+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 73 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    JetGirl - I think knowing that I'll be 12 weeks soon is making it easier to think about the future. When I look back now at week 6 or 7 I realise how much angst I had then and am so glad to be here now. Not that I'm completely calm yet, heaven forbid

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    wow nikki you will be 12 weeks in 5 days! I will be 10 weeks monday-ish I think and yup, I am still nervy as (lack of morning sickness here!) but the 12 week mark is in site!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nikki I totally agree. I didn't think I would ever start to relax and even now I have my regular panics but overall I'm a lot more relaxed now that I'm in week 13!!!

Am stuffing my face with chocolate at the moment, bad girl...

Thanks
    Reviews
    At my appt on wed the Dr said I would need to be making sure that I'm eating well so I went to the shops yesterday and bought some individual packs of turkey/ham. FN said they are fine as long as you eat them the same day you open them. Plus I got avocado and lettuce to make some healthy sandwiches for lunches and I'll do boiled egg and salad ones too. To add another serve of protein to my diet each day. I meant to pick up some sustagen too but forgot. I've put on about half a kilo.But my belly is looking very obvious.

Last time I put on 14kg all up and lost that within 2 weeks of having the twins. Breastfeeding twins is the best diet ever
    I lost 2 kg in the last few weeks of being pregnant the first time as I got diagnosed with Gestational diabetes and it was diet controlled but I had to be very careful what I ate.
    I was really hoping not to get the diabetes again and when I was thinking I was having 1 I thought I might have had a chance but now I'm not sure. I really hope I won't.

We were going to stay with our FS/ob til after the 12 week appt before transferring to the public system but today I got my appt letter for the public hospital and my appt is in the morning of the same day that my FS appt is. So now I'm thinking there prob isn't much point going to the FS one DH and I are going to talk about it tonight.

I'm a bit anxious about my big scan coming up. Can they see at 10-11weeks the placenta to be able to tell if there are 2 or not?

Thanks
    Reviews
    twinmummy - you only put on 14 kg's with twins? Wow, you have put me to shame with my 20+kg weight gains with single pregnancies
    Oh and to answer your question, yes they can see the placenta at 10-12 weeks!

Sorry, I had a heap more personals planned but my mind has now gone blank!

14 weeks tomorrow for me and I now have a VERY noticeable tummy - a little too big if you ask me

Thanks
    Reviews
    yay congratulations twinmummy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twinmummy - I didn't see a placenta at my scan but what I saw and what the FS saw would be very different because they know what to look for. So maybe it's possible?

LillyJack - I would love to show, I know I might regret that sentiment when I can't walk up steps without help but I think pregnant bellies look cute

JetGirl - I don't think you ever truly relax, no matter whether you are 13 weeks pregnant or the mum of a 14 year old... enjoy your chocolate, I am starting to enjoy it again, but now am worried about developing GD so am going to try and go easy on them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oooh, you girls who are able to eat chocolate are so lucky! It's still tastes really yuck to me. I used to eat the stuff for breakfast but now can't stand it. Strange what pregnancy can do to you!

Nikki - I am not only "showing" but I look like I'm about 5 months already - must be because it's my 3rd pregnancy and everything has kind of just sagged outwards?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lillyjack View Post
    twinmummy - you only put on 14 kg's with twins?
    That was at 35 weeks and they were 5lb and 6lb9. I prob would have put on more had I not had the gestational diabetes though.

Thanks for the info about the placentas, its at a special ultrasound clinic that do the detailed 3D scans so hope that means they'll be able see well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi twinmummy, hi, ive had 4 scans already with the proper scan clinics and each time i had normal and 3d and yea they'll def be able to tell you its all very exciting.. i had 2 embies and prayed they'd both take.. but im so blessed to have this one even

to those talking about weight.. ive lost 6kgs since getting pregnant and i have a huuuuge round belly that i just love.. so i think thats a higher power being nice to me cos of all my troubles with the diabetes.. so i have a great start to pregnancy weight... (id put on a little bit of weight with ivf.. so i think thats gone now)

sorry dh is calling me to organise what we are doing for dinner.. i'll be back