+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'd seek a second opinion hun. My DS2 was 4110g and birthed naturally, there was never even mention of needing to be induced (expect when we went over due and it still never happened) or needing a c/section.

P.S my next ultrasound is booked in for the 4th November my ob said after this one he will make a decision
    It is not his decision to make either, it is yours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi hun!!!

i had an emergency csection!! i started to go into labour but one of my babies heart rate decreased dramtically and i was only 2cm dialted so i was rushed in for a csectrion... haveing twins i knew it was on the cards but i was too freaked out about it! i had the same fears as you but hun i had a great csection expereince...

Both my babies were born healthy and my recovery was very quick!!! i cant say anything bad about my experience as there wasnt one and yes i wanted a natural birth but didnt end up that way but at the end of the day if its best for you and your baby there is no reason to be scared!!

hun

Fuchsia! is offline Winner 2009 - Best Signature
    Winner 2010- The Best Signature Award
    Shmoooooooosh! AKA jaxcoop
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stellarella View Post
    OMG your post makes me want to cry!!!

Please please please do not let your OB induce you or perform a c/sec.

I'm a bit dumbfounded right now so I can't even string a sentence together.

Perhaps you should drop your OB now. Good grief I can;t believe this is being discussed with you. It's so absurd.
    i agree, I would really urge you to get a 2nd or even 3rd opinion. That is no reason for a C/S.

A bub born at 37 weeks is even risky, i can't believe he has even suggested a C/S

My Ob told my with my 1st that i might need a C/S cause my baby looked to be a whopper, low and behold my DS was born vaginally a healthy 8 pound baby, the OB said it would be at aleast a 10 pounder

He said the same with my next DS again he was only 8pound.

There is no way to accurately tell how big a baby is using an ultrasound, and there is no way to tell if the baby is to big to push out until you are actually pushing.

It is extremely rare for a womans body to make a baby that is too big for you to push out.

Please see someone else, your OB doesn't sound to good and sounds like he is slice happy.

With all that aside, if you do need to have a C/S there are things you can do to ensure that the C/S runs smoothly and you have the best chance of building up a bond and a breastfeeding relationship.

make sure you have a birth plan, these are really important, especially for C/S's.

the best chance of fighting off PND (because C/S can raise your chance of PND) is to make sure you have skin to skin contact straight away.

Also with Breastfeeding, try and breastfeed straight away, cause again, C/S's can really mess with breastfeeding.

There are heaps of other things you can do to make it more comfortable.

But seriously, a C/S has a long hard recovery, its very painful and it can cause a lot of problems emotionally and physically. I would really recommend you get another opinion and have a C/S at your absolute last option.

My C/S wasn't to traumatic, i was scared and anxious, but thats to be expected.

Good luck!

Oh and just a reminder that its YOUR birth and YOU make the decisions, no one else. make sure you stand up for what you want and don't let anyone force anything on you that you don't want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree on 2 levels that you should be allowed to try and give birth woman have sucessfully pushed out 10lb babies.

On other hand i have had 3 c-sec and have not found any of them to be that bad, recovery i just needed panadol u just need to realise your limits thats all.

Good Luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't comment on the c-section as I didn't have one but my friend was told that her baby was measuring huge and as such ordered an ultrasound.

The ultrasound showed a very average size baby somewhere between 6 and 7lbs. She just had her baby and he turned out to be 6lb 11ozs - no where near a huge baby.

I think you need to do some follow up work rather than agreeing to a c-section at 37 weeks but you have to do what you feel comfortable with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First of all thankyou for all your replies... I just had to post something as I am feeling so anxious about this birth.
    When I first told my mum what he said she was mad and said it was too early to tell and that he was scaring me unnecessarily.

I really don't know what to do...I'm paying this guy thousands, he came recommended, was very hard to get in to but how can you tell that far out? I have looked up charts ad my baby seems average size and weight.

Hubby keeps telling me not to stress as it might not go ahead yet but I seriously don't know how to feel, think or act. As if being pregnant isn't hard enough!!!

Fuchsia! is offline Winner 2009 - Best Signature
    Winner 2010- The Best Signature Award
    Shmoooooooosh! AKA jaxcoop
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I really think you need to get rid of him and find a new one that supports vaginal births.

You can't put a price on your health or the babies, and you can't put a price on your emotionals.

If a C/S is not something you want, and you later find out that it was un-necessary, a lot of greif can come of that and its a really hard place to be in.

you still have a bit of time to think things through, but i would seriously see another OB or you don't even need one, if you are healthy and bubs is healthy, there really isn't any need for an OB. OBs are surgeons.

have you considered getting a Doula? Do you have prenatal care at your local public hospital?

Thanks
    Reviews
    37 weeks?! That's not even term
    From what I have read, ultrasound dating is extremely inaccurate and have heard anecdotally of so many women who have had small babies after being told they would be big.
    Of course, it is impossible to predict how your labour will turn out but it is important to be positive and confident with the care you are getting and to also feel positive within yourself.
    I have had 2 very emergency c-sect and have been fine physically afterwards.
    I wish you the best and remember that it is your decision. A great book to read is "Birth right" By Susan Ross.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAnne View Post
    37 weeks?! That's not even term
    Technically it is. Anything after 36+6 is term.

37 weeks is no where near as good as 38 or 39+.

I had an emergency c-section at 28 weeks & was booked in for 33-34 weeks.

A section is not as bad as some people make it out to be.
    Mine was the best thing i could have done, we all come home healthy , i was up 14 hours later & walked to NICU & between my kids beds. I was determined to move & not sit in bed feeling sorry for myself like someone across the hall from me. Just need to know your own limits.

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztik View Post
    I'd seek a second opinion hun. My DS2 was 4110g and birthed naturally, there was never even mention of needing to be induced (expect when we went over due and it still never happened) or needing a c/section.

It is not his decision to make either, it is yours.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. It is your decision. Dump the ob. Don't forget they get paid more for each intervention they perform.

I would be going to the nearest public hospital and seeing the midwives. I have had ob based care and next time will go public. Just as good and less interventions that are carried out to suit them.