Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleTime View Post
    Bumbo seat?
    wat will that do he is very little wouldn fit in it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Sit him upright, it cradles their bums lower than their legs, promotes core stength.

My three were in them from about 4kg till they could get themselves out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to introduce myself,

I had my son Jacob on 27th Feb 2010 at 27 +3 weeks. We spend 12 weeks in RPA and royal womans hospital with our final 2 weeks in Our local hospital Manly

He was born at 876grams and came home at 2kg exactly. At last weigh which was 8 weeks corrected ( due for a weigh in today) he was 4.3kgs so gaining great weight gain.

Jacob has been home for just over 9 weeks and is 9 weeks 2 days corrected. he came home one day before his EDD.

He is doing really well, smiles every now and then but what a serious little man it takes so much effort to crack the smallest smiles!

Looking forward to chatting with you all.
    Last edited by Miss Kimmy; 30-07-2010 at 11:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Welcome Kimmy.

Good to hear your little man is doing so well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Tripletime, I think i was talking to you when Jacob was still in Hospital, but I cant really remember much as the 3 months was a blur.. had a weigh in today and 4.5 kgs!! woo hoo we are in the 10th percentile!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you were.

Woo Hoo for 4.5kg, took us a lot longer to get there.

TBH, i dont remember the first 6 months unless its medical related.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a bumbo seat he is to little to go in it lol even tho he just reached 5.2kg nad he is 5months old we had a bit of trouble of him failing to thrive he is putting on 600grms a month not sure if that is good or bad put will see when we go to perth king eddy hospital for a review with the pedis there as counrty pedi are diffenrent and are drivning me crazy

Have been doing this for the last 5moths over and Over Kalgoorlie DRs i feel like im on a merry go round and carnt get off doesnt help when Perth and kalgoorlie Pediatrions say one thing against each other then health nurse has here say then the deitions have there say then Gp says something different then Ed department dr say another and then reffered yet agia...n to another bloody Dr im over it all in one day driven me crazy HHHHAHHAHHAHHHHHnths

sheep is offline You can't change the past, but you can change the way you view it.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I'm joining in here

My boys were both prem. DS1 30+1 weeks and DS2 34+3 weeks.

Cassie, at 5 months DS1 was only 4.8kg, we lived in Marvel Loch when he was born and I only ever took him to KEMH, the country Drs and CHN just had NO IDEA about prems! 600gms a month is excellent and is well within normal weight-gain limits. I wouldn't say he is failing to thrive at all. You are doing a great job xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good morning ladies

I hope you don't mind if I join in.
    I am mumma to 7 kids 4 of which have been born prem.
    DS3 ~ 36+1 weeks weighing 2830g now 8
    DD2 ~ 35 weeks weighing 2210g now 31 months DD3 ~ 28+1 weeks weighing 1045g now 20 months...9 weeks in hospital
    DS4 ~ 25 weeks weighing 920g now 7 months...15 weeks in hospital.

Weight has been such a problem for my 2 smallest prems...DD3 is 20 months old and only weighs in at 9.1kg and 76cm tall (short lol) and DS4 is 7 months and is a hefty 4.3kg. Both where/are classed as 'failure to thrive'
    DS4 was lossing weight and that is when everyone started to get concerned...we are adding extra formula to his bottles to try and get extra calories into him
    It hasn't affected him developmentally in fact he is a bit ahead of his corrected age.

DS4 got very sick with NEC and perforated his bowel when he was a week old it was a very hard time...I didn't get to hold him until he was 3 weeks old...it seemed like a life time at the time.

Look forward to chatting

sheep is offline You can't change the past, but you can change the way you view it.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This is going to be an interesting thread I recognise some of you