+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Completely new

Hi there, Well I'm not new to being a mum I have two girls Stella 3 and Isabel 5 months but I am new to Australia. Myself and husband have just immigrated here from Dublin, Ireland. We are currently living in the eastern suburbs of Sydney and i would love to meet up with other mums in the area. I'm also a bit confused about the developmental monitoring for babies in Australia. In Ireland there are check-ups at 3 months, 9 months etc. Is it the same here and if so where do I go to register Isabel for these check-ups? thanks to anyone who can help

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby Check-Ups

Hi Erica,

There should be an Early Childhood Health Centre in your suburb or surrounding area - look under Early Childhood Health or Community Health Centre in the phone book. The standard check-ups are at birth, 1-4wks, 6-8wks, 4mths, 6-8mths, 12mths, 18mths, 2.5-3.5yrs and 4-5yrs. Most centres are drop in and you're not confined to just the standard check-ups - go whenever you feel you need to.

Kim (27)
    DH (28)
    Madeline 03.11.02
    Michael 10.04.04

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Erica

Welcome to Australia and welcome to Bub Hub. My name is Sarah, I'm 25 and have a 1 year old son, Jakob. Look forward to getting to know you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Erica,

My name is Gemma and bub is Grace 14mths. What part of Dublin are you from? My parents and I emmigrated from Dublin in 1983 (so I was just 31/2). I hope you enjoy Australia, its a lovely place to live and such a diverse country, both cuturally and environmentally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default enjoy

Hi Erica,
    Welcome to bubhub. I'm Karena mother to Harry 6 months. I hope you enjoy us here on the forum and Australia. You will meet lots of experienced mums on this site so feel free to post. Enjoy.