ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Work cover

Where do i get the forms from to apply for work cover? I pulled my back at work and saw teh physio today..... I have two buldging discs in the curve of my spine. Work is being difficult and i was wondering if i can get the forms anywhere other than through them. TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    as far as I know (being on the safety comittee at work..) you can only get the forms from your work place if it was an injury through work.. maybe try speaking to someon else on your safety comittee for the forms?

Thanks
    Reviews

Generally every worker is insured under workers compensation policy when employed by their employer and therefore when one brings a claim under the workers compensation scheme, the workers compensation insurance must pay (1) treatment expenses; (2) pain and suffering compensation and (3) weekly payments (if the employee has been permanently incapacitated).

In the event if your pain and suffering is measured to be greater than 15% degree of whole person impairment (determined by w/c assessor) AND your employer has been proven to be negligent causing you to sustain such injuries then you would be entitled to work injury damages claim. The value of the work injury damages claim can be huge therefore some employers might pressure the injured worker to voluntarily leave work and in effect their entitlements might be voluntarily ended.

My friend’s advice to you is

(1) Speak to your doctor to see if your injuries are severe in terms of degree of whole person impairment (the measurement is based on some American Medical Guidelines!!!!)
    (2) Speak to a PI lawyer to see if your employer might be held negligent causing you to sustain injuries
    (3) Do not quit your job unless the employer terminate you.

Basically, your employer will be notified of your claim regardless where you obtain and lodged your forms from.

The above information might be technical and is probably best explained by a PI lawyer. Most reputable PI law firms normally offer the first consultation free. I hope the above information is relevant and helpful.

Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've had one bulging disc...I can't imagine having two...you poor thing! I've been in agony! And you have to work with that???

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband works for WorkCover Queensland.

He said if you're in Queensland you can fill out the forms online or just do it over the phone....

http://www.workcoverqld.com.au/worker/Workerhome.html

If you're in any other state, you'll have to find out who your employer's insurer is because Workcover will only be the authority. You'll have to contact that insurer to find out how to make a claim.

Good luck, hope you're feeling better soon. And feel free to ask anything else, DH has been in the job for like 100 years in NSW and Qld. We have a few Personal Injury Lawyer friends too.
    Last edited by jinxy; 17-10-2009 at 13:29.