ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 74 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora21 View Post
    Hi guys just wanted to report that we have our little BOY!!!
    we are just so over the moon, maybe there is something to this timing thing!
    our family is now complete. very happy.
    Good luck beautiful ladies with your trying to conceive journeys...xxx
    Congratulationsxo

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Book: 'Choosing the Sex of our baby'

Hi everyone,
    I've only just joined, and I haven't read through this whole thread, (sorry if I'm repeating stuff you already know) but I recently read this book about the Shettles method. Got it on ebay.
    Should read 'Choosing the Sex of YOUR Baby'
    The book explains (obviously) how to 'choose'- not alot on diet, more about timing (3-days before) and measuring mucus and body temperature.
    It seems fairly straightforward (need to plan meticulously though) and claimed to be 70%-80% accurate.

Hope this helps, good luck to you all- I hope to understand all the acronyms one day
    Last edited by Mela; 01-04-2010 at 19:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyCrazy View Post
    u can get preseed online, try lullaby conceptions or ebay (sometimes ebay has deals for hpts, opks and preseed).

Check out this website, it lists all the chemists/pharmacies in australia that stock it.

http://www.preseed.com.au/pharmacystockists.html

hope this helps!

Thank you!! Do you know if it favours boy or girl swimmers?? I get no EYCM so figure if I want to get pink next time, I'll need some help from some sticky stuff to let the spermies live a long time in me. We are pregnant with a boy at the moment, due in 5 weeks today!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, I've never heard of gender swaying, DH and I are TTC and we would both love a little girl first but would be happy with anything of course, what are the tips for TTC a girl?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bella25 View Post
    Thank you!! Do you know if it favours boy or girl swimmers??
    Hi bella25,

I believe that Preseed is thought to favour boy swimmers, because boy swimmers thrive in an EWCM environment (and Preseed mimics EWCM). But I'm sure there will always be plenty of people who fall pregnant with girls using it too.

For the record, we used to while we were TTC our 2nd and fell PG with a boy first time we tried.

I think if you're trying for a girl, its recommended that you try to dry up your CM as much as possible - obviously this makes it harder to get pregnant, but it does increase the chances of it being a girl if you do get a BFP.

Hope that helps!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Shettles Method- How to choose the sex of your baby

Hi all,
    sorry but I got the name of the book wrong, it is:

'How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby: The Method Best Supported by Scientific Evidence'
    David M. Rorvik, Landrum B. Shettles

I found it really easy to read and understand, and no I'm not selling the book! We're just about to start putting it into action

a blurb about the book:
    Description

"For almost forty years, "How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby" has been the standard reference for couples trying to increase their chances of having the son or daughter they hope for. In this new edition of their classic book, Dr. Shettles and David Rorvik provide authoritative scientific studies and compelling anecdotal evidence demonstrating that the Shettles method continues to produce results unmatched by any other method. Dozens of testimonials confirm its ease of use and rate of success.

How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby" explains the simple, at-home, noninvasive Shettles method and presents detailed steps to take to conceive a child of a specific gender. The properly applied Shettles method gives couples a 75 percent or better chance of having a child of the desired sex. Some researchers have reported success rates of up to 90 percent!"

Hope it helps
    Last edited by Mela; 14-04-2010 at 14:03. Reason: added info

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Just wondering if I can beg some advice from the ttc'ers in this thread...

We are trying for a girl, and without being very well informed but having some basic knowledge, I understand that we should try approx 2 days before O, but not right on O (this is soooo confusing because I'm never sure when I've O'd )

My question is...if we DTD on Tuesday night and I think I will O this Sunday, should we try again no later than say Friday and then stop until Monday?

I will have to read back through this thread but would appreciate any advice.
    Thanks heaps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mela, thanks for this, there are a few going on ebay atm so I will buy one for next cycle just in case
    Quote Originally Posted by Mela View Post
    Hi all,
    sorry but I got the name of the book wrong, it is:

'How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby: The Method Best Supported by Scientific Evidence'
    David M. Rorvik, Landrum B. Shettles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    Can I join all you ttcers? We are starting this month ttc number 2 we have a DS but I would love a little princess this time and if we can do anything to help that then we'll give it a go.
    Has anyone else used a maybe baby to track their cycles? Just wondering what success they have in showing when you o.
    I've had a bit of a look through earlier posts in this thread and seen a little bit about diet, is the diet just for the girls or should my DH change is diet to help us get our little princess?
    Looking forward to chatting with you all some more.
    Kristy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told by an Obstetrican that if you have a 28 day cycle you have sex on day 12 and day 14 and you will get a boy.

DH and I tried it and it worked and so did 2 other girlfriends.

I have also heard if you have sex when you are ovulating you will get a boy but if you have sex before you ovulate you will get a girl.

We are ttc #3 atm and I would love another little boy but I really don't mind

Good luck to everyone