ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Another newbie to cloth here too I have been trying different ones, though I have four ittis (they are great!). There are so many different ones out there, I'm basically going with a few to try and then take it from there.... they generally resell at a decent price so if you don't like them you can sell them on. If you look up "Diaper Decisions" you should be able to find their sponser list, it will direct you to a fabulous range of nappy sites. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    Just a quick ??? What do you think I should do for daycare? They supply cloth nappies(terry flats), but most kids are sent with 'sposies(you need to send 1 for home time). Should I just use the terry flats that they supply and just send an mcn for home time or should i send mcns for the whole time? also should I have some daycare specific mcns so that they always get the same kind and don't get confused with different brands? we're not starting til next yr but if I need to buy more I'd rather start now
    I'd let them use the terries during the day and send an MCN for home time.

I've heard stories of them going missing etc in care so maybe send your cheaper or less favoured MCNs in. I wouldn't worry about confusing them, they already know how to use terries and they are profesionals. My girl is in FDC and her carer had never seen an mcn before but took to them with no problems and no complaints.

She~Ra is offline Princess Of Power ... (formerly Mumtofive)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hey there sweetmummi

like the girls suggest, go with a trial pack, i started out on cushie tushies as my hubby needed "man friendly cloth nappies"
    i havent yet tried ittis or baby behinds, i will when my nappy ban is lifted, hehehe, i do love the wahm nappies heaps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    so is there a difference between aio or mcn???

an thank u all for ur responses... i will get some trial packs....

another thing do u guys buy disposibles as well or just all cloth.... hmmm so new sorry for the questions just looking into the best way to go and tips...

and thanks mumto5 for directing me here lol another thread ill be seeing u in i take it haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Me - on the cloth and daycare side of things I would be inclined to let them use the terry's and then send a MCN for home time. However you could have a chat to them and see what they would prefer. I would be guessing they would prefer their terry's though as they would have a nappy laundering service. Like a PP said - don't send your fav or special ones for home time as they could go walkabouts!

Newbie to cloth - sorry can't remember your user name. I have been using cloth full time now for 4mths and love it. I too changed from Huggies. I started by buying someones second hand stash - 24 nappies for $200. I soon found a few great work horse nappies - itti d'lish are my fav and found ones that really aren't for us too. Since then I have expanded my 24 to 40 (opps!) but mostly with second hand ones as new are too expensive for me at the moment. Another thing you can do is "rent" some different brands for a week or fortnight and this will give you an idea of what works best for your family.

She~Ra is offline Princess Of Power ... (formerly Mumtofive)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    sweetmummi mcn is the name given to all the cloth nappies aio or ai2 and pockets are the types of mcns if that makes sence?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi sweetmummi,
    I just Pmd you some great info. HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    A BIG THANKU

ALL ur info has been helpful... and thanku kuddles for the pm it was helpful....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetmummi View Post

another thing do u guys buy disposibles as well or just all cloth.... hmmm so new sorry for the questions just looking into the best way to go and tips...

I have a supply of sposies on hand and still use them at night or for travelling (for the moment). I changed over to mcn over time and used a combination until I got enough cloth nappies. Its really up to you if you want to go part time of full time cloth. But certainly at the start its a good idea to use a bit of each until you know what nappies you like and get supply up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey of those that use the bambooty liners, who cuts them up into smaller liners?
    do they wash well?