+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Apparently a while back itti had a bad batch of PUL and they replaced all nappys that leaked. Also you can get a crinkly sound. (one of mine do) I think that it's the PUL sticking to the outer. If it's not effecting performance you should be O.K.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZumbaMumma View Post
    Sorry, I havent gone through all 55 pages of this thread , but has anyone else had trouble with itti bitti's becoming "crinkly". They seem to make a crackly like sound...but no visible problems or leaking. I've been reading it's the delaminating of the nappy...and that people send them back to Itti Bitti, but I've bought these used so I don't think I can send them back.
    How did you go with the crinkly nappies? I second what pp stated, nappies can often make a 'crunchy' noise, but it doesn't necessarily mean the end of the nappy.
    Some types of PUL are 'grippier', and so it can make a noise when rubbed. If there is an issue with performance (leaking) then there is most likely a problem. I have several crunchy-sounding nappies which work perfectly, and the PUL is fine.

You can also determine whether a nappy is delaminated by laying it face down and seeing whether the back is all scrunched up. A delaminated nappy tends to 'bunch up', because the PUL comes away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Was just wondering if anyone could help me and suggest some brands of MCN's.
    I am a bit fussy and I don't like the feel of the fleecy like ones and would really like the cotton look ones like bambooty or greenbubs ones. Anyone have any recommendations of other brands to look at or tips as I'm a bit lost and so many I'm looking at I don't like the feel of.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love Bumboo pocket nappies! DS wears them to bed at night for up to 12 hours and i have never had a problem with them leaking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My question is about how practical it would be for us to manage using MCNs instead of disposables in our rental apartment with no laundry room, and hence no laundry sink. We also have a front loading washing machine. Essentially, we won't have anywhere to wash a bucket out. Our only hot water in the bathroom comes from the shower head, or goes into the washing machine - obviously we have a hot water tap over the sink but that's for washing hands and cleaning teeth and whatnot, and it's pretty tiny. I am really against the disposables, mostly because of the landfill issue (I'd be willing to spend the money on the least chemical kind of disposables), but I am having trouble seeing how we would manage cleaning MCNs at home. Maybe it's doable but I'm feeling overwhelmed by the whole learning curve and really need some advice! I don't want to spend the money setting up with MCN's if it is going to feel unworkable within six weeks. I need to figure out a system that would work in advance of understanding all the steps involved. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runawaytrain View Post
    My question is about how practical it would be for us to manage using MCNs instead of disposables in our rental apartment with no laundry room, and hence no laundry sink. We also have a front loading washing machine. Essentially, we won't have anywhere to wash a bucket out. Our only hot water in the bathroom comes from the shower head, or goes into the washing machine - obviously we have a hot water tap over the sink but that's for washing hands and cleaning teeth and whatnot, and it's pretty tiny. I am really against the disposables, mostly because of the landfill issue (I'd be willing to spend the money on the least chemical kind of disposables), but I am having trouble seeing how we would manage cleaning MCNs at home. Maybe it's doable but I'm feeling overwhelmed by the whole learning curve and really need some advice! I don't want to spend the money setting up with MCN's if it is going to feel unworkable within six weeks. I need to figure out a system that would work in advance of understanding all the steps involved. Any thoughts?
    You can get a squirter for the toilet but no sink could be a problem.

I rinse dss nappiesin the laundry sinkcould then dry pail, the bucket doesn't need rinsing i just air it on wash day

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi runawaytrain. I think that cloth is definately doable in your situation. First of all hot water shouldn't be a issue. If you breastfeed exclussively then you don't need to even rinse your nappies for the first 6 months or until baby starts solids. Breastmilk is completely water soluble and will rinse out completely in the washing machine. I know it sounds gross but it does work. After 6 months you could install a Little Squirt attatchment to the toilet which you use to rinse off nappies in to loo. Also you may find using flushable biodegradable paper liners useful when the poop is solid as you just flush it with the poo down the toilet. In fact when rinsing nappies it's best to use cold water as hot is likely to set the stain more.

A good wash routine is to empty nappies into machine, prerinse cold with no powder, then warm or hot wash (not over 60) with powder then another cold rinse if you want to get rid of washing powder residue. I have heard of some people having problems with front loaders as they use less water and sometimes don't get the nappies clean properly but if you put a wet towel in with the load it will trick the machine into using more water.

In your situation I would advise forgetting about a nappy bucket and use a xl zippered wetbag instead. I use Rumparooz wetbags and they are good. They have a snapable loop which you use to hang it over a rail, or change table or door handle. I hang mine on the door of the bathroom where my change table is but you could also hang it over the toilet door knob so it's easy to put the nappies in after rinsing in the toilet. If you have 2 then you just empty nappies into your machine and also put the wetbag in to get cleaned and use the second while the first is drying. Another thing to think about is how you are going to dry your nappies as this will effect what type of nappies you need to buy. Nappies washed may be stained and need sopme form of sun to get bleached clean. I've heard that if you don't have a clothes line you can lay stained nappies on window sills to get the Uv rays. Let me know if you have any more questions. Therese.