+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fox_girl View Post
    LOL Yeah!!! I just commented on your status...

"saves on mopping"

Took me a while to work out what the bang was, so many creaky doors & walls here.
    Last edited by TripleTime; 15-01-2010 at 13:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey all,

Just finished taking pics of the pics i had from when DD was first born till about a month old, then a few of a few months old, then 1 year old.

Just uploading them on FB now.

Its amazing to see how much she has grown And how tiny she was.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi

I had a little baby boy on the 21/03/2010 at 30 weeks he weighd in at 1.790grms an 45cm long he is my third child im starting to find it hard because he is 17weeks old so about 4 months old but only 7 weeks corrected and hew will not lye on his back to play .He smiles and just starting to talk to you but every time i put him down on his back he wakes up or just screams dosent matter what i do he has to sleep on his tummy has coming from king edward hospital to Kalgoorlie a counrty town he had one night in hospial here and was always on his tummy in perth for 7 weeks
    Last edited by Cassie84; 16-07-2010 at 10:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Cassie- a lot of prems are tummy sleepers cause if the time spent in humidity cribs nested.

My 3 slept on their tummies from an early age.

If you feel cumfy with him sleeping on his tummy, I say go for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cheers thanks im happy for him to sleep on his tummy its just he wont lye on his tummy at all even for 5 mins to play he screams and wont sit in aswing chair either i just dont know what to do with him he hates lying on his back

Thanks
    Reviews
    He could have reflux which may be why he doesnt like being on his back. A LOT of bubs dont like tummy time untill they can move, mine included.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleTime View Post
    He could have reflux which may be why he doesnt like being on his back. A LOT of bubs dont like tummy time untill they can move, mine included.

Yes he has reflux All he wants to do is stand up on ya legs and the doctor said try jolley jumper but he is to small for the strap thing but the right weight and can hold his own head up not sure what to do ....driving me crazy
    Last edited by Cassie84; 16-07-2010 at 19:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bumbo seat?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default what should i expect with a little premmie?

Hi all, i am a foster carer and i have tentatively accepted a placement of an aboriginal baby boy who was born last week weighing 1685grams, he will be released from hospital at 2200grams if all goes well and he will have him from then. I have not cared for such a tiny baby before and i'm a bit nervous about what to expect...i assume i will get some info on his specific needs when i get him but i would love to hear from any of you guys who have been there with such a teeny one. His mother was induced approx 6 weeks early as he was failing to thrive. Poor bubba got a double whammy in the size stakes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by myrainbowfamily86 View Post
    Hi all, i am a foster carer and i have tentatively accepted a placement of an aboriginal baby boy who was born last week weighing 1685grams, he will be released from hospital at 2200grams if all goes well and he will have him from then. I have not cared for such a tiny baby before and i'm a bit nervous about what to expect...i assume i will get some info on his specific needs when i get him but i would love to hear from any of you guys who have been there with such a teeny one. His mother was induced approx 6 weeks early as he was failing to thrive. Poor bubba got a double whammy in the size stakes!
    NICU/SCN should send him home with what some of us like to call 'instructions'.

Either 3 or 4 hourly feeds, first few weeks he'll feed like clock work. Than after a while he may start to space feeds out during the night but in saying that due to his size he may play catch up & try to gain weight, he may also go the other way & struggle to gain weight cause of his size.

Average 34weeker is 2kg at birth providing their complication free, he didnt do to bad weight wise.

Treat him as you would any other baby, he's the same just happens to be on the smaller side.

There is also actual age (from DOB) & corrected age (from EDD), for all milestones you need to use his corrected age.

One thing i learnt was, dont sweat the small stuff.

Hope that helps.

BTW, your an awesome person for welcoming a prem into your home. Its hard work but so worth it .