ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sheep View Post
    Yep all the time. But then I suck it all up and start a new day.

DS1 (30wks) didn't grow out of his reflux until he was 13-14 months old.

When does Angus see KEMH again?

He is back in perth as of january every 2 months his reflux isnt a issue any more it the bloddy counrty drs know they want him to see a gentic dr becaseu he has a funny shape head like a prem baby does lol i have 10 appointments a week in kalgoorlie just for him physio, speech ,pedi, Gp , plus im having other issues with my 9 year old not eating becoming very skinny not good on my end never gives im head down i really bad health problem myself lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassie84 View Post
    He carnt drive if i replace with a car seat i was hoping someone would have a brand of car seat that they have used before that isnt to big and if they have used it in a Nissian patrol i know he legally carnt turn around im not stuipd and with having 2 car seats in the car isnt helping:
    And being uncomfortable for us isnt going to work we are travelling 1200klms every 2 months to perth for DR appointments from kalgoorlie

I never said i was going to turn him any way i ask if someone had a brand of a carseat that was small enough for a nissian patrol

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=sezzle;5092401]Hi! i hope you don't mind if i join you!

I have twin boys born 10 weeks ago at 25+6weeks. Tomorrow they will be 36 weeks corrected. They have been in hospital for 70 days so far, and they moved out of NICU to special care last week, both together which is great. The older baby (3mins older!!) born at 780g has never been intubated, went straight onto cpap and came off for good about 3weeks ago, no oxygen required. He is breastfeeding 2 feeds a day with topups thru NG tube, and is a little trooper! He is now a chubby 2.7kg
    My younger bub was intubated his first night only then onto cpap, and has been on cpap except when intubated at 3 weeks for 3 nights with sepsis, but back onto cpap and came off 2 weeks ago onto low flow oxygen. He is a bit more fragile of the 2, and is on 1-2 breastfeeds per day, with topups. He is lovely, and 2.6kg with the hugest cheeks ever!"

Hello everyone!! Im also new here My twins are now 12 weeks old who would have thought it would be here already.

I have a girl and a boy. They were born at 35 weeks due to me having to be induced due to having severe pre eclampsia. I ended up with an emergancy c sect due to Hollys hand coming first. Holly was born at 2050grams and Riley at 1960. Holly needing no oxigen at birth and Riley needing a little bit due to hinm being starltled because they dragged him out by his feed due to he decided to flip at the last minute.

I got to kiss them goodbye and down they went with my partner. It was then I didnt get to see them untill 2 days later due to me loosing 7ltrs of blood and spending 2 days in ASCU in KEMH.

The twins were both put in the incubater for jaundice. Riley was given a drip and also they needed to slow is headbeat down because it was beating too fast. Im not full ball on everything that happened because in those 2 days was when most of it happened and I was out to it.

Holly and Riley came out of all machines and moved to SCN at 3 days and then we got transfered to our local hospital after 4 days so they could spend time in the nursery there and it was a lot closer to home.

They were in with me during th day and in the nursery of a night by the time they were 6 days old. At 5 days we started breastfeeding 2:1 which proved to be doing well. Although they couldnt attach properly just yet I used a nipple shield which helped... the at 7 days we started doing all BF except for 2 x tube feeds in the night and the following day we started full BF.

The best advise i was ever given to BF my twins was don't wear them out because you will take 2 steps back. I did get upset sometimes when they wouldnt suck for a feed but dont push them because that will make them even more tired.

It will happen and try not to get too upset if they dont suck everyfeed, because you dont want to wear them out.

Good luck!! I love having twins. Its deffinately worth it,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Emski!
    Congratulations on your twins! I love their names!!
    I have been home with my twins now for 6 weeks, and i am happy to say that they are both fully breastfed now and putting on heaps of weight!! They are a healthy 4.3 & 4kg and going really well! Their corrected age is 5 1/2 weeks. They were discharged a week apart, and both were home before they reached their due date!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies,

Im new in here with premmie twins born at 26wks on 25/10/10 Weighing DD-950g & DS-900g at birth. Who are 3 weeks old (39wk gestation) tomorrow.I had a bleed at 23+3wks was hospitalised for 3 days bedrest then sent home on total bedrest which i had another bleed but sleep through it 1 wk later then my waters broke (twin 1) at 25+2days so was hospitalised on more bedrest till they were 26wks & i was showing infection in my bloodstream so emergency ceasar was booked for that day.Theyve done pretty good so far,few little hiccups,both have had a blood transfusion DD within 24hrs of birth & DS at 2wks +3days.He has since then gone back on the venitlator this week as he was struggling on Cpap so today is his 4th day back on it but he seems alot better whereas DD is powering along, only 2 more levels on Cpap to come down & shes off it,she does better off it then on but will get tired very quickly. We can see her growing very quickly & leaving her brother behind so were all hoping he picks up real soon. Tomorrow is weigh in,house change for them & cuddles day so dh trying to get time off for a 1st cuddle which will be lovely.When we met OB i asked for smaller babies this time rnd ..... i did not mean this small so im being really careful what i wish for lately.Were hoping to have them home mid january at EDD, was told it could be for xmas but not to get our hopes up too much, so im planning on mid jan anyway to save myself the heartache if xmas comes & goes.

Would love to chat about your premmie experiences & challenges & hope yours are doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    2 sets of twins! How very special!

Congratulations on your babies, glad they are both doing well and hope Lachlan catches up to his sis very quickly.

DD1 was born at 29+4 weeks and DD2 at 35 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I served a customer today whose bub was so so small reminded me of just how little my/our bub were at one point! This bub was 11weeks and born 14weeks early so a strong little fella to be out in the world considering how early! He was just adorable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi plsjust1more!
    Firstly, well done on keeping your babies in for as long as you did, it sounds like it would have been a very scary few weeks.

I had my twin boys in June this year at 25+6weeks gestation, after 2 weeks total bed rest for short dilated cervix i went into spontaneous labour and delivered vaginaly. They spent 87 & 94 days in hospital and came home at 38 & 39 weeks corrected age. They are now home with me and are doing really well, 7 weeks corrected age.

I am sorry that you and your babies are going through this, it is such a difficult time. The things that helped me were
    - being told that you are the one constant thing in your babies life. They DO know who you are, and while they are handled by so many nurses and doctors, your voice and your touch is constant for them, and they DO know you.
    - remembering that every prem babies journey is different, even at the same gestation. Try not to compare your babies to other babies or even each other! (I found this quite difficult as like you, i had one that seemed to thrive and the other that had more setbacks, more hard times and a more difficult start to life)
    - Ask the nurses for cuddles, some will just assume you would like a cuddle every day without having to ask, others will not offer unless you ask. If the baby is not up for it the nurse will let you know.
    - Do what you have to do to get through this time. For me that was doing nothing but spending all my time at the hospital, for others it was having some time at home, sleeps in and spending time sorting out their nursery etc.
    - Don't feel bad for not returning phonecalls. i discouraged people from calling me cos i could never answer the phone, text messaging worked best for me as i could do it while expressing.
    - Talk to a counsellor or social worker or whoever is offered at your hospital, sometimes i felt like i had it all together, but would realise that i totally didnt once i started talking about it.
    - there is a book i think it is called "parenting the premature baby-the emotional journey", which i found in the hospital library a few weeks before they came home, and it would have been good to read early on, it goes through everything you are feeling like you wrote the book yourself.

You may not feel like it, but for me the time went at a very strange pace, like the quickest time ever, but also the slowest if you know what i mean. I am happy to tell you all about our journey if you are interested, feel free to PM if you like, i would be happy to hear from you. what hospital are you at?
    I hope weigh in went well (i used to think of it as reverse biggest loser!) and that they are enjoying their new houses!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello,

Hoping I can intrude on your convos

I had DS 6/09/09 at 35+1 due to PROM.
    He spent 3.5wks in NICU/SCN due to Jaundice, feeding issues, regulating body temp etc, but nothing too major.

He is now 14m (13m corr) and doing well. Nearly walking, trying to say a few words and very cheeky.

I am currently 34+5w pg and as you could imagine, am starting to get anxiety that Im hitting that point in my pg when I had DS.

Im actually on bed rest atm as since 33wks I have been dilated to 2cm and am thinning.
    Im trying really hard to hold out for the next 9 days, until 36wks. Anything from there is awesome.

Last night I was having cramps for a few hrs and then eventually, they regulated to come every 10m for a little over an hr.
    They eventually stopped and I havent really had any cramps this morning (just the occassional BH).

Im so worried that this bub is going to come out soon. Im hoping its just one of those torturous things Im going to have to deal with for the next few weeks and baby keeps cooking - not sure if thats possible though

I just really feel like I can't mentally handle the prem process again. I was fine the first time and dont feel it really affected me but this time, its different.

I just want a 'normal' birth and I feel so guilty.

Sorry, just needed to vent!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wonderign if any one else babies have a had major deylays angus was born 10weeks early in march 2010 . He is 17mthns old and has just started to crawl he says thankyou sorta and that is it has anyone else have this at all