+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Chaton is offline Slowly dying of sleep deprivation
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still waiting on 6 Issy Bear nappies to arrive. I put all my nappies away in our large 3-drawer change table last night and they barely fit!!! One drawer is full of empty pocket nappies, another full of inserts, and the third holds my AIO nappies. And I was looking to buy a couple more (Rumparooz) to try...

Where does everyone else store their stash?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Chaton - Once you get the out in rotation you'll always have more room. I keep my nappies made up ready to go. Nothing worse than a screaming baby and having to snap nappies together or stuff them as you go. Just a suggestion you could be a nappy stacker that hangs of your change table I will for my future baby.

Chaton is offline Slowly dying of sleep deprivation
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasn't sure cloth nappies would fit properly or stack well in a nappy stacker. Might look for a cheap one in our nursery colours or sew one up to fit.

I think you have a winning idea about stuffing the pockets in advance - don't know what I was thinking having them seperate!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaton View Post
    I wasn't sure cloth nappies would fit properly or stack well in a nappy stacker. Might look for a cheap one in our nursery colours or sew one up to fit.

I think you have a winning idea about stuffing the pockets in advance - don't know what I was thinking having them seperate!
    Thankfully nappy stackers were originally designed for terry towel nappies. My friend stacks the ones she uses the most in the nappy stacker. I just stack them under my change table.

You can blame it on baby brain if you want They look kind of cool separate but they look really cute made up ready to go. If you do stuff them it will help save you valuable time in the beginning. Who knows you might even be able to grab a nap while bub sleeps instead of having to stuff nappies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kuddles View Post
    Hi Tess,
    The good news is they don't fray at all. That is all I have as liners.
    I bought mine at spotlight and just cut it up.
    HTH
    Thanks Kuddles. What do I ask for when I go in. Is microfleece the correct term?

Tess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tbizabishaka View Post
    Thanks Kuddles. What do I ask for when I go in. Is microfleece the correct term?

Tess
    No problem.
    From memory that is what you call it.
    If you can't get it from spotlight you can get it online at fairy fabrics. If you can't find the page just google it. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tbizabishaka View Post

Tess
    Nah the label won't say microfleece exactly I dont think - it might say 'micro polar fleece'. I haven't had much luck asking staff either. Spotlight label their fleece with english names like picadilly and victoria. I can't exactly remember which one the microfleece is though sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you buy it from fairy fabric it is called microfleece.
    I was lucky because when I bought it from spotlight I saw a close friend who works there and the found it for me. I can never find what I want in spotlight. Zalia is right though they do have strange names for things.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hooray for MCN's!!

Just had to share this with you....

DD has taken to pooing once every 2 days or so, so they're big and messy when they come. Yesterday she did the most enormous splat I've ever seen - honestly, it was like half a jar of mustard! LOL. But guess what? None of it escaped!!! Hooray!
    There's no way a sposie would have held it, and probably not anything without leg gussets. But my faithful Thirsties cover kept it all in and saved DD's clothes and the car seat. INSIDE the cover it was everywhere (never seen so much poo outside the nappy!) but not a drop managed to escape from the cover.

Funny thing was it was a lucky escape. Only an hour before she had been wearing a sposie while she was in the creche while I went for a swim (too hard to explain to creche staff about MCN's). Fortunately I decided to ditch the sposie as soon as she came out of creche. Phew!

Now I'm just waiting for the sun to do its job on the stains... mustard yellow poo does some serious nappy staining

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys...quick question:

My mum has got a heap of fleece which would be perfect for nappy liners...only thing is that it is a darker grey. Would that matter? I know most people use white and just wondered if there was a reason for that? (probably a very silly question - but better to ask!)