+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hopeful - my 10 week scan was done internally. The FS said that was the last internal scan I would do, but at 10 weeks he said he still found the picture was clearer internally than externally. We got a really cute pic of bubs with their legs crossed from that one.

Boo - I'm wondering what my iron levels will be... I used to eat red meat a few times a week now I'd be lucky with once or twice, just not in the mood for meat if I can smell it cooking. I am quite tired lately, so maybe I need to make more effort to eat red meat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    On the topic of help from council for multiple births in my area there is none. There is a multiple birth allowance from centrelink but that is only for higher order multiples (triplets +)
    I know that in NSW there is assistance for families with 3 under school age in which you are eligible for a subsidised in home carer (25% per child) but sinice I'm in QLD that doesn't apply to me. We haven't had any extra help with our first set of twins (quite odd having to say first set now)
    However I'm pretty lucky that my Mum, MIL, sister and Nana all live within 15mins of us and my Mum only works 2 days and my MIL has dropped down to 2 days as well.
    Plus DH will take 4 weeks full time off and 8 weeks of half days when the babies arrive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like you're more organised than I am twinmummy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey girls...

2more sleeps and I am (sing) "Leaving on a jet plane"....roll on Saturday! This week is crawling along!

Twinmummy: Well done, congratulations to you and DH, you both sound ecstatic about the news!!! Well done and enjoy it! Gosh girl, you sound so organised...I live in hope I get my act together!

Hopeful: Thanks hun for that, definitely handy to have.

Angel: I lived in Port Melbourne and loved being so close to the beach when I was there (moved there when I moved in with DH before we got married) So looking around there to start, probably going to rent for a year and get our act together and buy a house around there, Albert Park, St Kilda area. Its taken me a bit by surprise so I am little unexpected to be going back to Melbourne, but soo soo happy!

I get my 12 week scan in Melbourne now!!!! Will be 12 weeks on 12 November. YIPPEE!! Meet two OB's while I am in Melbourne to work out which one I am going to go with. Heard good things about both, but prices vary dramatically so I want to get a feel for each of them first...does that sound pathetic?? Also, with one I was advised he does not deliver vaginally at all, so would be an C - Section with one...the other is pro natural so I am so torn now.

Of the girls that are going private with an OB, have you all been advised of this "pregnancy management fee" in place for most? I called 6 OB's in Melbourne last night - 4 knocked me back straight away, either fully booked or away at that time etc, but I have two appts with two that are happy to do me. Have you found the fees to be higher, lower than what you expected? I know no different being here but thought it was on the exxy side personally.

Hope you are all feeling well girls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sparkles...im going private and with an OB and his managment fee is $1700 which i didnt know about either. Payable at 20wks and not before hand. #1 APPT $210 and $140 there after once you have been 10 times its only $40 for every visit.

Twinmummy...wow congrats im sure it would have been a shock since you knew u only had 1 put back. Dido on the new car we will be doing that just after xmas we only got a new one last xmas hehe.
    Least you know what to do and what to except having done it before.

Me...seen the ob yesterday and both babies are ok. Had more bleeding again over night so now im stressed out again and dont see the ob again till monday
    Last edited by 8isenough; 22-10-2009 at 07:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=momof6;4177278]Sparkles...im going private and with an OB and his managment fee is $1700 which i didnt know about either. Payable at 20wks and not before hand. #1 APPT $210 and $140 there after once you have been 10 times its only $40 for every visit.

WOW I feel like I am being charged a lot now...

1st appt is $365.00
    Secretary didnt mention other appts so god knows what they are!
    20 weeks is $2500 - nothing back.
    30 weeks is $2900 - $500 back from Medicare.
    Delivery and Labour are included in these fees.
    Post Delivery Consult is free also.

I am so confused by all this now...turns out its bloody cheaper to have the babies here! arrghh! Cant win and cant lose! Dont get me wrong, I may just have higher figures due to having twins, but it just seems high to me? Says me who really has no idea about the whole system!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sparkles - that does seem very expensive, we looked at going private with our first set of twins (we don't have insurance) and it was going to be about $5000 all up. So we went public as it would have cost us $1800 a day if they had ended up in special care (which they did end up in for 10days)
    My appt yest cost $96.50 and not sure what the next will be. I've got a 3D scan in 2 weeks that is costing about $250 and then the 19 week one is about $400.

Mom of 6 - we'd planned to sell our 2nd car as DH has now got a work car permanantly and use the money to do some renovations but now we're going to have to sell both cars so we can buy a bigger car and use the baby bonus for the renovations. (we don't have to get any baby things )
    DH started looking on the internet last night at 7 seaters. We'll need something that can take 4 car seats and fit a double pram.

DH had a great time at work yesterday telling his friends that I was pregnant and them saying "at least its only 1 this time" and him getting to say "no - twins again "

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sparkles, we have private health insurance and an OB. They gave us a printout with all the costs and I forget the exact details but we will be $2k out of pocket after Medicare although I'm hoping the health fund will chip in.

Re. the cars, we only have a hyundai excel so we have to buy a new car too cos 3-door cars & baby seats don't go!!! And we just miss the baby bonus

Thanks
    Reviews
    twinmummy - Wow congrats on having twins! Thats so exciting. Great to hear the scan went well.

hopeful - Thats great news about your work. Its very good that they are being supportive

jetgirl - We have a 3 door car too, hyundai accent, so hopefully its a new car for us too.

AFM - My OB appt is on Sat and my NT scan is on Mon so I am sitting here wishing the week would go faster!!! I'm not sure how much my OB costs & I'm also not sure if my OB does scans. I know he has an u/s technician employed at his clinic but I don't know how it all works yet. I'm going to have to write down all of my questions fo my OB I have so many

Thanks
    Reviews
    sparkles it sounds very expensive would you consider going public the public hospital i went with my ds i have no faults i had a massive bleed at 35weeks i didnt go home again and then had a c section at 37 weeks and was in hospital for 1week after the birth and they treated me so well had my own room after the birth so all up i was in there for 3weeks
    i have had a few friends have twins and it seems to be the thing to have a c section now no one seems to natural with twins now ??? you would probably have to go to OB for a natural my point is i'm going to the same hospital again they are so good there