+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Chaton is offline Slowly dying of sleep deprivation
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't bought most my nappies directly through the manufacturer. I bought Green Kids seconds through Ozebaby site, they arrived within the week. I bought BumGenius on special recently through Nurture Nappies and they haven't arrived yet. The Cushie Tushies (as well as Hautes and Totbots) and others came from OzBabyTrends and they arrived within the week also. I am still waiting on my Issy Bears too but they are made to order and the company is closed for Christmas. Most of these orders were made in early December so there may have been some Christmas delay.

I will be getting a bag of "eco-disposeables" for when bub first arrives, mostly because I was told meconium can stain so to use disposeables until baby poos that mustard breastfed colour. I really want to start using my MCN asap because I don't want to be tempted to just keep going with sposies (and esepcially don't want DH getting too used to them!).

My mum dropped by yesterday and she was impressed to hear I was going with cloth (since that's what she used for all hers, but they didn't have disposeables or MCN back then). When I showed her the MCN she was fascinated and thought they were really cool. I was really happy she approved especially as she may be looking after baby one day a week from late in the year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hello to the newcomers! My DS is 9 months oldand still fits into his small BBH magicalls! He's jus over 7kg and is long and skinny.
    My advice is to save some money so when your bubs are born, you have some $$$ stashed away for nappies that you can try out in real life. itti bitti and bambooty fit really trim, i use these as going out nappies. I used the BBH bamboo fitteds as overnight nappies at first, now i use them as day nappies at home.

finallyready is offline Lead me not into temptation... I can find it all by myself!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok... so I've bitten the bullet and finally bought some MCNs online!

Decided to do what someone (can't remember who) suggested and buy a range of different types.

Stash (once all delivered) will include:
    Already have:
    3 x BBH (1 x Magic-Alls Multi fit Yellow 1 x AIO Ivory 1 x hemp fitted with pale blue cover)
    Ordered today:
    2 x Bum Genius One Size 3.0 (1 x twilight 1 x grasshopper)
    2 x Green Kids (1 x Anytimes Periwinkle and 1 x Minkey Times Giraffe)
    2 x Itty Bitty D'Lish (1 x Red and 1 x Royal Blue)
    Wanted to order (but Sold Out )
    2 x Cushie Tushie (1 x Couture Bumblebee or Choc Bubbles 1 x Basix Snow White) Has anyone heard anything about this no longer being available? I've emailed them asking if the Trial pack will be available again soon, but I'm impatient

(Oh, also have boosters coming!)

Where possible I've ordered Trial packs to save on $ but it appears that BumGenius don't do them so I had to buy 2 separates (smallest pack they sell is 6!)

Anyway, now I wait for fluffy mail to arrive!

Can't wait to do a wash and have them all on the line in the back yard. Might have to take a photo of them

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by finallyready View Post
    2 x Cushie Tushie (1 x Couture Bumblebee or Choc Bubbles 1 x Basix Snow White) Has anyone heard anything about this no longer being available? I've emailed them asking if the Trial pack will be available again soon, but I'm impatient

Can't wait to do a wash and have them all on the line in the back yard. Might have to take a photo of them
    Cushie Tushies (the genuine company) were selling some of their factory seconds and discontinued stock on ebay for a fraction of the price - dont know if they still are though. I picked up a blue and a red basix for $15 each and a CT Dude Couture and Rocket Couture for $20 each (If I remember rightly!) they are gorgeous and have no visible imperfections and I have washed them today and they came up great.

I washed all our nappies today for the first time and it was very cute seeing them on the clothesline!

Question - my SIL gave me a stack of terry towelling fitted nappies, they are brand new - she had good intentions but it just didnt happen! Can I use the BBH PUL Covers over these?? I have a few of them so thought that would save buying other covers if its not necessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Nic255 - can't see why not, I'm sure it's worth a go.

Just quickly, has anyone heard about the itti bitti sale?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandmum View Post
    Nic255 - can't see why not, I'm sure it's worth a go.

Just quickly, has anyone heard about the itti bitti sale?
    yep 25% off tommorrow only, good prices

20% off accessories

Thanks
    Reviews

Decided to do what someone (can't remember who) suggested and buy a range of different types.

Already have:
    3 x BBH (1 x Magic-Alls Multi fit Yellow 1 x AIO Ivory 1 x hemp fitted with pale blue cover)
    Ordered today:

Where possible I've ordered Trial packs to save on $ but it appears that BumGenius don't do them so I had to buy 2 separates (smallest pack they sell is 6!)

I think you've done well - not sure about the BBH multifits (I've never used them) but I've had all the rest. Like the PP said, have a look on Ebay for Cushie Tushies. I have used Couture and it was good for us up to about 6 months. Haven't used Basix.

Enjoy your Fluffy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nic255 View Post
    Cushie Tushies (the genuine company) were selling some of their factory seconds and discontinued stock on ebay for a fraction of the price - dont know if they still are though. I picked up a blue and a red basix for $15 each and a CT Dude Couture and Rocket Couture for $20 each (If I remember rightly!) they are gorgeous and have no visible imperfections and I have washed them today and they came up great.

I washed all our nappies today for the first time and it was very cute seeing them on the clothesline!

Question - my SIL gave me a stack of terry towelling fitted nappies, they are brand new - she had good intentions but it just didnt happen! Can I use the BBH PUL Covers over these?? I have a few of them so thought that would save buying other covers if its not necessary.
    u can use the bbh covers with just about any fitted nappy

well i havent been in here in ages .....hows everyone going along ??........

Thanks
    Reviews

Already have:
    Ordered today:

Hi finallyready,

I'm really excited for you! I was at that same point only months ago. I don't want to sound negative but would like to share my experience and advice.

I wouldn't wash all the nappies, maybe 1 of each kind. I washed all the ones I purchased and now stuck with them. I'm going to try to sell them but would be worth more brand new as apposed to brand new but pre-washed.

In my experience with the brands you purcahsed:
    BBH sized AIO - really bulky, doesn't fit well under AIO suits like bonds suits but fine just nappy and shirt. The small didn't fit from newborn.
    BBH multifit - haven't used but read that they are extremely bulky
    Itti's - very trim but constantly leaked, not nice cleaning up poosplosions all the time!! There was alot of leg gape (I have heard that itt's aren't good until the legs start to chub up and in most cases bub will be out of smalls).
    Greenkids - after using AIO's I couldn't be bothered with the pockets. Didn't fit from newborn and now have found nappies that I like more.
    Cushie Tushie - haven't tried but didn't like the snap down for small and generally don't like it.

Brands that worked for me:
    ecobubs small pockets (sale on at the moment). I don't use their insert though, I have other boosters
    bambooty - love love love, fit from birth!
    twinkle lily - I have her older kind, fit great around the leg and love them! Not so into her newer kind though, but I think she would still make the old kind if you asked
    fluffybubs - love love love! OSFM but no leg gape. Didn't start wearing until 8 weeks
    bubblebubs - don't really like but they have worked for us
    bam bam and tots bots fitteds (there are better fitteds brands but I got those cheap) with bummis and thirsties cover. I didn't want to use fitteds but they are honestly great for newborns. If I had my time again I would get a stash of 2nd hand fitteds and covers and not worry about AOI's until they are ready to fit into a med or about 3-4 months.

I just ordered some BBH petites and can't wait until they arrive!!! I would also think them in a small would be great as the side snap prevents leg gape and leakage.

I hope this helps and I haven't been too harsh. I just wanted to pass on my advice

finallyready is offline Lead me not into temptation... I can find it all by myself!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeJ View Post
    yep 25% off tommorrow only, good prices

20% off accessories
    Would have to be 2 days after I ordered mine, wouldn't it!! Foiled again in my attempts to save money!

AND I can't find any discontinued Cushie Tushies on Ebay...

BTW - how do you girls find out about the specials??