+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well I weighed myself this morning and while my tummy is a bit rounded and my bb's are bigger I haven't put on any weight at all. In fact I weigh less today than I did before I started IVF I have started craving high calorie foods, things I have never liked before I suddenly want, maybe it's my body's way of saying the baby needs more fat reserves to feed off Although my MIL made me feel bad when I told her the last two weeks I've been craving potato chips (plain) because they are bland so don't make me feel ill and because of the salt I presume. She gave me a big lecture about how the baby eats what I eat and I should eat more healthy food. Needless to say she never suffered m/s so she doesn't realise that when you feel like that you eat whatever your body will allow you eat just to make sure you keep something down that day. Still it was enough to make me feel like I wasn't doing the best thing for my child, this guilt starts early

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OMG NGU 3 That is so full on!!! How is your DH coping with the news! How are you today, now that you've had time to digest this information!! Very exciting. You will have to take it so easy. Congratulations!! What wonderful news!!

Nikki - pfft to your MIL. You wouldn't be the first to like plain chips while suffering from MS. It can be so hard not to take on other people's advice at times. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Good work on the pram research ladies. I'll check out those links once I get the chance!

Have a great weekend girls!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nikki I agree with Angeleish - pffft

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a huge craving for scones with jam which was really bizarre as its normally not something I eat so I HAD to stop at a cafe for a tea and scones break... its was sooo good!

Hey does anyone have a bit of discomfort around the sides of your belly like a stretchy type of feeling? I'm wk 12 and have been getting it off and on for about 5-6 wks. Its not overly painful, I'm just curious if anyone feels the same

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat - I get similar. I think it is something stretching in there!! Congrats on making it to week 12!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat - congrats on the 12 weeks , angel is right they could be stretching pains, sounds pretty plausible. Glad you enjoyed your scones

JetGirl / Angel - you're right, my MIL should stop doling out the advice, I don't know why it bothers me so much. She thinks she is being helpful ...

I'm still suffering from m/s in the sense that I feel waves of nausea and have food aversions. Lately my appetite has been very limited again. I'll see what delights my body will allow me to eat tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls I slipped and fell heavily onto my side this evening. Hope to hell that can't damage the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JetGirl - You poor thing if you are in any pain go and see a doctor tomorrow and ask them to listen to the heartbeat but try not to worry too much. Bub is really well protected in cushioned little water chamber that absorbs a lot of shock, so even though you might be bruised bubs is probably still sucking their thumb oblivious to the fuss

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw thanks Nikki that's what I needed to hear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    aww jetgirl, you poor thing! that is one of my fears as my weekend job (in a food shop) does involve greasy floors and a bit of hurrying around and now my newish other job involves me spending time out in a huge warehouse. I am sure you are ok but. I am padded pretttty well so I reckon I would be OK lol- how did you fall? And yeah, like Nikki said, go to the doctors if u are going to worry about it.
    Nikki- I agree with the others- pfft to your MIL (no offense lol) as I have mentioned many times I am a bigger girl and I am trying to be good as my sister had gestational diabetes and I have lost a fair bit of weight in the last few years so I dont want it all back on again, but its soo hard!!! I am really good during the day, breakfast, lunch and snacks but I usually allow myself the stuff I crave for dinner, like chicken schnitzel, far out I have been having it like 2-3 times a week. DH is so over it, lol.
    Nat, I am not sure if my side cramps are the same, mine are quite low and on the side and I get them when I have a massive sneeze (that has been happening heaps, thanks hayfever) or when I stretch.

well girls.. its been a great day in melbourne today, sunny and just over 30 i think. I had the day off so I went shopping with dh then came home and lay in the sun and it was lovely. Lots of Vitamin D. Now its 9:43pm and in 15 mins or so I am leaving to go OUT!! My friends (most know I am UTD, they will by the end of the night I am sure lol) and I haven;t caught up for ages so I am meeting them for drinks but far out, I reckon I will last maybe an hour lol. Plus, I am reallllly bloated tonight and my tummy looks 6 months not almost 3 months lol. I can't wait to see bob on screen monday morning... a bit nervous..