ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hey Nic, welcome to the addiction! My plan for when I have another bub is to do a combo. I will get some fitteds with covers, buy a few newborn nappies and I also have quite a few osfa that I can use. In terms of those brands:
    * Greenkids - havent used but seem like a good basic workhorse style nappy
    * BabyBeehinds - Didnt like these at the start as they werent a great fit on my ds but now I love them as he has grown into them really well. Also can use as a night nappy boosted up which is a bonus!
    * Bonnibuns - again havent used but have heard good things
    * Issy Bears - have a couple and I LOVE them! Gorgeous prints, great boosters and really well made. Their night ones are awesome, but some need covers like the cotton prints as moisture wicks out
    * Itti Bittis - we love these here! I would get a few of these in small for a newborn as they are nice and trim, would be a great 'going out' nappy.
    * Cushie Tushies - we love these too, a great osfm, good to invest in a few as you can use them right through to tt. Again my boy kind of had to grow into them in the legs, but I have come to learn that the way you do them up gives you the freedom to get a snug fit which I didnt realise at the beginning. If you use the newborn fold you have the freedom to make them as snug or loose as you need. And they are super cute prints! Can also be used as a night nappy.
    * Clothbumkids - havent heard of these so not sure

A few more I would recommend are bambooty's (our faves!), baby bullfrogs (she also makes customs), fluffybubs, minilala's oh god theres heaps. And then you move onto you're genesa forges and cgr's which I havent invested in yet, but very keen to. I'm sure some of the other girls will jump in with more info on them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by em1984 View Post
    hmm not sure Do you mean to get there or at the actual sanctuary...oh hang on, yeh I think they have a mini train that goes around it!
    Cool. I thought I could remember going on a train in the sanctuary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Well as of Thursday I will be almost finished paying off my full time pack of cushie tushies! I can't wait! We have a few atm but not enough to do full time, and I get sad every time I have to buy a pack of sposies

Mum and I went to spotlight and bought some muslin cloth on special and made E some home made wraps. They're massive and will fit her until she no longer needs to be wrapped. Yay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

I was on here a while ago with a load of questions. Back then I was convinced that I would be getting OSFM.

Well I went into my local baby shop the other day and actual got to see a MCN in person, since then I have changed my mind about sized pocket MCN's.

They had pea pods in stock wich were fairly bland as far a colours/prints go but seemed fairly reasonable at $20 each.

Anyone have any expeience with these? If so what do you think?

Tess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nic255 View Post
    Hi! Just though I would introduce myself in here as I am bound to become a regular

I am due to have my first bub (a lil man!) in March and am getting very excited about MCN's!

Have been doing lots of research and reading everyone's posts to see what I need to know.

So far some of the brands I have looked at and quite like the look and sound of are:

* Greenkids
    * BabyBeehinds
    * Bonnibuns
    * Issy Bears
    * Itti Bittis
    * Cushie Tushies
    * Clothbumkids

Any feedback about any of these would be great!
    Any advice about buying for a newborn boy much appreciated too... I plan to use cloth full time and want to make sure I have enough nappies, but dont know whether to buy OSFM's or just buy them in different sizes as he outgrows them!

Does anyone make their own liners and stuff? Thought I might ask my mum about doing it cos she loves that kind of thing and I cant sew to save myself!

Look forward to chatting with everyone and becoming a MCN addict
    Hi Nic,
    I have an 8 week old daughter and we have been using cloth since she was about a week old. DD is fairly small (2.9kg at birth, 4.5kg at 8 weeks) but we found a lot of the OSFM nappies were too huge on her at first, and some are still just too big.
    Greenkids seem quite wide in the crotch and I still can't get them to fit comfortably.
    BBH bamboo fitteds are ok, but DD seems to hate feeling wet, so we don't use them much. They have fitted pretty well from a couple of weeks though. The small magicalls are just starting to fit, we use these at night as theyre quite bulky on DD.
    Bonnibuns are still quite big on her, and I don't think would fit many newborns, but do seem very well made, and will use them more as she grows hopefully.
    Issy Bears are great, fit her well now, still a little bulky, but not too bad. We like these.
    Itti bitti have fit her since about 4 week (little chicken legs a recipe for leaks before then. I find that they don't control poosplosions very well, but otherwise are great. We use them a lot.
    Haven't used Cushie Tushies or clothbumkids.
    We do like Bambooties here, the smalls have fit well from 1 week, they contain poosplosions better than any other nappies we have (especially the easy dry ones, they have a gusset type arrangement. They still fit with no/one snap exposed in the middle, so will go for some time yet. They're not as absorbent as some so have to be changed a little more often, but are extremely trim. DF loves these and the ittis as they are so easy to use. He even helps fold them!
    Hope this helps, and have fun building your stash and working out what works for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you going to go pockets, then I'd choose BabyBeehind over Peapods. Peapods leaked for us. BBH also have a special on atm too - 30% off so they are down to $17.50. So cheaper than peapods too. The only think I've found is that they do take a while to dry - so I do turn them inside out, but they still take 2 days to dry.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by tbizabishaka View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I was on here a while ago with a load of questions. Back then I was convinced that I would be getting OSFM.

Well I went into my local baby shop the other day and actual got to see a MCN in person, since then I have changed my mind about sized pocket MCN's.

They had pea pods in stock wich were fairly bland as far a colours/prints go but seemed fairly reasonable at $20 each.

Anyone have any expeience with these? If so what do you think?

Tess

Sparrowgal is offline My new excuse for buying more MCN!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh I haven't visited this thread in ages (since nappy chat #1-#3) and look it's now become a sticky!

Nic255 - welcome to the addictive world of cloth nappies! I agree with zalia about not buying NB nappy sizes because you really don't get value for money out of them. Just gonna comment about the nappies you mentioned:
    Greenkids - I didn't like them for NB, too bulky and leak a bit out the legs when the bubs are in the chicken legs stage. Great once they're a bit older though, super absorbent and quick drying.
    BBH - one of my FAVOURITE nappies, using them atm on my 10day old (3kg) but that's the fitted ones. Not a big fan of the AIOs for NBs because I think they tend to leak a bit out the leg for me (though I have the old style AIO not the pocket ones)
    Bonnibuns + Issybears + Clothbumkids- Issys are a bit like GKs, and I haven't used either of these 3 for a NB so can't really help you there...
    Ittibittis - I love ittis, slim and trim, but I personally don't like them for sleeps, they're much better as a going out nappy for me. Some people think they work well for naps though. And they are sized so they grow out of them quick... though I have mediums and my daughter fit into mediums when she was 6 months and she's now 20 months and can STILL wear mediums...
    CushieTushies - I hear nice things about the new style cushies, I had the older style ones and I was not a big fan. The OSFM on them can be good but not sure about NB though. They have really nice outers though!

Tbizabishaka - I have peapods and they are cheap and are ok but I have to say not my favourite nappy. A bit leaky out the legs for me, such that I have to use the pocket insert as a lay in booster to avoid getting leaks. The inserts are fantastic though and I use them in other nappies all the time! Buy one or 2 and give them a try I think, you'd only have to use them about 40 times to get your moneys worth out of them

Bubbyboy2008 - oh nice avatar! Is that a wild child bling?

Anyway boring stuff about me: I get to be excited about nappies all over again now because now that baby boy is here I can start all over again with NB cloth! I did have to use sposies for a week until the packet ran out - OMG the amount of rubbish generated by disposable nappies is astonishing! And a pack of 54? lasted like a less than a week! So happy to be back in cloth, but I do miss my sized NB nappies (sold them all off) and the worst thing is I can't find a single snappi in the house, so have been doing the lazy and getting covers on really tight to hold the nappies together . Though last night DH was doing the 3am-7am baby shift and he was grouchy because "There are NO NAPPIES at all for the baby! I had to go into DD's room to get nappies! And the ones I got leaked POO on his clothes!" So I thought oh god what did he get out, and it was small magicalls - no wonder! Chicken-leg boy can't fill the leg holes out yet so hopefully in a few weeks he can fit into them.

Anyway now that I'm home all the time I suspect I'll be frequenting this thread lots!

What's on his bum: Kissaluv contour
    What's on her bum: Blueberry minky OSFM pocket

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yep it is a wc bling

Sparrowgal is offline My new excuse for buying more MCN!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh I bought some Fluffy bubs nappies late yesterday afternoon and they were on my doorstep before 8 this morning! Just in time for my morning nappy load!

Thanks
    Reviews
    tbizabishaka - I'm inclined to agree with what others have said about the peapods, I would suggest trying a few different brands, as the saying goes you get what you pay for. You will also find that the resale value of pea pods isn't very good, especially compared to itti bittis or baby beehinds.

Sparrowgal - The customer service with fluiffy bubs is just fantastic! And Peggy is lovely too!

I'm in the process of culling almost half my stash, I have finally found which brand I just LOVE, Genesa Forge, so I'm slowly replacing my stash with them, hehe. Got to sell a few first to get some $$ to buy them.