ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    NOT WORTH IT

Please look at an ergo, much better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a mei tai (similar to an ergo) and love being able to carry my 2 year old. I don't think I ever thought I would, but for those times I'm in the supermarket I can race around and get want I need without any hassle.

I reckon you'll get better use out of a mei tai, ergo or something similar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got our Baby Bjorn second hand off Ebay for only $20, and we quite like it. I'm quite big and DD is quite small and it suits us quite well. I do agree with some of the PPs that bubs are sort of 'dangling' by the crotch, but I always put a hand underneath her bum (mainly for my own peace of mind) and she loves being in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't like the baby bjorn. I too found the Ergo Carrier far better for baby, and lasts well into toddlerhood. For the absolute newborn, I had a hug-a-bub which was divine for the closeness, ability to have baby lying down, breastfeeding and sleeping with good head support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a Baby Bjorn Active and loved it with both of my children! It had wonderful back support and gave me the ability to carry my babies with me instead of getting the pram out. With my DD i carried her until she was 12 months old. DS on the other hand was a big boy at 10.5kg at 6 months so I stopped using it then.

I found it invaluable and have recommended it to all my friends. I bought a sling but only used it a few times before giving it away as it killed my back. I also bought an Ergo and hated it...

I think with things like this you need to give a try before buying it as different things suit different people!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Baby Bjorns are crud compared to other carriers. I have an Ergo and a Pikkolo - they are brilliant and can easily carry my 2.5yo (he thinks its pretty cool to be Daddy's backpack lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a baby bjorn active and love it! I'll use it when I don't want bub to have a sleep in the pram at the shops which is pretty regularly. I lashed out and bought the active carrier - as i have horrible back and neck problems. And this hasn't been an issue as this carrier has pretty good support (even my chiro saw it and has been recommending it to new mums!). DS is currently about 8kg and we're still using it. I think the Active looks a bit more comfy than the base model but haven't tried that one so can't reeeeallly compare We tried a sling and I was always in pain so that didn't work for us.

However, if we could do the carrier purchase again, I would have done a bit more research and looked into the Ergo carriers as well, just for the longevity of use.

If you know of someone who has one you can try out, I'd do that as it is quite a bit of money to spend... and even on ebay the active carriers seem to go for $100 or more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I absolutely love mine. Best of all I bought it on ebay for $55...perfect condition and I've used it for 2 babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was given one of the 'active' ones and it was ok... I didn't really like it for all the reasons mentioned above. Bubs should really be held with their legs in a 'froggy' position, not hanging down like with the BB. I'd recommend looking at something with a waist strap (Ergo, Mei Tai, Yamo, Hug a Bub... you can even make your own hug a bub-style wrap for ~$5 worth of material), so that as bubs gets heavier their weight is distributed into your legs iykwim, with a BB all that weight goes onto your shoulders and upper back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    are they worth it?????
    Not for us, we ended up also buying a Ergo.