+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 74 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chunksta View Post
    Ive been looking at this site it tells you what you need and how much to increase your chances of having a boy!!!

*Baking soda drink- (Each 1 teaspoon serving of pure BS =1232 mg sodium bicarbonate) One of the fastest ways to raise pH that has been discovered is baking soda drink. It is very important to follow the direction on the box. Do not take more than six 1/2 tsp a day (which is 3tsp a day or 3696mg). When baking soda is consumed it is a drug and you can over dose on it. You must also make sure that the powder is completely dissolved because unresolved baking soda can cause ulcers. You drink this from Af to O. Here is a link to the baking soda website:http://www.armhammer.com/basics/magic/index.asp#12 If you do this you must take Folic acid every day.

Hope it works!! Do you drink lemon water every day or only days leading up to O. With the PH testing ill get onto that my mum have some strips for me!!! (Gotta love Mum's..She helps me heaps xox )
    I drink it every day! At least 8 glasses. The more water you drink the better your EWCM will be which favours BOYS

I won't know if it has helped any until the period finishes but soon as I can start testing my pH and compare with last month I will let you know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    I was trying to start a thread like this in another area as I missed this one....
    Please can I join you I am so incredibly confused and need some help!!
    DH and I are about to start TTC in a week or so and I have been reading up about gender selection techniques, the one that makes the most sense is Shettles method. We are attempting to conceive a girl but would be over the moon if we end up with a baby boy too!
    I have also bought a maybe baby and this is where I get so confused. According to shettles method to conceive a girl, you stop intercourse 3 day before ovulation, so help maybe baby indicates the LH surge (?) about 24-48 hours prior to ovulation which means is too late? So do I need to monitor temps and CM too?
    Ahhhh I'm so confused, please someone help!!!!
    X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammy25 View Post
    Hi ladies,
    I was trying to start a thread like this in another area as I missed this one....
    Please can I join you I am so incredibly confused and need some help!!
    DH and I are about to start TTC in a week or so and I have been reading up about gender selection techniques, the one that makes the most sense is Shettles method. We are attempting to conceive a girl but would be over the moon if we end up with a baby boy too!
    I have also bought a maybe baby and this is where I get so confused. According to shettles method to conceive a girl, you stop intercourse 3 day before ovulation, so help maybe baby indicates the LH surge (?) about 24-48 hours prior to ovulation which means is too late? So do I need to monitor temps and CM too?
    Ahhhh I'm so confused, please someone help!!!!
    X
    Welcome Tammy!

Personally, I believe it a good sway you need to do more than just time intercourse
    This includes changing your diet and taking certain supplements to change your pH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hello everyone....

=Hokey Pokey luv the name change? How did you go with you lemon water and PH levels???
    I actually tried it but had to force myself to drink half a glass so i dont think ill be drinking it, i havent tried the bi carb yet havent had time!!
    Just been salting E.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g!!!!

I've started temping and a TTC diary so i can keep track on symptoms and feelings that might be UTD or AF related!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    As far as intercourse timing, can you suggest how to use maybe baby correctly?

What are your diet recommendations for a girl?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Diet recommendations vary on which theory you're going on. I'm focusing on a combination of the trivers willard hypothesis and the in gender girl diet.
    I'm not doing a major swing, we're BDing through O (every 2 days, without fail, thanks to some reading I've been doing).
    Diet for me is this pretty much daily:
    Vitex in whatever I can stomach it with {That stuff is disgusting} at about 8
    Lunch at 12: White bread sandwich with egg or chicken breast. Maybe a little lettuce, some mayo and that's it
    Drink: peppermint tea
    Might have a snack of a plain wrap or a piece of toast or similar
    Dinner: chicken breast with pasta, or in a wrap. Boring.
    I had a leek and chicken quiche the other day, it was pretty good!

On trivers willard, nothing is out of bounds, so I don't worry about a few small slip ups. Theory is basically, eat as if you're a peasant a couple hundred years ago. Not much variety or nutrition... for a girl anyway
    NO red meat though!!!!

Drinking peppermint tea by the truckload, DF having hot showers before BDing, spending plenty of time outdoors... I'm not having the big O when we BD at all (waaaaaaaaaah!), am taking vitex (gradually built this up as I'm bfing, so I needed to see if the dosage would affect my supply, thankfully it didn't), taking she-oak for cycle regulation too. BFing also swings girl

I should also probably be supplementing with calcium (A LOT!!) and cranberry but its just not happening with a wedding next month and my DS's 3rd birthday as well!!
    Trying not to stress, and to keep myself busy and tired.

Thanks
    Reviews

this are some links for the girl sway....
    http://in-gender.com/Gender-Selectio...ving-Girl.aspx

This one is for foods, you need to look at the Acidic food list
    http://alkaline-alkaline.com/ph_food_chart.html

hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chunksta View Post
    hello everyone....

=Hokey Pokey luv the name change? How did you go with you lemon water and PH levels???
    I actually tried it but had to force myself to drink half a glass so i dont think ill be drinking it, i havent tried the bi carb yet havent had time!!
    Just been salting E.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g!!!!

I've started temping and a TTC diary so i can keep track on symptoms and feelings that might be UTD or AF related!!!
    I love the lemon actually but I do not think my pH is changing yet, that or I have low ionic strength>??

I suggest first to test your pH to see what you need to change.
    Basically, to sway girl you need to increase your magnesium and calcium and consume LOTS of dairy!! Eat lots of strawberry and raspberry, eggs, fish, green beans, leeks.
    Avoid red meat (this contains testosterone) and reduce your sodium and potassium intake as this sways boy. Go for chicken.
    Drink lots of cranberry juice!!
    You are aiming to reduce your EWCM as this favours boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay so I read about that but one small problem..... I'm a vegetarian and I also don't eat eggs so Yeah don't think this diet things gonna work for me very well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay so I read about that but one small problem..... I'm a vegetarian and I also don't eat eggs so Yeah don't think this diet things gonna work for me very well!

I HOPE im on the right path Tammy
    i just read the is a french diet for girls.... also the GI diet ( the GI diet has less meat)
    Permitted Foods
    Drinks:
    • at least 750ml milk per day (full cream or low fat)
    • calcic mineral water (evian, vittel, perrier)
    Meat/fish
    • 130g max per day of beef, veal, chicken, offal, lamb, mutton, pork, fish
    • fish cooked only in 500ml water to reduce Na
    Eggs: permitted
    Milk products:
    • unsalted butter
    • fresh cream
    • At least 2 serves per day of: yoghurt, petite-suisses (don't know what this is!), fresh unsalted cheese, milk/dairy desserts (custard etc)
    • home-made ice-cream
    Bread:
    • salt free bread and crispbread
    • homemade pastries with no salt/yeast
    Fruit
    • fresh, frozen or canned: apples, pears, clementines, strawberries, raspberries (i peel skin off where possible as most of the K+ is in skin)
    • ONLY TINNED pineapples, plums and peaches, without the syrup
    Nuts
    • unsalted walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, peanuts
    Vegies
    • Potatoes: 150g max per serve and not more than 3 times per week (if you also peel them, slice and soak in lots of water overnight you get rid of a lot of the K+)
    • Fresh or frozen: carrots, green beans, turnips, onions, leeks, peas, cucumbers, radish, green/red peppers, cress, celeriac, celery, salsify, COOKED tomatoes, aubergine, fresh asparagus, green salad veg,
    • artichokes: once per fortnight only
    • *all above green veg up to a max of 150g per day
    Sweet food
    • jam; max of 1 Tbsp per day
    • fruit jellies: not more than once per day
    • sugar, honey
    Misc
    • all veg oils
    • pepper, spices, herbs
    • mustard
    • home-made sauces without salt
    Concessions:
    • a margin is allowed for 1 small cup of tea/weak instant coffee/ hot choc not more than once per day
    • may have 1 orange or lemon per week
    Anything not listed shouldn't be consumed.
    Diet should be followed 2.5 months prior to conception
    Studies using this diet have had success rates of 77-80% (under medical supervision to ensure women stuck to it!)

AND
    In case any of you are interested... here is what he has for TTC a Girl:
    Dr. Francois Papa’s Gender Selection Diet
    (According to the book, men do not have to do the diet!)

800mg Calcium Syrup / day
    300mg Magnesium pills / day

• Water: YES
    • Fruit Juices: NO
    • Soda & Lemonade: NO
    • Tea & Coffee: MAX per Day: 1 cup of weak coffee or tea
    • Chocolate: NO
    • Alcohol: NO
    • Beer & Ciders: NO
    • Milk: At least 750ml per day
    • Yogourt: Twice per day
    • Butter: Unsalted only
    • Cheese: NO
    • Fish: MAX 130g per day Boiled
    • Shell Fish: NO
    • Fresh & Frozen fruit: MAX 150g per day: Apples, Pears, Clementine, Strawberries and Raspberries. (Canned Pineapple and Peaches only without syrup)
    • Sugar free jams: MAX: 1 TBSP per day
    • Vegetables: (Potatoes: MAX 150g 3x/week) Carrots, green beans, turnips, onions, leak, peas, cucumbers, radish, peppers, celery, cooked tomatoes, fresh asparagus, green salads
    • Canned Vegetables NO
    • Meat: MAX 130g per day
    • Deli meats: NO
    • White Bread: Low Sodium
    • Whole wheat Bread: NO
    • Pasta: YES
    • Rice: YES
    • Corn / Popcorn: NO
    • Spices: Garlic, chives, coriander, cumin, curry, allspice, ginger, pepper, paprika, rosemary, saffron, sage, mint
    • Eggs: YES
    • Nuts: Unsalted
    • Dried Fruit: NO
    • Honey: YES
    • MISC: Vegetable Oil, pepper, salt-free mustard

Here are some links to the info ive found

http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t...px?PageIndex=1
    http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/p...6/1599144.aspx

Calcium tablets might be the go for you, (Stay away from Chocolate as that blocks calcium absorption)
    Whatever foods that you dont eat and favours girls maybe just take a supplements as a substitute
    Hope this helps

Last edited by foreverclucky; 10-03-2011 at 09:05.