ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh I love getting fluffy mail. I have been starting to build my stash getting ready for my baby girl arriving in August. Have never used MCN's before so looking forward to trying it out. So I have bought some new and some secondhand, very impressed with the condition the secondhand ones and I am guessing a good way to start out and giving a few brands a go.
    Ok so I've got:
    6 monk n bear OSFM's (new)
    2 itti bitti de'lish AIO small (2nd hand)
    3 rumparooz G2 OSFM's (2nd hand)
    1 blueberry OSFM (2nd hand)
    2 BBH covers small (new)
    I have some old terry squares from when my son was a baby.

Are there any other brands that you think I should keep an eye out for? I would like to buy some Bonnibuns OSFM as I have seen some good comments on them.
    I live in Darwin so don't think drying time will be an issue?
    All I have to hope is that this baby is definately a girl (95% chance, doc gave) otherwise the boy will be wearing some pink and girly nappies .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greeneyes81 View Post
    Well I finally received my IssyBear nappies! They are fantastic Especially their night nappies. My lil girl is a massive wetter at night and sleeps alot on her tummy too and not one leak.They are super super cute too and so well made. Fantastic customer service too.

Now Ive got a problem tho, I cant seem to get rid of the wee smell out of my nappies I am dry pailing,rinse cycle before washing, all in cold water with 20ml or so of earth choice liquid and on the line to dry..washing every 2 days or so. The only way I have got rid of this problem in the past is by wet pailing with hot water and a small amount of napisan and then washing them. Its getting too heavy for me to lug around the pail tho upstairs and downstairs..Any tips ladies???

Hey GE , just to add to PP I'd try sunning them as much as possible and also giving them a quick tumble in the dryer. My Issys retain the wee smell more then any other nappy, not sure why. Michelle (the owner) says its fine to nappy san the inserts every now and then but not the shells. Again, I think the wee smell think is specific to my Issys and my BBH hemps. Spesh when DS is teething.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kuddles View Post
    Those nappies sound good.
    I have just came across the most awesome laundry powder. Ecocubs sell a powder called Rockin' Green Cloth Nappy and Laundry Powder. Awesome stuff. Can't recommend it enough.
    I can add a raving review for rockin' green (as of this afternoon!!). Amazing And smells delish too!!

finallyready is offline Lead me not into temptation... I can find it all by myself!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Two lots of fluffy mail in 24 hours and I'm ready to go full time!

Yay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I'm wanting to swap to cloth nappies, but need to do it on a tight budget. i've seen some really cheap ones from china on ebay and want to know if anyone has tried them or heard anything about them. i know they are probably not the real deal, but as i said i need to do it cheaply. If i go for ones that are more expensive by the time i save up enough money to get them it won't be worth it financially for me. The ones i have seen are called Papoose and Sunbaby, but i am sure any others from china will be similar as they are all the same prices.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seen them but have my doubts. I think you'd regret it as they are more than likely to leak.

Is it esential to have an all in one or pocket style nappy with stay dry outer shell built in?
    Other than using a normal terry nappy your cheapest option would be bumis prefolds and covers. The covers do cost a little but you only need a few as they can be reused between changes. I think you can get a bummis starter kit for $60. If you don't like the idea of prefolds you could buy some cheap fitteds and use the bummis cover on top. Otherwise you could try buying the good brands second hand on ebay or on a nappy chat site.

Tess

finallyready is offline Lead me not into temptation... I can find it all by myself!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Check out :
    http://www.facebook.com/?sk=23618316...id=94482415428

It's for buying and selling MCNs. Loads of ladies sell the MCNs that their kids no longer fit into or ones that don't fit as well as they would like (every bub is different so one nappy may not fit baby A like it fits baby B)

You should be able to grab some bargains and get heaps of good advice on use and care of your new fluffy mail!

Good luck! It's SO worth it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone used Flip stay dry on a toddler? I've been using two covers and 6 inserts on my 5 month old with good results. The cover fits great. They inserts have good absorbancy and are super stay dry. The only issue I've had is they are a little awkward to get done up while keeping the pad in place.

I need to build up my stash and was thinking of getting more. Only I wondered how they performed on older babies once they were mobile.

Thanks
    Tess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ozmum,
    I read up on the china ebay nappies, and read mostly poor reviews so I didn't get any. However, I did get all of my nappies off of ebay, and paid about 7.50 each on average for them. I searched cloth nappies, and then selected only ones in Australia. It takes a bit of time trolling through the results, but there are usually good nappies for sale, secondhand, from people who have tried cloth nappies and then realized it's not for them. I look for the ones where they haven't used them more than once or twice, so they are pretty much new but they've done the initial 6 washes for you. I've been really happy with all of my purchases.

Another tip - wait until the last minutes to bid, and bid the highest you are willing to pay.

Good luck starting your stash!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I have found out my bub will be born next wed unless she decides she can't wait a week, she is measuring approx 2.3 kg atm, I have a MCN stash consisting of sized pockets mostly but have some fitteds, like kissaluv in the smallest size, also have made some bamboo flats, My question is do you think a 2.3- 2.5kg baby will fit in these or will she be too small?? Oh i have Bummis covers in the nb size.
    Thanks!!