• Sydney

13 16.46%
  • Brisbane

14 17.72%
  • Adelaide

6 7.59%
  • Perth

3 3.80%
  • Darwin and the Northern Territory (just cause I know not many people live out of Darwin that are on here)

0 0%
  • TAS

4 5.06%
  • VIC

2 2.53%
  • NSW

5 6.33%
  • QLD

16 20.25%
  • SA

2 2.53%
  • WA

0 0%
  • somewhere else? please do tell

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Adelaide. Its OK. Its a good place to bring up kids. I dont love it but my family is here. Good things about Adelaide are that its relatively affordable to buy property and general living (although some things are actually more expensive here and our wages are slightly lower). Its relatively safe and quiet here. It has most things a big city has and nice beaches. Down sides to Adelaide are that we dont have many industries here for a city, people end up going to the eastern states to get work and it ends up with Adelaide having a retirement villiage feel. Also for the size that we are (same as Perth or Brissie) we dont have many shops and we miss out on things like concerts and touring comedians etc.
    I have lived in a lot of places around australia. I LOVE Sydney and Perth, I like Brissie, Melbourne is just too cold for me

Bulbasaur is offline Life is to short to live without icecream
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Where do you live? Is it a good place to live?

I live In Brissy bay north side. 2 min walk from the beach (not mud) I love this area! I use to live in perty, I miss it so much! If I could ild move back there. But it's so exspensive compared to here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Country WA. Fishing, camping, boating is a huge part of our lifestyle. We live in a moderate small town where the people are awesome. Our kids are outdoors a lot which to us is important, they climb trees, play in Pindan and have lots of fun exploring the awesome outdoors which is our backyard. There is not much crime here at all ( can leave your house unlocked, windows open) School, shops, work are all within walking distance so no rushing and hectic traffic. Oh and it's always hot, all year round!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I live in Launceston Tasmania. I love it, it has a big country town feel to it, decent services hospital etc. Only an hour by plane to Melbourne when I need a theatre/concert fix. Great beaches not to far away etc I could go on and on. I've lived in Melbourne but laid back tassie is where I was born and want to raise my kids

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Where do you live? Is it a good place to live?

I live in outer suburb of melbourne. Its cheap compared to Canberra where we were (which is really expensive). people are generally friendly and I don't find it pretentious or snobby. You can go out in your best dress or in your trackies and no one cares either way. Love that Dr's bulk bill and everything we need is in our suburb. parks seem to be every couple of blocks in our suburb. City is 45mins by train and has heaps to do.beach/bay is about an hour away and snow is about 1.5. Lots of family things that can easily be done in a day trip. it doesn't get as cold as Canberra or the horrid frosts but I miss the sun. It always seems to be cloudy or rainy here. We have only been here 6months and I don't think that's long enough to form an opinion on of we will stay here forever, especially since we haven't really made any friends yet, but for the next couple of years at least.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sydney's North Shore (abt few mins from Taronga Zoo) (although we are currently in Manhattan :ha ha:

We love our Sydney, not far from CBD and yet quiet and green plus great neighbourhood. And whenever we live O/S it'll only takes few days getting great tenants to rent out our place lol.
    Last edited by ThomasMum; 28-10-2012 at 23:07.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Where do you live? Is it a good place to live?

North brisbane...best place in aus.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I live in country SA. I live in a small town which is beautiful but lacking too. I am content here.....comfortable. However i have never lived anywhere else. I would love to pack up and move to another state but I'm too scared...