+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Prem parents chat #1

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmummy View Post
    Hi all,
    Just thought I'd pop by and introduce myself, my name is Jodie. I am currently on HBR due to complete placenta previa and accreta. The doctors are trying their best to get me to 32 weeks but aren't making any promises!
    So either way I'll be having a premmie bub. Hope I haven't crashed your thread to early just thought it would be nice to have someone to chat to while I'm in this wretched place. Lol
    Hi,
    Just wanted to pop in & let you know my sister had what you had plus something else, she had her little boy & 27 weeks... He is about to turn 5 and is in perfect health
    It was a tuff couple of months but it's totally worth it!

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks..... :'(

ET - 21/05/2012 - BFN
    ET - 14/06/2012 - BFN
    IVF all over for us for now..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MARTTC For This Useful Post:

tattooedmummy  (31-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies
    Just though I'd post here. Looking for some support. I had my baby boy last week at 32 weeks. Big shock. He's just come out of the intensive neonatal unit and is now in special care. He is doing well, we're super proud!

I will write a bit more about my birth story another time, I'm due soon to express again!

Just wondering if any if you could give me a heads up on what to expect when he gets home? I think they will 'release' him at 35 weeks, providing his feeding/sucking improves.

Anything in particular I should buy? I mean apart from obvious baby items (have a pump, bassinet, car sear etc). I'm feeling a little lost!

Feeding will be my main issue I assume? Did you all mainly express when baby come home and use a bottle? I don't see how he'll be strong enough to breastfeed. Should I give him a go first, then use ebm, then express?

Also at the moment I have security of the monitors, so constantly know his oxygen levels, heartbeat etc. How did you all manage this anxiety when you got home with no monitors?

Sorry for the 50 questions! If you would like to just answer one I'd be grateful haha! Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi MLS! Congrats on your baby boy! My third bub was a 31 weeker and was in the NICU and SCU for 8 weeks. He's now 15 months and I'm still breastfeeding the little monkey.

Keep pumping! Is he on suck feeds yet or still just tube? I really thought that DS would never get on suck feeds, he would tire so quickly and the hospital won't release bub until he's ok. It's strange how quickly it happens, it just clicks.

Once we were home, I expressed and bottlefed/breastfed and then decreased bottles.

Sats monitors etc... again they won't send him home until he's off the sats and he'll be fine.

I hope that helps?

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes thanks Miss Kitty, it helps a lot and I feel more at ease now.

He just seems so delicate at the moment, I'm a bit worried about him coming home.

He's on some suck feeds and tube feeds. They are saying they 'll only do some suck feeds as otherwise he gets too tired. Poor little thing!

Did you give your ds practices breastfeeding, how did he go at latching on? Did you use a nipple shield?

I've had a couple of bad dreams about his breathing etc, even though that's all stable now, I'm worried I'll be up watching him sleep all night!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I didn't need to use nipple shields but my nips are well seasoned. I know they are a godsend for many so if they help, I'm all for it.

His latch was very poor - he had a massive posterior tongue tie which needed to be snipped twice and he just got tired so quickly. From about four weeks, I would always put him on the boob first and then he'd be tubed. A lot of the time he'd just have a lick and a sniff and that was it.

The breathing thing is scary. I admit I spent nights just watching him sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi guys! I'm mum to a 35 weeker who is nearly 7 months old actual now. she was born via emergency section due to my liver near failing.