ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaryGirl View Post
    I had no issues with the breastfed poo staining the nappies ... the sun got everything out. It was when they started on solids I got all the staining.
    was going to say the same!

it was after solids things got stained, especailly post blueberries >.<

RaryGirl is offline Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztik View Post
    [COLOR=RoyalBlueNic that's interesting. Does the sun not get the stains from solids out? Odd.
    [/COLOR]
    Hopefully it's not just B's toxic poo and of course it was the times I didn't use a microfleece liner she then stained her nappies. Moral to story ... always use a microfleece liner with B.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default reuseable nappies

I bought four different types of folded reuseable nappies Here are my conclusions :

I bought a Pea Pod for $20. It leaked, you can't adjust the size and the liner took ages to dry. I won't waste money on another especially when $20 can buy me disposables for a week and I don't have to wash coach covers when I use disposables!

I also bought a Bright Bots for around $12 but it need a pilcher as a cover.

I then bought a Cheeky Butt second hand of ebay for $10. It leaked too.

I took a risk and bought nine reuseable AIO nappies from China off ebay for under $40 including postage. Quite a bargain! They don't leak and the size can be adjusted. All in all I'm quite pleased.
    Last edited by pinkroseinthedesert; 11-04-2010 at 20:08. Reason: spelling mistake

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkroseinthedesert View Post
    I bought four different types of folded reuseable nappies Here are my conclusions :

I bought a Pea Pod for $20. It leaked, you can't adjust the size and the liner took ages to dry. I won't waste money on another especially when $20 can buy me disposables for a week and I don't have to wash coach covers when I use disposables!

I also bought a Bright Bots for around $12 but it need a pilcher as a cover.

I then bought a Cheeky Butt second hand of ebay for $10. It leaked too.

I took a risk and bought nine reuseable AIO nappies from China off ebay for under $40 including postage. Quite a bargain! They don't leak and the size can be adjusted. All in all I'm quite pleased.
    unfortunately you have picked the brands that are 'known' too be problem offenders of bad qaulity, and gives mcn's a bad name...

Some cheaper ones to look at that are tried and tested are genesa forge basics, $25,
    or babybeehinds, or itti bitti, issy bears, to name a few, if you decide to look a bit further than the ones you currently have

I'm glad the china ones have worked for you, hoprfully they continue too. Don't write MCN off on the ones you have tried though, they are a cheap inferior make, so just keep that in mind

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeJ View Post
    was going to say the same!

it was after solids things got stained, especailly post blueberries >.<
    Oh Blueberries
    My DS is obsessed with them.
    I don't think he has a nappy that isn't stained

BF baby poo doesn't stain generally speaking, the sun does get it all out - its brilliant

finallyready is offline Lead me not into temptation... I can find it all by myself!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pinkroseinthedesert - I've bought a couple of Close Parent and Thirsites to try and haven't had any leakage despite DS being a heavy wetter and having a regular poonami (new term DH heard at work the other day ). They both have a gusset just inside the elastic around the leg to stop leakage.

Thirsties are a pocket and Close Parent are a snap in. Both fit the other inserts I already have.

Will be buying more of them this week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztik View Post
    Thanks kuddles bub was 9lb 4oz at birth so he's not exactly small lol. I will have a look at the size guides in a minute. I cant wait to see them on him lol.
    Wow. Yes you probably won't have too many problems finding MCNs that will fit. What an awesome size. Must be a nice healthy bub. My DS was 7lb 1oz and I had a bit of trouble in the beginning.
    Good luck.

I agree with everyone else. Fleece liners make everything much easier. I'm teaming disposable and fleece atm but my little guy is on solids (and lots of them).

Thanks
    Reviews
    O.K, I finally bit the bullet and ordered some MCN's off ebay. Initially I wanted to get more expensive ones but DH wanted to try the economy ones. I won 6 x girls Angel Bubs OSFM for $80 and also bought 5 x Haute nappies for $45. Hopefully they'll turn out allright but if not I haven't lost allot of money. Hopefully I'll get them by the end of the week and find out.

On the topic of leakage with MCN's I wonder if we expect too much from what is essentially a cloth version of a disposable. My dispossables often leak, I usually get 3-4 poo explosions a week even with the new Baby Love nappies, so I sort of expect that I may get leaks with MCN's as well. Hopefully not all the time though.

Tess

Thanks
    Reviews

Default wet weather!

Hi girls, I bought some mcns to try and was very excited the whole night after washing them and hanging them out to dry but guess what! I wake up and find out there's huge clouds and no sign of sun, hence the nappies aren't drying. don't have a dryer! any suggestions how to dry them fast. Am getting impatient now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tbizabishaka View Post

On the topic of leakage with MCN's I wonder if we expect too much from what is essentially a cloth version of a disposable. My dispossables often leak, I usually get 3-4 poo explosions a week even with the new Baby Love nappies, so I sort of expect that I may get leaks with MCN's as well. Hopefully not all the time though.

Tess
    I definately got less newborn pooplosion leaks in cloth than 'sposies. It used to go straight up DD's back in huggies (eewwww) but with thirsties pul covers its all held in. Heavy wetting is a bit of a different story, cloth is less forgiving. Most sposies will last 4+ hours before filling but a cheaper cloth nappy may only last 2hrs. Good cloth nappies will last 4 hours unless you've got a super pee-er