+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rebdot is offline My beautiful boys!
    Winner 2010- The Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    I got the opposite. It was all 'are you sure you are pregnant', 'you couldn't be that pregnant', 'you are so tiny'

Then in the last couple of months i exploded and got the massive comments.
    This time around i don't look pregnant yet but i'm sure i'll get comments once the belly is obvious. It will be either that i am too small or too big
    You just can't win.

Iv been thinking, maybe this is people way of starting convo?

lol or maybe not.

Iv found that people dont have any boundaries when it comes to pregnant ladies, people talk to them more than they do normal people, and touch them, comment on them ect

DanceInTheRain is offline Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think people say things to people just for the sake of saying things! When someone is pregnant it's

-when are you due
    -wow, you're massive/tiny
    -are you finding out the sex?

etc etc etc

All the common questions/statements that people say just to make small talk but they don't really understand it can have an effect on you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesby05 View Post
    Oh yes, it annoys the hell out of me but I couldn't for the life of me explain why if anyone asked me. Sigh.

My SIL did it to me my whole last pregnancy and yep, she's doing it this one too.

`Oh, wow, you really do look VERY pregnant'.

My friend told me to say to her `yeah you're really big, too, for your dates'. That is GOLD. I wish I could, but my SIL is really obese and I don't think that would go down well! It would shut her up though!
    He he he that made me laugh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebdot View Post
    Iv been thinking, maybe this is people way of starting convo?

lol or maybe not.

Iv found that people dont have any boundaries when it comes to pregnant ladies, people talk to them more than they do normal people, and touch them, comment on them ect
    You know it probably is just convo starters. It is just one of those things people say and i think most mean well.
    Still frustrating though.
    I don't know what it is about being pregnant that fascinates everybody - and what is with the touching? Nobody would do that if a woman wasn't pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I get asked one more time if I'm having twins I will SCREAM!!!

Yes, I am bigger then my previous pregnancies but that's ok.

At my mum's funeral everyone asked the same question "Are you having two?" When I say no there is definitly one in there they reply back, "My twins weren't diagnosed becasue one was hiding"!

If I am only 19 weeks, how big am I gonna get!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebdot View Post
    it annoys me more when preggy ladies say there huge and there so clearly not,

Although no was has said I am huge yet, I feel like it and I would be upset if someone said I was.
    See I'm probably one of those ^^ that would annoy you. I was 51kgs when I fell pregnant and at nearly 60kgs I do feel huge and yet so clearly not to other people, most can't believe I am 28wks. I have people ask if I'm sure about my dates, if I'm not eating blah blah

BUT to me I am huge and uncomfortable and struggling with the extra weight and change in body size. I don't say it to be annoying, I just have a different image of my body than what other people have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have many people asking me if Im still in my first trimester. "Oh?? You must've only just found out that you're pregnant. You hardly have a bump at all".

Whereas my mother says that people are nuts and need glasses. She made a maternity dress for me 6 weeks ago and it was a nice fit. Now I cant get my bump into it anymore.

So ehm, yeah, maybe people are trying to be polite by saying they can hardly see that Im 6 months pregnant. Maybe they just dont want to say "OMG are you carrying an elephant in there???!!!"

Thanks
    Reviews
    During my last pregnancy I was in a local Target store when some strange woman started talking to me. She was complaining that Target didn't stock any baby clothes smaller than a 5x0. She told me all about how she was born a week overdue and She then told me I mustn't be far off having mine. I said no, I was only 24 weeks so I still had a little while to go. Well, her jaw dropped and she slapped her hand on her forehead like she was about to pass out and said "No way, you must be having triplets'. I said no, just the one. She then told me, and I quote, "I wasn't that big when I gave birth. You must be having an elephant. Your baby is going to be huge. An elephant baby." I kinda went into shock, put everything I had picked up back on the shelf and left the store crying. I was full of pregnancy hormones and the last thing I needed to hear was some woman with a teeny tiny baby telling me I was going to have an elephant.

I did end up having a relatively big bubba (8 pound 12 ounces) but I am so greatful, as he spent the first 4 days of his life in special care and I'm so glad he had that extra bit of size on his side. Now, I can look back and the situation and be proud of the size I was. I was no bigger than any normal pregnant person. I didn't smoke, drink or do anything th effect the baby's size. I did everything right and gave birth to healthy size bubba (he was in special care because of his heart, nothing I did during the pregnancy)

People can be so insensitive, and they'd wanna watch out this pregnancy. I'm only 12 weeks and already look like I'm 5 months. But this time I'm not weepy...I'm angry. I can see alot of people being told to 'shove it' this time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by donna-maree View Post
    If I get asked one more time if I'm having twins I will SCREAM!!!
    Yep yep yep totally sick of it. And they always act as if you are some idiot and have got it wrong if you say no you aren't expecting twins/

Quote Originally Posted by Campbellsmummy View Post
    During my last pregnancy I was in a local Target store when some strange woman started talking to me. She was complaining that Target didn't stock any baby clothes smaller than a 5x0. She told me all about how she was born a week overdue and She then told me I mustn't be far off having mine. I said no, I was only 24 weeks so I still had a little while to go. Well, her jaw dropped and she slapped her hand on her forehead like she was about to pass out and said "No way, you must be having triplets'. I said no, just the one. She then told me, and I quote, "I wasn't that big when I gave birth. You must be having an elephant. Your baby is going to be huge. An elephant baby." I kinda went into shock, put everything I had picked up back on the shelf and left the store crying. I was full of pregnancy hormones and the last thing I needed to hear was some woman with a teeny tiny baby telling me I was going to have an elephant.
    OMG that woman sounds like a complete psycho!

I know some people are saying it's just people making conversation - but seriously saying someone is going to have an elephant baby or that they are massive is just rude and insensitive!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well i didn't mind it too much with my 2 pregnancies but i was more upset with comments like "oh you don't want to eat too much more while you are pregnant cause its hard to loose it after" i had a few people tell me this whenever i ate.. im getting this now and im only TTC..