+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chunksta View Post
    Hi,
    Mind if i join? Ive been following the thread and reading lots and lots of post on things to increase your chances of a certain sex.
    My DH and i have 2 DD and have been TTC#3 for a few months now with no luck. We are trying for a boy !!!!!
    My problem is irregular periods up until we started TTC i was 28 days but now its anywhere from 24-28 i have been monitoring Cm and been taking OPK
    But OopsieDaisy you wrote=

What is your CM like right after ovulation? Does it stay quite fertile like (EWCM) or does it change fairly quickly to creamy/stickey.

If it stays fertile like your chances of a boy are higher as boy sperm find this better, if it changes within 12 hours of ovulation to sticky cream it is good for the girly sperm.

Sorry but TMI mine is usually creaming sticky Cm then EWCM for a few days oes that me i should DTD everyday of the EWCm, when i do the OPK is alwats lighter colour that the darkest line which i dont know if im O or Not?? i read all these signs of O and that but the OPK dont really tell me and i have no idea how to montior my Temp? Do you have any good links i could look at and start charting my temp?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks in advance
    Welcome!!

Ok... don't just rely on timing alone as diet is just as important. We need to see how acidic/alkaline we are by testing our pH levels. Ask me if you need more info on this

As for OPK's... how often do you use them and what time of the day?

I chart my temp on fertility friend, see the link in my sig and you can make an account yourself You will need a BBT thermometer - I got mine from a chemist (just a digital one) they don't cost alot.

There are also lots of ways we can improve our CM I will help you with more info if you need it

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

foreverclucky  (24-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies ,
    Welcome chunksta,sounds like Oopsie is putting you on the right track. Anyone attempting or testing soon?
    Oopsie,I just read your diary entry,can I ask how you conceived 4 girls with an intolerance to dairy? I can't handle much either,and I am finding it hard to increase my intake.
    Cheers,
    Jacqui
    Last edited by mummyjac; 24-02-2011 at 08:48.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyjac For This Useful Post:

foreverclucky  (24-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyjac View Post
    Hi ladies ,
    Welcome chunksta,sounds like Oopsie is putting you on the right track. Anyone attempting or testing soon?
    Oopsie,I just read your diary entry,can I ask how you conceived 4 girls with an intolerance to dairy? I can't handle much either,and I am finding it hard to increase my intake.
    Cheers,
    Jacqui
    Hi Jacqui,

I have only been diagnosed with an intolerance so with my girls I was eating LOTS of dairy and chocolate

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't get by without chocolate . The ingender site says it blocks calcium absorption,and contains caffeine,so I am trying to limit it . Did you drink much caffeine when you had your girls?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyjac View Post
    I can't get by without chocolate . The ingender site says it blocks calcium absorption,and contains caffeine,so I am trying to limit it . Did you drink much caffeine when you had your girls?
    Yep I sure did!!!!

I don't drink any now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So is caffeine bad if trying for a boy and chocolate??? I don't drink coffee never liked the stuff

We are going to TTC after AF shows up maybe next week she might arrive.

I don't know if I have done enough reserach on gender swaying but I would be happy for boy or girl. Maybe I will try harder by bubba number 3 or 4. I am too clucky to wait any longer.

I will try follow diet and have been reading oopsie's diary which is super useful. I will use OPK to try to determine ovulation and get DH to drink coffee 30 mins b4 DTD and try correct sexual positioning (doggy style) sorry TMI. But I can't be stuffed temping it's too much for me especially on no sleep!!!!

FX I get up the duff next month but with 36 + day cycles I could be waiting till April

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MummyLip For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (26-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Luck Mummylip. I know what you mean about temping,I don't think I will bother much with it either. I haven't been on the pill for months now,it didn't agree with me after having DS2. I have gotten so used to my signals,I can usually tell exactly when I am ovulating anyway.
    Just try to increase salt,potatoes,tomatoes,bananas and lots of red meat,you should do well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello ladies,
    Im following the Boy diet as much as i can and i dont think i will chart as i know when i O as i get little niggly pains near my ovaries. I am going to start charting my CM and writing it down on a little chart ive made its next to my bed so that way i can write it down quicky as i dont have much time with my 2DD to quicky turn the laptop on etc
    Im testing OPK only once a day but when i read its best to do it at 2pm and try not to pee for a few hours before?? is that right and should i be testing maybe twice a day? And with increasing your alkaline ive read to mix bi carb with water and drink that (to increase your chances of having a boy?)
    We have still been TTC this month so hopefully me getting ready for next month will be a waste......
    Baby dust to all TTC and
    XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chunksta View Post
    Hello ladies,
    Im following the Boy diet as much as i can and i dont think i will chart as i know when i O as i get little niggly pains near my ovaries. I am going to start charting my CM and writing it down on a little chart ive made its next to my bed so that way i can write it down quicky as i dont have much time with my 2DD to quicky turn the laptop on etc
    Im testing OPK only once a day but when i read its best to do it at 2pm and try not to pee for a few hours before?? is that right and should i be testing maybe twice a day? And with increasing your alkaline ive read to mix bi carb with water and drink that (to increase your chances of having a boy?)
    We have still been TTC this month so hopefully me getting ready for next month will be a waste......
    Baby dust to all TTC and
    XX
    Watch how much bs you drink, too much can be dangerous. I am drinking lemon water for now, when AF finishes I will let you know if it helped
    You can do bs fingers, baths and douches.. I have not done these yet though.

You will need pH strips or a digital tester to check your pH level

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OopsieDaisy View Post
    Watch how much bs you drink, too much can be dangerous. I am drinking lemon water for now, when AF finishes I will let you know if it helped
    You can do bs fingers, baths and douches.. I have not done these yet though.

You will need pH strips or a digital tester to check your pH level

Ive been looking at this site it tells you what you need and how much to increase your chances of having a boy!!!

*Baking soda drink- (Each 1 teaspoon serving of pure BS =1232 mg sodium bicarbonate) One of the fastest ways to raise pH that has been discovered is baking soda drink. It is very important to follow the direction on the box. Do not take more than six 1/2 tsp a day (which is 3tsp a day or 3696mg). When baking soda is consumed it is a drug and you can over dose on it. You must also make sure that the powder is completely dissolved because unresolved baking soda can cause ulcers. You drink this from Af to O. Here is a link to the baking soda website:http://www.armhammer.com/basics/magic/index.asp#12 If you do this you must take Folic acid every day.

Hope it works!! Do you drink lemon water every day or only days leading up to O. With the PH testing ill get onto that my mum have some strips for me!!! (Gotta love Mum's..She helps me heaps xox )