+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think any sling/carrier is worth it! I had both a baby bjorn and a sling. I used the sling more as it seemed a lot more comfortable and snug for my babies. My kids woould go to sleep in it as soon as I put them in it. The baby bjorn is very easy to get bub in and out of so don't worry about that.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I didn't like my baby bjorn. I felt like I was going to topple forward and I was concerned that it seemed rather uncomfy for a baby (I wouldn't like to be held like that). My recommendation would be to investigate a sling for newborns/small babies and then an ergo for when they get a bit older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think a sling/carrier of some sort is a great idea. As to which type that's up to you.

I had a Baby Bjorn Active and used it every day with DS. I found it super comfy and he loved it. While I was pregnant with DD I also purchased a Sleepy Wrap and a ring sling but the only one that DD likes being in is the Baby Bjorn so I'm going to sell the other two. DD hates the pram so I use the Baby Bjorn even more with her than I did with DS - at least once every day and not just when I'm out - I find it can be a great way to get jobs done if she doesn't want to be put down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had both a baby bjorn and a sling for all 3 kidlets and they've all preferred the baby bjorn. I often wonder if its more comfy for refluxing babies cos it doesnt bend them in the middle?? Anyways, I dont leave home without it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had any success with slings - I've tried a few brands and I wanted desperately for them to work - but I think it may just be me (perhaps I'm somehow sling-challenged?)

I don't mind the Baby Bjorn for when they're very little but haven't found it comfortable once bub gets over 3 months.

I love my Ergo, it's fantastic - but don't love it for the newborn stage!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The Baby Bjorn hurt my back and shoulders like nothing else- they burned. They dont distribute the weight properly.

Have a look at the Hug-A-Bubs for the little stage then a look at the Ergo (I have an Ergo and I can STILL carry my 4 yr old and 2 .5yr olds in it for hiking up mountains and hills!!). The Ergo is a 3 way carrier and you can use it on front side and back and all the weight is distributed to your hips so you dont notice and huge strain on your shoulders or back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've used a Baby Bjorn and they are TERRIBLE! They are SO uncomfortable- I had a heavy baby, by the time she was 2 months old I could not carry her in it. They pull horribly on your shoulders and just feel wrong.
    As said earlier, they are bad for the baby's spine and hips because all the weight is put on the spine. They are also impossible to breast feed in (well I couldn't anyway).
    I then switched to an Ergo baby carrier and I can't believe I put up with the stupid BB for so long. Ergos are amazingly comfortable and as said by Seekrit, cost about the same (actually cheaper than the top of the range BB) but last for years. You can carry a toddler on your back when they grow out of on the front.
    They are just as easy to put on but I'm telling you, the difference between the two is remarkable- there is no competition!
    When I couldn't carry my 6 week old for more than 10 mins without agony in the shoulders, I now can carry my 12kg 13 month old for a 6 km walk with ease and comfort.
    You need an additional infant insert if bubs is less than 4 months old, looks so cosy and comfortable.
    All the weight is distributed evenly over the baby's legs, making it MUCH safer and more comfortable for them.
    I see all these new parents in baby shops getting a BB and I think "Nooooo, don't waste your money!!"
    For serious baby carrying, or any at all it's got to be an Ergo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like mine.
    I am quite small and my bub is not heavy so it never hurt my back but I never used it for a long time at once so it still looks brand new.
    I bought a sling while pregnant but bub hated it - would start screaming as soon as I put her in it so I had to retun it
    I took her to the shop to try Baby Bjorn and she loved it! She always slept in it
    But I still prefer my pram for long walks.
    But in gerenal I like it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekrit View Post

Besides - who carries their 3 year old around in their baby bjorn?
    no idea but i know my 4 year old loves the ergo when DP lets her in it
    its a piggy back ride with out the effort

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SorenLorensen View Post
    no idea but i know my 4 year old loves the ergo when DP lets her in it
    its a piggy back ride with out the effort
    Hubster and I went on a long walk from his work into south bank - with Cobey on his back the whole way!