+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sezzle View Post
    Just a question, has anyone successfully breastfed premmie twins?

Not me personally, but i do know a few mums who have. Have a look on Aust multiple birth association forum.

They'd be more than willing to tell you their tales .

bgbgbb is offline To think, I was only going to have 1 child!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sezzle View Post
    Just a question, has anyone successfully breastfed premmie twins?
    Mine were not as early as yours, but they were in SCN for 2 weeks after being born at 34w5d. They couldn't suckle at first and were tube fed. I started expressing straight away to up my supply, then after they came out of the humidicribs I would put them to the breast. Fortunately they took to it straight away, although sometimes only for a few minutes. The hospital supplemented with formula and expressed bottle feeds, although I pushed for them to take the breast as much as possible when I was with them (this was not easy as they liked to keep to their routine, although I did point out that as I couldn't be there for every booby feed it made sense to give it to them as much as possible for when I could be there).

They came home at 36w4d and have been happily breastfeeding ever since (sometimes I wish they wouldn't suck so hard!)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default need advise

As i have said before i have a 7month old son he was 10 weeks early .
    Im havign car seat problems he is 65cm long and only 6kgs he is getting to long for the car capsule and i carnt turn him around becasue he doesnt sit up or have 100 % head control .. I carnt put a reverse carseat in car becasue partner is 6ft 3 and the car capsule just fits if . And becaseu he is small he needs the inserts and the good ones are to big for the patrol wat do i do ? Do i turn him around ????? Help please

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Legally he can not turn, the min weight limit is 8kg before they can turn. Your partners going to have to suck it up im afraid & deal with him being in a convertible seat.

DH is 6ft 3 & moved his seat forward while ever the kids were RF.

sheep is offline You can't change the past, but you can change the way you view it.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We put up with our seats being too far forward for DS1 too, My partner is 185cms (not sure of feet and inches) and I'm 176cms.

It's for their safety, totally worth being uncomfy IMO.

What kind of car do you have? We found that the rearward carseat actually fitted better than the capsule and we could move the seat back a smidge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleTime View Post
    Legally he can not turn, the min weight limit is 8kg before they can turn. Your partners going to have to suck it up im afraid & deal with him being in a convertible seat.

DH is 6ft 3 & moved his seat forward while ever the kids were RF.

He carnt drive if i replace with a car seat i was hoping someone would have a brand of car seat that they have used before that isnt to big and if they have used it in a Nissian patrol i know he legally carnt turn around im not stuipd and with having 2 car seats in the car isnt helping:
    And being uncomfortable for us isnt going to work we are travelling 1200klms every 2 months to perth for DR appointments from kalgoorlie
    Last edited by Cassie84; 13-10-2010 at 23:20. Reason: forgot somethin

sheep is offline You can't change the past, but you can change the way you view it.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you swap sides? Put the other car seat behind the drivers seat and the baby behind the passenger?

Have you tried putting a rearward facing seat in to see the space you would have? As I said before, we had slightly more space with a rearward seat than the capsule.

PS, I was living south of Southern Cross when DS1 was born (10 weeks early) so I do understand those long trips to Perth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bgbgbb View Post
    Mine were not as early as yours, but they were in SCN for 2 weeks after being born at 34w5d. They couldn't suckle at first and were tube fed. I started expressing straight away to up my supply, then after they came out of the humidicribs I would put them to the breast. Fortunately they took to it straight away, although sometimes only for a few minutes. The hospital supplemented with formula and expressed bottle feeds, although I pushed for them to take the breast as much as possible when I was with them (this was not easy as they liked to keep to their routine, although I did point out that as I couldn't be there for every booby feed it made sense to give it to them as much as possible for when I could be there).

They came home at 36w4d and have been happily breastfeeding ever since (sometimes I wish they wouldn't suck so hard!)
    feels like it was just yesterday I was in the ttc threat with you and mum2five.
    Congrats on twins I know you went through a lot of heartache on the way to conceiving them and I'm so happy for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone got to the point were they want to give up .. Sick of dr appiontments and dr not doing anything im afriad im over the Dr appiontment and them not doing anything about ,my sons reflux

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep all the time. But then I suck it all up and start a new day.

DS1 (30wks) didn't grow out of his reflux until he was 13-14 months old.

When does Angus see KEMH again?