+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey ladies. the twins are back in cloth now. We hooked the washing machine to a hose and have it going out to the garden.

Does anyone know if the Aware powder is greywater safe? I am using the Earths Choice liquid but I hate the smell the nappies have from it.

I am a little sad, I lost 2 month of use out of my MCN and it looks like I will have to buy some Larges in the next couple of months!
    I am buying a dozen Itti SIO and 5 BBH Magicalls after the twins birthday to use alongside the flats we use.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shockinamillion View Post
    Hey ladies. the twins are back in cloth now. We hooked the washing machine to a hose and have it going out to the garden.

Does anyone know if the Aware powder is greywater safe? I am using the Earths Choice liquid but I hate the smell the nappies have from it.

I am a little sad, I lost 2 months of use out of my MCN and it looks like I will have to buy some Larges in the next couple of months!
    I am buying a dozen Itti SIO and 5 BBH Magicalls after the twins birthday to use alongside the flats we use.
    No idea, but I loooove the smell of the earth choice!!

You'd also be better to buy 6 magicalls, in the package I think its an extra $10 or something for the extra one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fairly sure it is. I compared Aware and Earths Choice the other day and they were very similiar. I went with the Aware becasue they had it in Sensitive without fragrance.

Tess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still waiting for my second lot of MCN's to come in the mail but am very bummed to find that the Hautes are now leaking (wee) at the sides after washing them. Any tips ladies on choosing brands that leak less as I don't want to waste too much time or money trying out all the options.

I've decided to go with a OSFM pocket nappy because they save money in the long run. Would that have any bearing on leakage? Also do gussets help keep in wee or is that only for poo? The more expensive ones I was considering buying are BG, Blueberry and Rumparooz which all have microfibre inserts (I think) are these any better than in the cheaper nappies? Sorry for all the questions, just want to get started as soon as possible but have to keep using sposies. Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks
    Reviews

I am a little sad, I lost 2 month of use out of my MCN and it looks like I will have to buy some Larges in the next couple of months!
    I'm about to start using (when my samples arrive) rockin green cloth nappy and laundry detergent. I have heard that it is brilliant.
    Hopefully it will put an end to stinky nappies in this house. There are a couple of different formulas for different water types.
    I've bought my samples off ecocubs and have been really happy with their customer service

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ410 View Post
    No idea, but I loooove the smell of the earth choice!!

You'd also be better to buy 6 magicalls, in the package I think its an extra $10 or something for the extra one
    Ooops, I meant 6.

I got the aware stuff yesterday, it is.

Am loving having them back in cloth, I am going to get some bbh covers on layby too.

Gosh typing is fun with an 11 month old on your lap.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default gro baby nappies

Hi, does anyone have experience with gro baby nappies? Also, which washing powder is best to use.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I finally received my IssyBear nappies! They are fantastic Especially their night nappies. My lil girl is a massive wetter at night and sleeps alot on her tummy too and not one leak.They are super super cute too and so well made. Fantastic customer service too.

Now Ive got a problem tho, I cant seem to get rid of the wee smell out of my nappies I am dry pailing,rinse cycle before washing, all in cold water with 20ml or so of earth choice liquid and on the line to dry..washing every 2 days or so. The only way I have got rid of this problem in the past is by wet pailing with hot water and a small amount of napisan and then washing them. Its getting too heavy for me to lug around the pail tho upstairs and downstairs..Any tips ladies???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Napisan will destroy the elastic & PUL

But try a capful of the canestan or dettol antifungal rinse stuff (from the laundry aisle). Works for me every time, I use it maybe once a week? Or do another rinse as well as the extra one you already do?

I like the workmanship of my issybear... but the fit is bad on my DD And its not a print DS could wear, white with pink and purple fairies lmao
    Don't know how they'll be once they get their first shipment of outsourced nappies though...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by greeneyes81 View Post
    Well I finally received my IssyBear nappies! They are fantastic Especially their night nappies. My lil girl is a massive wetter at night and sleeps alot on her tummy too and not one leak.They are super super cute too and so well made. Fantastic customer service too.

Now Ive got a problem tho, I cant seem to get rid of the wee smell out of my nappies I am dry pailing,rinse cycle before washing, all in cold water with 20ml or so of earth choice liquid and on the line to dry..washing every 2 days or so. The only way I have got rid of this problem in the past is by wet pailing with hot water and a small amount of napisan and then washing them. Its getting too heavy for me to lug around the pail tho upstairs and downstairs..Any tips ladies???
    Those nappies sound good.
    I have just came across the most awesome laundry powder. Ecocubs sell a powder called Rockin' Green Cloth Nappy and Laundry Powder. Awesome stuff. Can't recommend it enough.