+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Whishing4kids was ixis not an option for you and dh?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi LisaMD,

Sorry no ICSI is not a thing that can be used with DH and I.

DH has a genetic condition and we don't want to pass it to the kids. We would need PGD and they don't have the probe, so we would need to pay $15,000 for them to develop a probe and it could take years.

With Dh's genetic condition it has caused his infertility. It also increases the chances of having a miscarriage up by 90%. So no we can't use DH sperm.

I wish we could. Thats why we need donor sperm. It would be easier just to bonk the next man that came along. But I have morals and would NEVER EVER do it ever!!!

Wishing4kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah yes, I had one of those. It didnt hurt at all for me. The IUI was def worse!

I wouldnt think that waiting for sperm could take so long?? I have a friend who has not partner and couldnt wait any longer, she just went to the doctor for a referral. She got straight in and 2 months later she was PG. Is there anyway you can do it in Vic? The nurse did say to her that it would be cheaper to just ask a friend for some sperm and use a turkey baster. No jokes! Have you ever thought of doing that?? Can you just put a post up on here for a donor??

The one thing I have found with ttc is that my relationship with my DH has never been better! I have never really had to lean on him for emotional support before. He is amazing and there is no way i could get thru this with out him. He is my rock!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tigerlillie,

I am 26 Dh is 30, We have been together for 7 years, I have been off contraceptive for the last 6 years and have actively been ttc for the last 3 years.

In 2007 I was referred to FS, it was found that I have PCOS, but what has my FS stumped is that I have Af every 28-30 days and I ovulate between day 13-15, I have no cysts persent in any of the scans I have had. But I am still a PCOS suffer.
    I am of Greek decent (3rd Generation) and PCO and PCOS is more common in ethnic & european women.......
    To top things off I have slight Endo and Dh has slow swimmers.

My FS said that we could try other methods first but his would be expensive and a waste of time, Our best bet was IVF/ICIS- I liked the fact that he was honest and upfront.

I am currently in my first cycle, day 14 and the whole process of IVF on a whole has been so far a pleasant one...

I know my situation is slightly different and the approach we decided to take was IVF..... But i hope this helps