ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome NGU! Keep the spirits up. I tend to vacsillate (is that the right word/spelling? brain is mush) between really positive thinking & being 100% sure everything's going to be great and then not trying to get my hopes up in case it all goes horribly wrong...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    HI NGU,

Congratulations.

Like you I feel very lost at the moment.

I havent worked out my due date either. I can only think a few days ahead at a time and would like to have my scan to actually find out if there is anything in there.

I will be 6 weeks on Friday so pretty much the same as you. I have my scan on 28 Oct.

At the moment, I still think I am in a bit of denial. I still havent been able to say the P word yet.

I was talking to my best friend last night who knows we have been doing IVF and she asked how it went. I told her so far so good and will wait for my scan to check. I also told her that I havent let myself get excited which is a real shame as I would love to enjoy the experience. Just cant bring myself to...is that normal????

Thanks
    Reviews
    NGU/Havehope - Firstly, Congrats to you both. I know this time is hard but try to relax and enjoy having this secret .
    I personally could have slept for weeks at your stage and always felt like I was getting a cold, its all normal.
    The wait now till your first scan is the hardest. I felt like I was going to in the waiting room just from nerves. But it gets easier. Once you see the heartbeat you'll find you'll relax a lot more.

Ok now this is going to sound a bit looney but hey here gos.... When ever I was a little worried about progress at that early stage, I'd POAS. It just seemed to put my mind a ease. Maybe that may help you both

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Dance I do hope you scan goes to plan in a few weeks!
    I think its normal to be in denial atm, it must be our minds being realistic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    welcome ngu & have hope

its sooo scarey.. but trust me im still scared now.. it doesnt go away... but your so fragile in the beginning you just need to see that little heartbeat at the 1st scan.. (my avatar pic is my peanut at 6 wk 4 days..)

i hope yopu both have boring uneventful pregnancies

the tiredness your feeling is so normal.. unfortunately... its bazaar isnt it.. your the most tired and drained youve ever felt...

boo- i peed on about 15 preg tests... ive kept them all... cos i bled so much early on it was a constant comfort to see the lines shoot up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JetGirl View Post
    Keep the spirits up. I tend to vacsillate (is that the right word/spelling? brain is mush) between really positive thinking & being 100% sure everything's going to be great and then not trying to get my hopes up in case it all goes horribly wrong...
    Thanks Jetgirl for the welcome, it's good to know others share the same feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by happy dance View Post
    I will be 6 weeks on Friday so pretty much the same as you. I have my scan on 28 Oct. At the moment, I still think I am in a bit of denial. I still havent been able to say the P word yet.
    Happydance - I know exactly what you mean, I can't say the P word yet either. I haven't told anyone which is awkaurd as both my sister, SIL and mother all know we had an ivf cycle underway. My SIL questioned me the day after my BT result and I totally lied to her. Had no idea that DH had already told her about EPU etc, so she had figured out we would be getting an answer pretty soon! My mother has come for a vist from the country, she hasn't asked me yet but I wont be telling her either. Will be saying that we are still undergoing treatment and don't know yet! Hoping to pull that off till I'm at the 3 month mark So can understand your feeling guarded at this stage.

I don't think I've said "Congratulations" to you hun.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo83 View Post
    NGU/Havehope - Firstly, Congrats to you both. I know this time is hard but try to relax and enjoy having this secret .
    I personally could have slept for weeks at your stage and always felt like I was getting a cold, its all normal.
    Thanks Boo, might have to try the HPT thing, good idea. I am enjoying having this little secret, it's gonna be very tricky keeping the secret till 12 weeks though but DH and I have agreed we want the same luxury everyone else has to keep their secret until their ready to tell the world.

Thanks
    Reviews
    nevergivenup - Congratulations and welcome!!! I'm 10 weeks and am still nervous too. I think we all won't feel secure until we're holding our lil ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to post another catalogue but I LOVE this one, its also from babies r us and its a magazine they sell which shows a lot of their products
    http://www.lasoo.com.au/catalogue/to...4f9vky1lg.html

ah back to dreaming about the nursery...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I like to think that once I start to really show, I will finally relax. Even now I still check the loo paper after every pee.... paranoid!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Boo, me too!! DH was like- STOP buying HPT's, you know your pregnant!!! hahahaha.. the things we do..

The worrying is soo normal and I only had my scan early last week so I understand and all I can say is- hang in there girls I never thought past the HPT, I was like, once I get that BFP!!! but then after that, you have to have another wait but its a 3ww.. then the wait to 12 weeks.. just goes on and on.. soo worth it but!!