+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default work from home idea - what do you think?

Hi All

Im thinking of starting a new business from home that I would like some input/ feedback on!

The basic idea is letters to your child from a fairy or santas helper etc. These will be handwritten, scrapbooked and decorated beautifully. They will also be hand written and individually tailored to your child.

The idea is you sign up, and your child will recieve in the mail a fantastic Original one of a kind letter of your choice from Santa, the easter bunny, the birthday fairy or Elf and the tooth fairy.

each letter can be purchased as a one off or in a yearly set (from the time of purchase). I havent worked out prices yet. ie Santa, easter bunny, birthday and toothfairy 'vouchers'

Each letter will be hand written and decorated according to the theme or topic and eventually I will add home made cards and fairy costumes etcetc. Othere ideas could include a special letter for a sick child, hospital visit etc

Parents will need to fill in a questionnaire about the child recieving the letter......

Sooooo what do you think????? i would love some feed back please.

Thanks, Kerrie

Thanks
    Reviews
    bump any feedback at all? Positive or negative

Whispers is offline Ocupation: Mother of 3, yes it's job, one of the hardest and one of the greatest.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    About 3 months ago I was looking into doing this.

It is a fantastic idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think its a lovely idea, i just wouldn't personally have the money to pay for such a thing tho i am sure there are plenty out there who would. GOOD LUCK

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think it is a great idea.
    Personally i wouldn't use it myself as if i were going to give my child a letter from Santa etc i would just make it myself - due to limited cash flow - however i imagine many would love the concept and sign up.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too think this is a great idea. I think the price would be the only deciding factor as to whether I would use it or not - if it wasn't TOO expensive I'd be all over it in a flash! (please let me know if you do decide to do this as I will definitely be a customer)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like a good idea, I wish you luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou so much for the feedback i really appreciate it! Initially Im working on some xmas letters for my friends children and get some feedback from there and then go for it. Im crossing my fingers and toes

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too think it's a great idea

Good luck with it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    TBH I doubt there'd be too much profit to be made from such a thing. Hand made things take time & therefore you'd have to put a decent price on them which would ultimately narrow your market significantly.

To get your product into the right market could be quite costly too. I presume a website would be involved too & that's not cheap to run, particularly when payments are concerned. I had a friend who recently closed a business & I could not believe how much their basic website was costing them to maintain.

Best of luck with it all though.