+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    good idea Boo what colour did you get?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got black. But I noticed that you can get them in cotton aswell....

Thanks
    Reviews
    But the lace ones are so much prettier
    I'm torn, I want one in every colour LOL maybe I'll get one in buff now and see how it fits and then get the other colours hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    nikki - congrats on being 12 weeks!!

boo - that dress you bought is DIVINE! I love the boob tubes, what a great idea

AFM - I just got my results from the NT scan and I've been given a 1 in 1639 chance of downs. I am really happy and very relieved. I was starting to stress about it this morning but all is good again, phew!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat - Great results!! Its funny how we get ourselves so worked up over these scans! 'Normal' women just cruise on though the pregnancies!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nat - that's great news

JetGirl / Boo - if you have a sewing machine they would be fairly easy to make, you could make as many as you like then. I haven't had a machine in years, but I am thinking of getting one, I think it might be a good investment thinking ahead, baby stuff, fixing kids clothes creating costumes

Boo - you are right about normal women not getting as worked up. My sister said she was a bit nervous before each scan but not as knowledgable about what could go wrong. When I asked her about the NT scan her response was, "oh that one where they check some fluid or something behind the neck, yeah I had that, it was fine". I don't think she even knew at the time why she was doing it really. It's that type of ignorance that I intend to take into labour with me, apart from the basics I don't want to over think it because I think maybe knowing too much can cause more grief than necessary.

I'm still feeling nauseous today, had to go and lie down again only 20 min after breakfast because I thought I'd lose my breakfast. What annoys me more than the nausea though is this horrid taste in my mouth all the time, makes food taste yuk.
    Last edited by nikki08; 28-10-2009 at 12:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nikki your funny!! I still go to mum to get a button sewn on!!!

I hope your ms starts to ease soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not thinking about labour!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh girls you make me laugh.
    Nat, well done, that is an excellent result!!
    Nikki, you make a great point about the sewing machine, I prob should invest in one but I would need lessons to go with it hehe
    Boo, I'm the same, I'm totally terrified of labour and keep having panicky thoughts about me totally losing the plot!!! And why oh why did I google perineal massage, I ask myself. Am still traumatised from what I saw

AFM I just got back from my first prenatal yoga class. It was awesome. At the start we all had to sit in this relaxing pose and hold our bellies and share thoughts about how we were feeling. First I was like, oh no, but then once people started talking it felt SO SO GOOD. I was nearly in tears I was so relaxed hehehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    JetGirl - you've reminded me that I really need to join a pregnancy yoga class too. I have heard first hand from several women labour is 100X easier for women who practice yoga throughout their pregnancy.

Oh as for the sewing machine, I'll be needing a few refresher lessons too I think! Although I am actually looking forward to making little pixie outfits for fancy dress