ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default how exactly does CCB work for 2 children?

Hi everyone
    i currently have one child in daycare 2 days a week, while i stay at home, BUT
    as of next week i will have both in care 3 days a week when i return to work.
    I have received my new percentage for each child, first child is 24.16% and 2nd child 36.65%.
    How do you calculate how much you receive off the fees, and does anyone know why they do 2 different percentages for both children?
    thanks
    tracy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be interested to know about this too. I currently have one in childcare, with a second starting next year.

Two percentages?? I thought you just got one new percentage rate applied to both children, well that's what the Family Assistance online computer generated estimator gave me anyway when I was trying to get an idea on what it might cost me.

Your childcare centre should be able to tell you what your new fees are likely to be based on your percentage rate even if your child hasn't started yet as I think it's pretty tricky trying to figure out the gap yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you tell your centre your %'s, they'll be able to tell you your fees. No one can work it out as centres run on different pay structures. So someone else who has the same % as you may actually pay a different amount at a different centre.

Not sure why the 2nd one is higher, but mine always was too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeh i wonder this too. I did the online calculator too and it gave me one % rate not 2???

Might give them a ring later today and ask if i can ever get through, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If both of your children are in the same type of care, in the same week, you will receive the higher % for both of the children. The best way to see what you will pay is to ring up the centre and give them your higher 5 to work it out on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for the info.
    I have spoke to centrelink and got my actual percentages, the guy i spoke to first give me the wrong percentages, GOD WHY ARE THEY SO DUMBBBB.
    when i changed my income limit and got the new percentage, i was shocked how low, so i rang again, and the computer one was correct, and the guy had got it worng, grrrrrrr.
    Anyway i spoke to the family daycare woman who will be having my youngest, she give me the formula how they work it out, dunno if all centres and family day care do the same, but here it follows.

3.60 x 1.333333333 x (number of hours in care) x CCB percentage

Hope that helps anyone whose confused by it all, AND if they going to a centre who charge for the full hours even if you dont use that many, you still get that many hours.

also as for the percentage, when you look online they give you one percentage, but with 2 children the percentage is divided by 2, i still dont know why i get one percentage higher than the other, i guess it doesnt really matter thou

after just rereadin my online centrelink statement, it says i get 15% for one child and 28% for 2 children, so im guessin they get that percentage each ?

tracy xxxxx
    Last edited by tracynben; 21-10-2009 at 17:26.