Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Me too please !!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lilbird For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (09-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by (mum2be) View Post
    Hi guys!

I hope you don't mind me popping in. I've been following this post for awhile & need some questions answered please.

We have to beautiful boys & have decided to have one more bubs. We would both love to have a girl!! But of course happy with either. There will be no more babies after this one

I plan to DTD 2- 3 days before the big "O" but have just checked PH levels & are 7.2 alkaline!! What can i do to make it more acidic? Keep in mind i'm due to ovulate on the 13th this month!!! Any help would be great!!!
    Avoid BD when you have EWCM, use shallow penetration and avoid yourself having an orgasm.

BD 2-4 days before you ovulate. You need to make sure you know when you are ovulating - don't rely on guess work. Start at 4 days before and next cycle if not pregnant move up to 3 days before.

Follow a diet high in calcium and magnesium for a girl and lower your potassium and sodium.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I can go more in depth if you like, just ask xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I just ask, info I have say if using opk's when a surge has been detected they say u have 24-48 some even say 72 hours later. So I presume if you DTD and then detect a surge a short time later you'd think if you were going to ov soon you'd still have a chance of concieving and with a girl
    ???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbird View Post
    Can I just ask, info I have say if using opk's when a surge has been detected they say u have 24-48 some even say 72 hours later. So I presume if you DTD and then detect a surge a short time later you'd think if you were going to ov soon you'd still have a chance of concieving and with a girl
    ???
    I really recommend you not rely on opks alone, as they are just an indicator, not a sure set test iykwim?

Chart your temps and your CM along with the opk's.

Have you read my ttc diary? It has some photos and info on my current cycle you may like to read?

Basically though, when you get a postitive (that is two lines equal in colour or the test line darker than the control line) is an INDICATION you are going to ovulate anywhere up to 48 hrs. Use the other methods and you can get a good pin point on when you really do ovulate.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

(mum2be)  (09-02-2011),MummyLip  (10-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I agree it's an indication I use digital ones to tale the guess work out with the coloured lines! They're a good tool just gor conceiving full stop! R u trying for girl or boy?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lilbird For This Useful Post:

MummyLip  (10-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by (mum2be) View Post
    Hi guys!

I hope you don't mind me popping in. I've been following this post for awhile & need some questions answered please.

We have to beautiful boys & have decided to have one more bubs. We would both love to have a girl!! But of course happy with either. There will be no more babies after this one

I plan to DTD 2- 3 days before the big "O" but have just checked PH levels & are 7.2 alkaline!! What can i do to make it more acidic? Keep in mind i'm due to ovulate on the 13th this month!!! Any help would be great!!!

I just have to duck out but will be back to let you know how to lower your PH!! We were the same as you with 2 boys and wanted a girl!! We had our princess in 09 so i can pass on some info to you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to missred For This Useful Post:

(mum2be)  (09-02-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    where id your TTC diary?

Thanks
    Reviews
    also, how to do you check your PH level?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbird,you check your ph,by swiping your cervical mucus, and using ph strips,you can get these from ebay. It is often good to check your DH's sperm ph,as if it is very alkaline it can affect things as well. Lots of cranberry juice and capsules,can make you more acidic,also calcium and magnesium. Stop eating potassium,salty foods and lots of red meat. If you look up the 'ingender' website,you will find loads of info on gender swaying.
    HTH