amount lime & water (usual recipe is 1 tbsp of each) or 7% vinegar douche, using a medicine dropper or douche bottle.

-->-->

Step 6: After 1 hour, use a medicine dropper to suck up any sperm at the top of the tube, aswell as ALL of the egg white mix. These portions in theory contains a small amount of very fast X-bearing sperm, as well as majority of Y-bearing sperm. You may want to check with a microscope that these are the fast swimmers. Discard these portions.

-->-->

Step 7: Using a different medicine dropper, suck up the remaining contents of the test tube and transfer to a clean cup. This should be ONLY semen (no egg white mix). This portion is to be kept and used for TBM.

-->-->

Step 8: You may want to now double check that the last portion is mostly x-sperm. Put one drop on the slide of your scope (make sure you have a slide cover on top of the sample and look at it under the icroscope.) You should only have semen remaining. They should be the slowest sperm. Make sure you don't mix these up with the portion above!

Step 9: Add lime juice one drop at a time to the semen in the cup to create a pH of 4.5 - 5.5. Gently 'swish' to combine the two liquids.

-->-->

Step 10: Using a different medicine dropper, insert the splime whilst lying down with hips tipped slightly or add splime (semen/lime) to a diva cup and insert into vj)

Gradient Density Centrifuge

This method is for ttc a dd. The principle of this method is that the X-bearing sperm are heavier than the Y-bearing sperm, due to more DNA. Using the G force of the centrifuge, a higher ratio of the X-bearing sperm will sediment in the bottom of the test tube, after being through each layer of the 3 step Gradient Density (sucrose solution). You never do this alone as it only sways by about 5-7%. You need to do swim up after this!

For this method you will need:

•Centrifuge
    •Test tube with stopper/lid (2 required if you have a centrifuge that needs balancing - ie, more than one position for the tube)
    •Bottled distilled water
    •Caster sugar, or a fine grade of sugar
    •Cup or non-latex non-spermicide condom for dh's sample
    •3 x medicine droppers
    •1 needless syringe OR douche bottle (for douching)
    •Bottled lime juice
    •pH strips
    • Microscope (best magnification between 100x - 300x)
    • Insert Replens or Rephresh (finger tip amount) every 3 days
    Sucrose Recipes:

50% solution = 3 tablespoons & 1 teaspoon of SUGAR + 3 tablespoons & 1 teaspoon of DISTILLED WATER.

45% solution = 3 tablespoons of SUGAR + 3 tablespoons & 2 teaspoons of DISTILLED WATER.

40% solution = 2 tablespoons & 2 teaspoons of SUGAR + 4 tablespoons of DISTILLED WATER.

** Dissolve each solution in a cup, which is held in a bowl of hot water. You may need to stir each solution until it is completely dissolved. The solutions should be CLEAR when completed.

The Method:

Step 1: Dh to DTD in a cup or condom.

Step 2: Layer the test tube with sucrose solutions. *These solutions should be warmed to body temperature.* First put the 50% solution on the bottom (0.25mls), then gently place the 45% solution on top of this (0.25mls), and then the 40% solution as the top layer (0.25mls). You should see a fine line between each layer.

Step 3: Put the cup or condom of semen in a basin of warm water. Wait for the semen to liquify.

Step 4: Place the liquefied semen on top of the sucrose solutions in the test tube.

Step 5: Centrifuge for 20 - 30 minutes, until there is sperm sediment in the bottom of the test tube. You will see the sperm seeping it's way down each layer like "little ray's of sunshine" (if you check every 5 - 10 minutes). Do not stop centrifuge suddenly as this will kill all sperm. Rather let it gradually slow down.

Step 6: Using a medicine dropper, remove the top semen aswell as 1 or 2 layers of the sucrose solution (leaving only the 50% solution with sperm sediment for Swim up only the bottom layer, OR 45% & 50% solutions with sperm left if you choose to swim up the bottom 2 layers). **Please note that using the bottom 2 layers will give you more sperm but also a slightly less concentration of X sperm. Discard these top layer/s. Optional: You may wish to check a droplet of this discarded layer/s under the microscope. They will appear very fast swimmers.

Step 7: Do swim up (see method above) *If your egg whites sink please click here

Step 8: Do TBM (see method abvoe)

www.ingender.com
    Last edited by Ffrenchknickers; 24-11-2009 at 14:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi ladies

hope you don't mind me joining in.

dh and i have two boys and i would love a girl but with dh's family history i have a vague feeling it's not gonna happen. (they're all boys except one)

mellymumma...i have you as one of my friends on facebook...but if youc an work out who i am...please don't say anything on here or there as we are keeping this very quiet. there's only one other person who knows about this.

i've cut out red meat, increased my milk drinkage and water...trying to cut out tea drinking but im down to one a day (first thing in the morning).

dh and i have bd'ed this morning and sunday night...hopefully going to entice him again tonight after our date...we're going out to see new moon and to celebrate our ds2 being born 8months ago today.

i usually have a regular 28 day cycle so i'm thinking that i will o on friday or saturday so hopefully we'll catch that egg and it'll only be little girls left by then.

oh i've 'ed enough.

i hope brings me a even if it happens to be another boy

BoyCrazy is offline <MY SWEET BABY GIRL HARPER 9 MONTHS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    pjrn welcome! hope you catch your pink eggie!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi ladies!

DH and I are just about to start TTC for a little girl.

We have a 22 month old boy, and I just finished AF, but have just come off the pill so have no idea what my cycle is doing. So the plan is to just do lots of BD up till next Mon or Tues...hopefully that will mean we stop before I ovulate...and remember that we aren't in a rush to conceive!

I love my little boy but I really want a girl. I just have a feeling I will be having another little boy though!

jolenje is offline Another Little Leo Coming 2010!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissSookyLaLa View Post
    I love my little boy but I really want a girl. I just have a feeling I will be having another little boy though!
    Hi sooky, Good luck catching that eggy!
    My advice would be to start early each cycle, with DD we started from day7, sounds mad, but it worked for us!

BTW, when I was pg with DD, I was positive I was having a boy also, just going off family history, but low and behold ...

AFM...Cd 19, 4dpo...trying hard to ignore silly tummy twinges, sore nipples etc...
    Surely it's too early for any symptoms to present themselves...?
    Here we go again with the mind games...LOL!

BoyCrazy is offline <MY SWEET BABY GIRL HARPER 9 MONTHS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    meh another bfn here..AF still not here either

jolenje is offline Another Little Leo Coming 2010!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Boycrazy...Sorry about your bfn...

Love the "sperm/egg" story...gosh that sounds like too much trouble...though in this day and age you would think that they could come up with something you could inject sperm yourself with...without resorting to IVF etc...LOL!
    A vibrator with a built in insemination function...what do you reckon?
    (Just joking, no offence intended...)
    If we can't laugh, then we are indeed getting too crusty...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi girls

BoyCrazy - sorry to hear about your bfn

prjn and MissSookyLaLa - Hi and welcome

jolenje - How's your tww going.

AFM i am 2 dpo so just waiting waiting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Sorry I haven't been in for a while. I've had sick kids and then been pretty sick myself - am still recovering but couldn't stay away!

Big welcomes to jolenje, prjn and MissSookyLala!! Here's hoping you all get your bfps asap!!!

prjn I know exactly who you are ! I also know how you got your username . Goodluck chicken and heres hoping we get a bfp together!

Monique 2ww sucks butt!! But everyday is a day closer to your bfp! Goodluck!!

jolenje you sound like a funny bugger! Keep crackin the funnies - it makes the hard times easier!!

fFrenchstar you are well researched! I've had a sticky on those sites too its all so much to take in!

Mel I'm sorry about the bfn wonder what you body is up to?

Mel you make sure you make a date with that hubby of yours! No getting out of it!

elleandmum sorry to hear af arrived . Tell her to pizz off!

Amylou how are you?

How is everyone I missed? I'm sorry for missing you but my head is still pretty fuzzy from being sick - not an excuse I know but its all I can come up with. Hope you're all well and shagging your little hearts out!

AFM I'm on cd 7 and due to sickness haven't been following any kind of diet. Will hopefully shag on o day but thats probably going to be the extent of my effort this cycle unfortunately.

Take care everyone!

Mel
    xxx