View Poll Results: How many cats do you have?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • no cats.

11 21.57%
  • 1 cat

21 41.18%
  • 2 cats

14 27.45%
  • 3 cats

5 9.80%
  • 4 or more cats.

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have one - but would LOVE another .. I'm just not in a position to have another at the moment.

I will, at some point, be that crazy cat lady that everyone talks about.

My cat was a street cat that I bought home and had de-sexed and vaccinated and she has not been out again since (and is a right princess).

I know that I have to move her home with me when I leave (she has already moved country once) so I cant afford to get another here....

When I get back to Oz ... I want at least 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    That's rediculous, how can they make it illegal to have more than one? I don't have any due to allergies, but I did have 2, they were both Tonkinese, one was show quality but attacked the judges, she had issues... the other wasn't show quality but the most beautiful nature. They were both just so beautiful. I bought one from a breeder, then the following year the breeder called to ask if I wanted another one, we'd kept in touch and she had another little born from the same father but a different mother, one was very tiny and very sick so she kept hold of her then when she was 16 weeks old she rang to see if I wanted her. She wanted her to go to a responsible owner in a loving home so I took her on. I had them for about 8 years, then I got pregnant and had them stay with someone else because I was so sick. When I had my daughter, and couldn't take the medication due to breastfeeding, the allergies were so bad I couldn't be near them at all, so my father took them again. I'd visit them but wasn't able to hold them because of allergies, was so sad. In the end, they went "missing" and he said they ran away. I wanted them back after finishing breastfeeding, when I could start back on the allergy meds, but they were gone by then. It's funny how they ran away with pedigree papers, vet records and show things

My neighbours have 3 cats and are irresponsible pet owners. Their cats are always over here, they're outside on my verandah asleep now and that's where they'll stay for the night.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Officially, I have one. Unofficially, I have three due to the two male cats who seem to be strays and seem to be living under my house and who fight all the time and who I seem to be feeding *sigh*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chellegoth View Post
    Officially, I have one. Unofficially, I have three due to the two male cats who seem to be strays and seem to be living under my house and who fight all the time and who I seem to be feeding *sigh*
    I think you've been adopted

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think so And then there are the extras who just drop in for a visit. I always have at least 3 cats in my yard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been adopted by a few ducks. 3 of them roam my yard, sit under my house (which is off the ground but not by much) and eat my grass. Ah well, what can you do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I wish a duck would adopt me, i really like ducks...

Thanks
    Reviews
    we have 2, went to pick up one kitten, but walked out with both in such a sucker for kittens..

ours are outdoor cats, theres heaps of cats around here, so 2 more wont make much difference.. have to get them de sexed soon, both are female manx cats.. called angel and halo...

sadly they are both very good hunters.. havent caught any birds, if we see them catch a little lizard, we save it... but so far, they mainly hunt mice, moths flys and bees

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chellegoth View Post
    my neighbours cats tend to give birth under our house

Lastcenturymum is offline I'm on a break from modding (it wont last forever ... I'll be BACK!!)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppetfish View Post
    A group of people are trying to petition the council to make it illegal to own more then one cat.
    So no one will be able to breed cats, except without a licence?

We used to have two cats but I *sob* made the choice to have one put down when we moved as it would have meant a lousy lifestyle for her (no cat flap, alone long hours and on a busy road) It broke my heart, but no one wanted a 6 year old cat and I KNOW it was the best thing. A family member has the other one who is now an inside cat.

We got them from the cat protection society so I think we were being very responsible. They weren't allowed out at night, but if they want to catch birds etc, they will do it in daylight.