ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesby05 View Post
    I really do think it also depends on where you live.

It will cost you twice as much to live in Sydney then Newcastle & twice as much to live in Newcastle than Melbourne. Mackey is twice the price of Perth. You can blame the mines foe that one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I lived in Sydney I would spend anywhere between $100-$200 on groceries and wipes,nappies and formula.
    Now living in Melbourne I spend $100 all up. The prices are totally different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We are a family of seven, I always budget myself $150 for the fortnights grocery shopping. That included fruit and veg but i always buy meat in bulk so once every 2 months i put $100 aside for meat and stock up at our local Asian grocery and it fills up my freezer.
    I buy nappies and wipes fortnightly as we've been lazy on using cloth since i started back at work. i spend $100 p/f on those.
    Last edited by BlessedWithBlue; 14-10-2009 at 18:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Myself, DH, DD 3 and DD 20 months - usually around $300 I would say. Sometimes more, sometimes less. We don't eat much processed or packaged food so that is the cost of eating well I guess! Oh and I forgot to add that we are in Sydney.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlessedWithBlue View Post
    We are a family of seven, I always budget myself $150 for the fortnights grocery shopping. That included fruit and veg but i always buy meat in bulk so once every 2 months i put $100 aside for meat and stock up at our local Asian grocery and it fills up my freezer.
    I buy nappies and wipes fortnightly as we've been lazy on using cloth since i started back at work. i spend $100 p/f on those.
    Oh wow well done!! Sounds like a good budget shop there

Thanks
    Reviews
    our bill fluctuates between $150 to $200 a week, plus every couple of weeks another $30 or $40 on fruit and veg from the local farmer's market. Hopefully it will start coming down now we dont need to be buying nappies anymore. We have a big dog and a cat, their food tends to be the most expensive thing on the list (after nappies).

I always do a plan of what we're eating for the week and we do a list of what we need to get based on that and dont deviate too much from that. Also buy a lot of Coles own brand stuff as it saves heaps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlessedWithBlue View Post

Thats almost what I spend a fortnight for 3 of us!!

Can I ask you to be specific in what you have eaten this week. Like what have you had for dinner every day - what do you eat for breakfast/lunch and what do the kids snack on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    something like $120 ft night at aldis...that includes 12 bottles of soft drnk..dp is obsessed with it... food for 2 dogs and 1 kitty bikkies,chocolates snacks ect.

then we get meat for $30 lasts us the ft night we get kilo of chicken breast,2 kilo mince,kilo bacon,3 kilo sasuages and 18 rissoles.

then i buy nappies at big W a box for $33 i got them last time, 1 tin of formula a week is $14 baby wipes vary.

and then there is horsey foods... maybe $60 ft night to feed 1 thoroughbred and two german shepard sized ponys lol.
    thats cause we have grass atm once that dies out it will be $60 a week

and thats our grocery bill a ft night

Thanks
    Reviews
    We live in a fairly remote part of WA....on a recent trip to the local supermarket for 2L milk and bread a $10 note wasn't enough!! On a recent holiday to PErth I couldn't believe how cheap my food shopping was....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleTime View Post

It will cost you twice as much to live in Sydney then Newcastle & twice as much to live in Newcastle than Melbourne. Mackey is twice the price of Perth. You can blame the mines foe that one
    Yep - that's what done it for us, too. The mining boom.

It's brought a lot of money into this state and made a lot of people rich, but it's also really greatened the divide between rich and poor here, too.

I should have added that I was talking about capital cities in my earlier post. Rural / country areas are always going to be really, really expensive, no matter where you are.