+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What time of day did you choose for first birthday party?

HI there
    I am pretty much organised for DS birthday in August but havnt sent invites out yet as i can't decide on best time of day to host it!! His naps are all over the place at the moment so i cant plan to do it around naps. I just wondered what time you chose for your D birthday party and how it went?
    We are now thinking maybe a champagne brekkie from 8.30-10ish but undecided still!!

Ideas appreciated

Lisa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had 2 parties on DS b'day. The family one was done first for lunch/afternoon tea then we had all our friends over for drinks at night. It was a very long day for all!!!! When DS was 1 he slept morning & afternoon too.

drewid is offline Meet the amazing boy who falls asleep with a sandwich in his mouth!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I chose mid/late afternoon for ours. Andrew had a few naps in the morning and was quite chipper in the afternoon. With the added bonus that if he was completely zonked after the party, we could just give him a bath and put him straight to bed for the night, albeit a bit earlier than normal.

All went well, even though Andrew had the flu. He actually had a little nap in the middle of the party, which worked out well, it gave all the grown ups the opportunity to eat uninterrupted for a little while! Then we had the cake when he woke up. All was good!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi!

I just had my boys first birthday and naming ceremony. We had the ceremony at one as jake has a morning sleep. He was in a good mood as he had not long gotten up and he had some morning tea beforehand, than after the ceremony which lasted around an hour so he was tired again from all the attention and fell asleep on the car ride home so he had a little nap whist i laid out lunch and actually got to sit down and eat. Once he was up, he had some lunch and cake and than had lots of energy to enjoy the afternoon outside.

Cheers Mel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We did a breakfast party too, as this is when mine were at their best. A champagne brekkie sounds like a great idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are starting DS birthday at about 11am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We started Summers birthday at 11.30am

A Party of Five is offline Winner 2008 � Most Boring Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I find about 1.00 is a good time, we have a early nap.