+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    sarbear - I can imagine how hard that is, I am finding I am struggling to find the right thing to eat when I am hungry as it is with all the limitations, let alone with diabetes. All I can say is that at least it will go away once bub is born and once you hold your bub you will know it was all worth it

hopeful - one of my dreams, that I can't remember, must have really upset me because I woke up my heart thumping in my chest and I had to breathe deeply to calm it down, the second one was about my dad who passed away years ago and it was like I was a child again calling to him to come back knowing that he wasn't. I think having a baby makes it hurt, like getting married did because they are moments in my life I wanted him to be there for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey all,

Hope you don't mind me popping in here, I am from the June 2010 thread and wanted to come and say Congratulations to those getting there BFP'S.
    Wishing you loads of luck!

~Kat~

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there Beanie! Welcome and congrats!

Also, for all the girls that gag over their toothbrushes - would an electric toothbrush help? You don't have to push it so far into your mouth and maybe this would relieve the urge to retch? Just a thought.

Sarbear: As hard as it is with diabetes, try not to panic too much about your levels. It's hugely stressful for you but it's nigh impossible to have perfect readings all the time. My mother's diabetic and due to the insulin, her levels do bounce somewhat but they do find a happy medium. Do you have a low GI cookbook to help you at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    pixie- thanks yea i have googled alot of good recipes this morning actually and i am supposed to be shopping right now but i cant get off bejeweled on facebook
    i also have an electric toothbrush.. but i think its the sensation of it going in my mouth that just makes me gag!!!

the baby expo is at the exhibition centre 16-18th its the kids and baby expo... they had free tickets(on the flyers) at my ob.. and ive seen a few ads on tv about it... google it.. i cant wait.. my gf who is due on the same day as me and i are going... i'll be spendoing up a storm

niki- when i cry dh strokes my big round belly and says 'dylan.. you better be a good boy and give mummy lots of cuddles when you come out!!!' it makes me smile instantly... i know its all worth it but it was soooo hard to get pregnant and i think its all just getting a bit much!!
    last night while i had to check my blood levels i pricked my fingers 5 times but couldnt get the right amount of blood to come out for a reading... i lost it and was hysterically crying!!! the hormones arent helping

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sarbear: Me too! I thought I was the only crazy who can't stop playing it! Between Bejewelled and Fish World, I live most of my life on facebook! I may have to look into this expo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pixie - I think you'll find that the expo that Sarbear is talking about is at the exhibition centre at Southbank. I've hardly seen it advertised at all, but I'll be going. Can't wait. Finally, finally I can start legitimately thinking about baby things!! So exciting. (Although I'm a bit worried that I'll be the only one there without a noticable baby bump!!)

Nikki - That dream is so sad. The milestones must be so difficult. I'm sure he's there somewhere proud as punch that you are about to become a mum!

I've been having some pretty wacked out dreams too. Sometimes I tell my DH about them and I'm sure he just thinks I'm weird!! I just wonder what is going through my head to come up with such dooseys!!

sarbear - You have had such a rough time of it, no wonder you are struggling. I'm so sorry you haven't just been able to enjoy your pregnancy. I hope your levels sort themselves out soon so you can enjoy your pregnancy a little better.

sparkles - I am very jealous about the cheaper baby stuff in the US. I bet they have a better range too. My parents are actually there ATM, but don't know I'm pregnant...... maybe I should find a way of contacting them so they can stock up!!!

Boo - Have fun seeing baby today. How very exciting.

AFM - not a lot to report here. 2 more weeks until my NT scan! So exciting. How can 2 weeks seem so far away!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol pixie- i arent working today and im still in my robe trying to get motivated to get up... but after each game i think... oh just 1 more whats the fish game?

Thanks
    Reviews
    sarbear - you poor thing, I can't imagine what that would be like, it must be so difficult

nikki - I know exactly how you feel. My dad passed away 6 years ago and I've been dreaming about him so much. In my dreams I'm not able to have conversations with him. I just see him and its really upsetting. I'm finding it really hard atm as I was so close to him and for him to miss out on seeing my baby is so incredibly sad. I am getting comfort from thinking that my baby will have the most wonderful angel looking over him/her, my dad.

angeleish - my scan is 12 days away. it sure does feel like an eternity away

Thanks
    Reviews
    angelish- my mum and dad just left for 5 weeks in america and ive sent my mum with a list of things i want arent we nice kids!!! because we know we are having a boy weve chosen to do his room up with a winnie the pooh theme and i want her to get me stuff like that and little boys trainers and clothes etc.... i cant wait to see what they get!! i think you should find a way to tell them.. maybe send them the scan pic in an email or something

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angel: I don't think it matters if you have a baby bump - there will probably be folks there spending up big on family members. I knew a girl who painted 2 rooms of her house and bought a ton of clothes for her babies 5 and 1/2 years before she conceived them! I can't bring myself to buy anything yet for fear of hexing myself but I might just have a little peek! But getting back to your bump (or lack thereof at this point), I know how you feel! It took so long to gain admission to this club that now you're a member, you want everyone to know!

Sarbear: Ever since my place of employment closed down (which strangely enough happened just at the start of my last IVF cycle), I've been bored silly and find myself facebooking madly. Bejewelled is just so addictive. Especially when friends surpass your limit although I have to say, I don't like the new voice "One minute...GO". Fish world is a stupid fish tank game that I know is stupid but can't stop myself from playing it. I'm a sucker for all these games. I'm also on Farmville .