+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default I feel like a first timer!

Ohhh geez was I breezy about pregnancy before!

Since I'm new, I'll give my full baby history here (tried to cut down a bit on it in intro and other forums). Oh and just for ease of explanation, my husband now is the father of all of my children, and we married when our son was 10 months old, pretty much as soon as it was legal for me to do it! 18 years, 3 months. In 2000.

Age 16, found out I was pregnant after being in denial for a month and telling myself that it must be common to miss at least one period in adolescence... lol. When the second one didn't appear, I did the test (in a public toilet in a shopping centre!) and it was positive, so 7 or so months later, I found myself with a little boy He was dated back a further 3 weeks from u/s and then was 10 days late, hence the 'or so', lol. He was an emergency c-section delivery after 8 hours of induced labour at 8lb 4oz (3740g I think). He's 10 now.

12 months later (to the day, lol) we decided to try for another since he'd hit one, and was getting a bit 'only child bratty'. Anyway I had come off the pill, and first month of trying (!! I know) a week late and a very faint positive on a test. I went to doc, who got a negative, had a very painful blood test and the numbers were 2-3 weeks apparently. Anyway that pregnancy resulted in my now 8 year old daughter. She was born via planned c-section after looking at risks from the last labour, and their suspected failure to thrive diagnosis (which was wrong, she's just small - there is Chinese in hubby's family and some little people like his mum). She was 5lb 8oz (2480g I think, or 60...).

So, we decided 5 years ago to try for another. Things have happened on and off to stop and start that, and then we thought hmm, and 3 months ago I went off the pill and we decided to try again. Each month my cycles were getting longer and longer - on the pill they were 30 days. Off the pill it went 33, then 36 days, and so I started taking some hormone balancing vitamins for this last month to see if that would help.

Helped my skin a ton

Anyway, this month I really forgot about it and just had fun, didn't track my cycle, recorded when we were 'trying' but that was it, and then on the weekend, I realised that it must be time or thereabouts. So I got prepared and had whatever I needed, I checked and yep we were bang on 30 days. So I thought oh I'll do a test now just to get it out of the way... I have one in the cupboard...

So I get a faint positive. I buy another test to do Sunday morning, just to check, and I got one of those from 5 days before due ones, and that second line appeared immediately!!

So, here I am And just looking at everything I'm like all overwhelmed! I'm 27 now and wondering what it'll be like not to have people going 'oh you're just a baby' to me all the time, lol.

I don't feel particularly pregnant yet, but my tummy is fragile (I think this is psychological, I'd just like to say), my sleeping is all over the shop, and as much as I know it is impossible I swear to god I can feel flutters in my uterus, lol.

So, that's us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can I also just ask - big TMI warning here, but in early pregnancy, with the increased discharge if you had it, did it set anyone else on a paranoia attack every time you went to the bathroom? I keep worrying about what I'll find because of feeling it! It seems silly that I have these concerns right now, I've done this before I should know what I'm getting myself into and what to expect!

Anyway... also having bowel issues and the result means any bowel related cramping or pressure is freaking me out too.

I am 100% finding that every pregnancy creates higher paranoia levels for me!!