View Poll Results: How many cats do you have?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • no cats.

11 21.57%
  • 1 cat

21 41.18%
  • 2 cats

14 27.45%
  • 3 cats

5 9.80%
  • 4 or more cats.

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastcenturymum View Post
    So no one will be able to breed cats, except without a licence?
    I think all breeders should be registered breeders.

Gumby is offline I eat skinny people for breakfast...;) I am on a lifestyle change challenge... JOIN ME
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In my heart 2 but in reality none I miss my boys...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yeah I have a cat. Just the one.

She's an indoor cat, and is a spoilt little brat.

She's not desexed, yet, but she's not yet 6 months... and the vet doesn't do it until she is. She's microchipped and vaccinated and everything though... I think I'm a responsible pet owner, and would be even if I had 3 cats (I'd just be a poorer responsible pet owner... ).

I think in a lot of areas council permits only 2 cats... and you need permits for more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have 2 cats The are outside or inside during the day and I have a large avery that they go into of a night time They are well loved and looked after!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have one cat that we adopted from the RSPCA, so she's vaxxed, microchipped, desexed, wormed etc...

I think so long as you are a responsible cat owner, and do the above things then I don't necessarily think that having a certain amount of cats makes you irresponsible. HOWEVER there is a large feral/stray cat problem in Australia and I do believe that some measures need to be taken to try and stop this problem.

I for one agree with having a limit to how many cats one can own. I mean come on, you need a kennel licence to have more than 2 dogs on a property, and while I understand that dogs cause more noise issues etc I think it is far and appropriate to have a licence to have more than 2 cats on a property.

I mean unless every cat/kitten ever sold is subject to desexing (other than those for breeding purpose by registered breeders of course) then the problem is simply not going to get any better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have 3 indoor only cats, we went to apply for the permit when we got the third but as we have to get permission from all bordering houses (given the way some blocks are split and one having units we would have to get 17 signatures!!!) we didnt apply.
    Given also they are all desexed, m/c, fully indoors and I cannot see this effecting our neighbours what so ever I feel okay with not applying. I also found it a little funny we could dogs & 2 cats without a permit, but not 3 cats.

As pp have said, I think the problem here is not how many cats / pets you have but how repsonsible the owners are.

All that said our 3rd cat is just terrified of dd, she spends her days hidden except for when dd is sleeping, so we are currently looking for a new home for her as she will have a much better life not having to hide for most of it