+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 73 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow amum that's so exciting!
    Well i just had a complete meltdown. Bawled my eyes out cos had crap day at work, sick of headaches, was freaking out about nt test, will I cope with a newborn, how to arrange furniture etc jeez bloody hormones. DH was great at calming me down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Amum that's awesome. When on average does baby movements become noticeable? I'm really super stupid about pregnancy as I deliberately never researched the topic (like I do with everything else I hear about) as I didn't want to hex myself. I've become SO superstitious as a result of pregnancy .

Hopeful: With regard to your question pertaining to lunch, I've been going made for pita bread grilled with refried beans and melted cheese and then topped with salsa. I've had it 4 days running. I'm not really a meat person normally anyway and the thought of it makes me want to .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi girls,

Thank god its the week end...a week till I go home, please next week go fast please please please!!

Feeling like death today, got the spews and nothing is settled at all. Ive seen breakfast twice and got to work and threw up again..sorry - I feel miserable when I throw up..

Lunches for me have been the toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches and also home made veggie soup. The toasted sandwiches are quite good, mind you I am tiring of them as they have been an everyday thing of late!
    Made a salad wrap at home this morning but so dont feel like it.

AMUM: So exciting you are feeling baby moving, I cant wait for that.

Jetgirl: I hear you re the meltdown...I just want to go back to bed and cry today! Hope you feel better hun..its supposed to get easier...so everyone tells us! take care.

As for nurseries, glad most of us are onboard with the idea of sharing, I am the same, not going to be starting any time soon. But have decided on a cute Peter Rabbit theme I have seen over here. Keeps it neutral and I love the mint green in it so will go with that for the walls etc.
    Here is a link to the theme I like.
    http://www.potterybarnkids.com/produ...%2Dbedding%7Cb

My MIL is a great sewer she has offered to make a couple cot blankets etc and I would dearly love a patchwork quilt for the cot so I was wrapped when she offered and Dad has stepped up overnight and offered to buy the pram so there is one less thing to worry about!!

Re names: we are set on middle names as I will use Mums name (Judith) and DH's brother who passed away a few years ago (Aaron) for the boy if we have boys. we have a few names thought out, but nothing really grabs us this early on. I love more girls names than boys, so I need to get thinking of boys names. I love Lucy though, nice strong name too. We have a decent surname, so wont struggle too much but dont want a too common or super popular name as I dont want 4 kids in the same class with the same name etc. I am funny like that.

Here's to a nice relaxing week end girls.
    Sparklesare

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sparkle...my mum does patch work quilts. She has made all the kids there cot and single bed quilt. They are awesome,she also sews a patch on the back telling when and how it was made and how long it took. Then a little poem for each baby and it makes me cry everytime

Nikki...we didnt find out for our first but we did for the rest and now i dont know how i waited all that time.
    Last edited by 8isenough; 17-10-2009 at 08:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sparkles I made my twins quilts and picked Noah's Ark for DS and Bunnies for DD. I did them both with a green backing. I didn't want to do something too girly for DD just in case. But now it turns out that DD loves bunnies and DS loves animals

I didn't do much of a theme as I knew I was having a boy and a girl but DH repainted their room (cream colours) and did a teddy bear stencil around the middle.

I'll have to start working on the new baby's quilt soon. We're going to find out the sex so I'll wait til then to pick the main panel.

We had a good time at the coast but its great to be home and in our own bed. The twins had a great time at the beach and in the pool but DS was scared of the waves at the beach.

Only 4 more days til my scan now!

On the twin pram topic, I thought I read someone was thinking of the emmalunga one because you could reverse the handle. My friend has one and you have to tilt it to turn (no swivel wheels) there is also the first wheels one that has individual seats and can be reversible that I've heard good things about.
    Most important thing - check it can go through a standard door!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh sparkles I love your Peter rabbit stuff!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning girls

Pixi - I think you could start feeling movements (popping sensations or little flutterings anywhere from 16 weeks onwards for a first baby, don't worry you will know when it happens, it's a feeling like you have never felt before.

Jetg - Sorry to hear you had such a bad day, freak outs are totally normal, but just think how you will feel when you see your bubba for the first time, all those fears will melt away......just take one day at a time.

Sparkle - I hope your ms soon goes away, it's very draining being sick, but all for a good cause.

Nessie - How are you feeling?

Bkelli - Where are you, is everything ok we haven't heard from you in so long.

Hi to everyone else, hope you have a lovely weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JetGirl - I started thinking last night what it would be like to actually be a mother and have a baby. I went to visit a friend yesterday who has a lovely little girl and thought this is her life day in and day out and I want to be a mum really badly but I've come to realisation I have no idea what that means! I've spent so many years TTC I've not thought much about actually being a mum. I am looking forward to it but I think it's dawning on me that it's real now. Maybe that's what your freak-out was about, suddenly it's feeling real. Like amum said, you'll hold your baby and like everyone else I know you'll fall in love and never want to leave their side again.

amum - my sister started feeling flutters around 13-14 weeks with her first and everyone told her she was imagining it, but she said it felt like nothing she'd ever felt and over the weeks they got more noticeable. It sounds like something to look forward to!

momof6 - a friend of mine said the opposite yesterday, her first was a surprise pregnancy so she didn't want the surprise of not knowing gender. She said with her second she wants to wait because finding out took some of the mystery away for her in the end. I'm not sure how I'll go if I have another, I think we'll see how I handle not knowing this time

sparklesare - sorry to hear you are feeling ill, hopefully it will start to ease off in the next couple of weeks and you can start enjoying the pregnancy more. Feeling ill really does take it out of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twinmummy...yeah i seen an older model on ebay that wheels dont turn cause there 4 big wheels. The emmaljunga cerox that im going to buy has the 2 big wheels at the back and the 2 small wheels at the front like most new prams these days. So the little wheels at the front swivel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mom of 6 - I haven't seen a cerox in real life but having front swivel wheels sounds like it would be good. Just check its width, I thought I'd heard they were a bit wide.