+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Finallyready - I got the email from itti bitti sent to me just after I asked about it on here.

I bought 4 nappies and 12 wipes in their sale I'm on holidays and meant to be saving lol

finallyready is offline Lead me not into temptation... I can find it all by myself!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Panic over! Crisis averted!

Found the Cushie Tushie shop on Ebay and bought my Couture and Basix as planned (but without the added booster, but hey, I have 6 from BBH and the others I ordered come with them too)

Stash complete until bub arrives...

Thanks for the suggestion Springbubba about only washing one of each kind... Good idea!Do you think that that given I have bought trial packs where I have two different kinds from the same manufacturer that the fit would be the same??

Waiting, waiting...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by finallyready View Post
    Panic over! Crisis averted!

Found the Cushie Tushie shop on Ebay and bought my Couture and Basix as planned (but without the added booster, but hey, I have 6 from BBH and the others I ordered come with them too)

Stash complete until bub arrives...

Thanks for the suggestion Springbubba about only washing one of each kind... Good idea!Do you think that that given I have bought trial packs where I have two different kinds from the same manufacturer that the fit would be the same??

Waiting, waiting...
    I think the itt's yes but I only tried the snap ins. I know that bambooty easy dry and easy peasy have the same fit but for some reason the easy drys don't leak (had 1 leak in the easy peasy).

With the new BBH petite, they are much trimmer than the magicalls and a side snapping nappy so I would assume a completely different fit...

Getting fluffy mail is so exciting!!!

She~Ra is offline Princess Of Power ... (formerly Mumtofive)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi guys, been a while since i stoped by and said hi

Im still on a nappy ban doesnt look like he will lift it anytime soon, but i doubt an occasional nappy here or there on the sly would hurt, lol

just a quick question about iish fly nappies, i have been giving a second hand one, and the 3 snap in boosters scare me a lil, are they a good nappy?

also how do u wash ur second hand nappies?
    this one has no wee smell which is great, but do u do few washes first before bubs wears them?

tia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by springbubba View Post
    I think the itt's yes but I only tried the snap ins. I know that bambooty easy dry and easy peasy have the same fit but for some reason the easy drys don't leak (had 1 leak in the easy peasy).

With the new BBH petite, they are much trimmer than the magicalls and a side snapping nappy so I would assume a completely different fit...

Getting fluffy mail is so exciting!!!
    See im the opposite. I find that bambooty easy dry and easy peasy have different fits. One leaves REALLY bad marks on my baby's legs but the other doesn't (for the life of me can't think of which is which though!)

finallyready is offline Lead me not into temptation... I can find it all by myself!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So I dropped in to Spotlight yesterday on the way home from running some errands - big mistake! Now I have all kinds of ideas of buying my own overlocker and sewing maching (even though we have nowhere in the house to put them!)

I left with a bag of fabric to make my own boosters!

Got 50% Bamboo 50% Cotton wadding (not felted type so will come apart with wear) and some light muslin to use as a casing over the wadding. Will have to borrow mum's overlocker but it has ended up so CHEAP!

Also bought some white towelling to cut up and make chuck cloths out of (cheaper than buying terry flats to do the same job)

BTW did you know that the technical name for baby upchucks is 'posset'? Well that's what Kaz Cook thinks anyway...

Am now considering sketching a couple of african animals (to go with the theme of the nursery) and using felt/fabric to make some tiny stuffed animals for a mobile to go over bub's cot...

Oh the nesting urge

P.S. got an email from Itty Bitty on Wednesday (only a short time after placing my order) to tell me that they would be despatching my fluffy mail today! That means I should get my first delivery tomorrow!! Didn't think it would be so quick!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumtofive View Post
    hi guys, been a while since i stoped by and said hi

Im still on a nappy ban doesnt look like he will lift it anytime soon, but i doubt an occasional nappy here or there on the sly would hurt, lol

just a quick question about iish fly nappies, i have been giving a second hand one, and the 3 snap in boosters scare me a lil, are they a good nappy?

also how do u wash ur second hand nappies?
    this one has no wee smell which is great, but do u do few washes first before bubs wears them?

tia
    ohhh well hello my nappy buying friend
    please get ur ban lifted so we can do some nappy shoping together (like we used to when i first started with cloth )......i will always remember you for introducing me to flattery's nappies ....hehehe..i love them now !!!...keep an eye on her site for a new develpment !!!!

i need to put on a ban myself lol...today i got a custom spot for 4 widdlewuns and another widdlewuns with matching hat !! NAWW cute it is !!!

i havent been on FB much latley either , should catch u on there soon !!!!

hope the move went all good !!!

Quote Originally Posted by finallyready View Post
    So I dropped in to Spotlight yesterday on the way home from running some errands - big mistake! Now I have all kinds of ideas of buying my own overlocker and sewing maching (even though we have nowhere in the house to put them!)

I left with a bag of fabric to make my own boosters!

Got 50% Bamboo 50% Cotton wadding (not felted type so will come apart with wear) and some light muslin to use as a casing over the wadding. Will have to borrow mum's overlocker but it has ended up so CHEAP!

Also bought some white towelling to cut up and make chuck cloths out of (cheaper than buying terry flats to do the same job)

BTW did you know that the technical name for baby upchucks is 'posset'? Well that's what Kaz Cook thinks anyway...

Am now considering sketching a couple of african animals (to go with the theme of the nursery) and using felt/fabric to make some tiny stuffed animals for a mobile to go over bub's cot...

Oh the nesting urge

P.S. got an email from Itty Bitty on Wednesday (only a short time after placing my order) to tell me that they would be despatching my fluffy mail today! That means I should get my first delivery tomorrow!! Didn't think it would be so quick!!
    just thought id mention that the wadding wont really be suitable for boosters ....it just wont absorb the same as the bamboo fleece does !!
    and really wont stand up to the washing
    sorry but i just had to mention it so u arnt too dissapointed if it doesnt work for you !!!

She~Ra is offline Princess Of Power ... (formerly Mumtofive)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey bubbyboy, how are u hun?
    Hope u had a good xmas.
    The move although done, has just been way to chaotic for me, i still have a million boxes to unpack, and only just gotten back into cloth last month after a month of spossies.

I am all over the place like a droped bag of skittles, so behind on everything, throwing xmas into the mix didnt help, but im getting back on track.

I love my flattery nappies as well, i dont know if u remember but i had some on layby, well my dd decided to tt herself before i got them off layby and they offered to replace them with some boy designs, i was so grateful.

incase my previous question was over looked, just wondering how others wash their second hand nappies?

and what peoples thoughts were on iish fly?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wash my secondhand nappies same as my own - just in with my next load and same - rinse, hot wash, rinse, 1/2 strength detergent. I've only had a couple that seemed grubby - and I soaked some boosters once because they were stained. I'm really not concerned about germs though.

Iish Fly - can't help you there sorry.... never had one, but I do see the seconds cheap on Ebay and heard there was a discount on her site recently.

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys... I got some terry towelling mcn style nappies from SIL the other day and have washed them. Do I need to wash them several times before use or will once be enough? I've been washing my others 3 or 4 times, but just wasnt sure about these!