+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Its not completely left of field at all, celiacs is hereditary and even if it isnt that, apparently 87% of the population are wheat intolerant (according to my naturopath and google) Babies/Toddlers bellies are so fragile, it doesnt take much to upset the balance.
    DD usually has Karicare Gold which is gluten free, however until we get her little tummy totally right, we have her on the Karicare lactose free, cause its a little gentler. Thats only for a couple of weeks though, then back to the gold.
    And just to relate this chat to the thread, cause the nutrients where not being absorbed and going straight through her, she was filling 2-3 nappies with gross grey poo every day. Very gross to wash. Now they are solid! YAY!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macsum2 View Post
    Its not completely left of field at all, celiacs is hereditary and even if it isnt that, apparently 87% of the population are wheat intolerant (according to my naturopath and google) Babies/Toddlers bellies are so fragile, it doesnt take much to upset the balance.
    DD usually has Karicare Gold which is gluten free, however until we get her little tummy totally right, we have her on the Karicare lactose free, cause its a little gentler. Thats only for a couple of weeks though, then back to the gold.
    And just to relate this chat to the thread, cause the nutrients where not being absorbed and going straight through her, she was filling 2-3 nappies with gross grey poo every day. Very gross to wash. Now they are solid! YAY!!
    sorry, sidetracking

he is still putting on weight though, so i'm not sure.

From what i can tell the tests are pretty invasive to find out 'just incase'.

will moniter closely from now on!!!

He has had light amount of loose stools every now and again, I'm wondering if it was when he had weetbix!

wow, you've definatley made me think!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats to J on his crawling

we just go home from the beach we had a close call with the bike and a hill .........(damn he's a fast kid lmao)

nice work on the santa nappy macsmum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just got home from playgroup and E isn't doing so well in the Queensland heat. Not only are we not eating very much but now we're spewing it. Lucky we've got a doctors appointment this afternoon. In other news we used an MCN out today for the very first time and it went well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ohh i hope she is ok

yay for the first trip out in cloth hehehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by macsum2 View Post
    We have DS2 on the KC LF formula too, and he has been since he was 4 weeks old- because he developed a secondary lactose intolerance. he is thriving on it, but i know what u mean about the runny poo- we had them 10 times a day with DS2 for 6 weeks! and the smell was viol we delayed cloth until it has cleared up totally, i dont think his poor bottom could have handled it.
    I hope ur DD is feeling better soon, its so good that they were able to work out what was wrong with her. I bet u all feel better for it, and glad u acted on it- there is something about mothers intuition
    Last edited by 2boyoboys; 15-10-2009 at 13:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Alright, so E is all good, turned out she wasn't eating because she wanted to play and cuddle BEFORE she ate, and here I was trying to force a bottle down her throat

So we're all good now.

In other news I sent away the first of three payments for my full time pack of Cushie Tushies!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    first of i would like to say hi to u lovely ladies so hello

second of all i would like to ask for advice opinions and guidence....

i have 2 gorgeous kids that have all been brought up on huggies but me and dp are trying for number 3# and i wanted to use cloth for number 2 but just didnt know anything about them now that we are planning for number 3 i want to do my research....

so here is where u lovely ladies come in....

i want to know who is the best to purchase these products from....

what is the difference between AIO and MCN????

please tell me from u experinces and opinions as i have only ever used huggies and am exploring new ground...

thanku so much ladies xoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm new to cloth as well, but I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that AIOs are All-In-Ones and are a kind of modern cloth nappy.

We use cushie tushies here at my place and so far so good. We haven't had a leak yet

I got three at first and tried them out, we love them, so I'm now in the process of buying more.

I would suggest trying some out before you make a big purchase.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sweetmummi, Welcome to the world of cloth.
    MCNs (modern cloth nappies) are so easy to use.
    AIO stands for All In One. They are as easy as disposables they take a bit longer to dry.

My suggestion is to get a couple of trial packs.
    My fav are Itti Bitti D'lish nappies. You can pick up a great trial pack from them. I also recommend grabbing a trial pack of BBH (Baby Beehinds).
    HTH.