Page 12 of 73 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Keep 'em coming Nat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nat- I loooove nursery dreaming lol. I have planned what I want to get and where I want it to go.. just not yet what TYPE of cot, change table etc...
    Jetgirl- I am a loo paper checker still too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am at a complete loss as to if i have already posted this so i am sooo sorry if i already had. I had my scan and we say everything and got to hear the heartbeat of 122bpm. im now 7 weeks and 2 days. Im so tired by 2pm and i cant function i just want to sleep. still no ms yay. but extreme tiredness. I havnt read over everyones post yet sorry for the me post. havee my first ob apt on the 19november when i will be 12 weeks and have all the stuff for my nt scan. booked in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I check loo paper too everytime without fail, lol!

Congrats mum2haylz!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wonder how nikkis scan went?
    I went to the Physio again today for the pain in my side. Not sciatica just the muscles getting mad cos the relaxin has made the ligaments so... um... relaxed hehe. Reckon I will be seeing lots more of her over the coming months!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to the new girls and congrats on your pregnancies. I don't think any of us were relaxed at the early stages and I know that most of us (even those past 12 weeks like me!) are still not at all relaxed about it!

Sorry, not sure who was asking about the NT scans but I saw my name mentioned and yes, I have had both the NT scan and the CVS.

It's a very personal choice - but for me I mostly had it done because I wanted to see bub. I never really thought about the whole Down's Syndrome factor. Unfortunately it came back with a high risk for me 1:149 of the baby having down's. Once being told this I just had to know either way and had the CVS.

Personally, if I could have my time again - I would not have had the NT scan. It caused a lot of worry and stress (and the pain of the CVS) all for nothing. If you intend to keep the baby no matter what then don't have the scan - but that's just my opinion

Thanks
    Reviews
    LillyJack - we are thinking about having the NT scan but like you said I doubt I would terminate, I am not even sure I would risk the CVS so I am wondering if it's worth me even doing it... part of me thinks I should otherwise I might wonder the rest of the pregnancy but it's all so confusing. FS told me today that it was my choice but under 29 I am still in the low risk category, although low risk doesn't mean no risk.

I went to the shops today to look at prams and stuff, DH and me are still overwhelmed with things to buy but that BigW check list should help. He wants to try the prams out first because he is very tall and doesn't want to hit his ankles on the struts all the time. Might mean a pricey pram for us but then again nothing new there, cars, houses, airline tickets all get pricey when you are very tall!

As you might have guessed scan went well saw my little bub on screen and was in love, little arms, little feet. I was so happy. The measurements are all within normal range and heartbeat is now 183 so it's getting faster, which apparently is normal. So can't wipe the grin off my face, oh and my FS says now I've had three scans all looking good I should try and relax into the pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    nikki so glad your scan went well. how many weeks are you now? i am the same as you on the NT front i dont know what i want to do.

jetgirl did you find physio to help? i have been having a really sore lower back and was thinking of giving it a try.

nat i missed the bit about checking loo paper haha sound interesting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    happy dance - welcome!! If you are 6 weeks on Friday then it's not too much more of a wait for you. Hang in there!! As for not being able to enjoy the experience I think that is normal. I'm now over 11 weeks and still don't feel confident enough to get too excited. Once I've had my NT scan then I think I'll do that.

nat - loved loved loved that catalogue!! Great work, thanks for sharing!!

NGU - It's so hard at first isn't it. At first I found the HPT was helpful, but given that I've had +ve HPT in the past and still m/c they didn't always reassure me. The only thing that did assure me was the first (and second) scan. I hope the support in here helps. Fatigue is a great sign and we're all here to support you until your first scan! You've had such a long journey, I'm sure this is finally it for you!! Do you know when your first scan is??

Nikki - So glad all is well. You sound excited which is fantastic!! DH and I haven't braved the shops yet looking for baby stuff, but we're going to a baby expo on the weekend - I'm sure that will overwhelm us in no time!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    YAY Nikki!!! Isn't it fantastic & they only get better apparantly

Welcome Nevergivenup & Happydance. You have found the right place,it does get very busy at times on here,but always someone to make you feel better.I know(as we all do) how you are both feeling & as terrifying as your first scan is,what a great feeling once you see that precious little heartbeat