+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Anyone else sick and tired of people telling them how MASSIVE they look?!!!

I went into a non-maternity wear shop today to try on some maxi dresses. WELL you should have heard the comments the 2 shop assistants said to me. First of all they couldn't believe I was still a few months away. Then one of the girls said I must be having twins. When I said I was expecting 1 girl, the other girl said oh no it must be a boy. Then the other girl was like 'You look massive!'.

Lol I didn't know what to say, I just said I was on target and left it at that. I saw my midwifet the other day and my bump is right on track. I'm not overweight either so I have no idea why people are so shocked to see me the pregnant lady with a pregnant belly! Shock horror!

Anyone else getting sick of all the random comments about how large they are? I get it everyday now when I'm out, and even my mum says comments indicating she's certain the baby is going to come early because of the size of my bump.

But seriously - what is wrong with people. The people that generally say this **** to me obviously have never had kids, but c'mon - a little bit of sensitivity wouldn't go astray

Rebdot is offline My beautiful boys!
    Winner 2010- The Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    it annoys me more when preggy ladies say there huge and there so clearly not,

Although no was has said I am huge yet, I feel like it and I would be upset if someone said I was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love being told how big my tummy is Makes me feel special haha. I dont like though how my mum says "Its not all baby though" Cow...

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah walked into do some food shopping the lady at the checkout asked if i was having twins.. i said no its just one in there, then she kept going on about her friend who was so much smaller than me and how she had a healthy bub. made me a bit upset that she thought i was going to have an overweight bub. but all my sizing and dates are right so i know there nothing for me to get upset about but its just the rudeness, so i was rude back to her. prolly shouldn have been but being 3 weeks from my EDD i had to vent. hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i hear it alot and im only 13wks

Yeah i get it that im big for 13wks but i dont like hearing "Oh my god your HUGE"

I can totally sympathize with you

btw this is a photo i took last week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppaH View Post
    I love being told how big my tummy is Makes me feel special haha. I dont like though how my mum says "Its not all baby though" Cow...
    I also love being told how big I look, I just smile and take it as A compliment I am due in 28 days and I am getting comments daily now, sometimes it gets A little repetitive but I know they mean no offense (well I hope not anyway)
    I get more annoyed by strangers thinking it is okay to rub my belly though, it seriously irritates me lol

Peppa - My mum comments about the weight I'm carrying isn't all baby either aren't mothers lovely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppaH View Post
    Lol Peppa

Ha ha Leishy vent away. I can empathise – even though you know you and baby are completely fine, I guess it’s what they are insinuating that is a bit insulting.

Taylors_mum Love the bump pic!

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hear it all the time! As you can see from my avatar pic, I do have a biggish bump for 16weeks...but I dont think its abnormal! I dont mind people saying "look how big your belly is." its when they say "you're massive!" that I take offence!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh yes, it annoys the hell out of me but I couldn't for the life of me explain why if anyone asked me. Sigh.

My SIL did it to me my whole last pregnancy and yep, she's doing it this one too.

`Oh, wow, you really do look VERY pregnant'.

My friend told me to say to her `yeah you're really big, too, for your dates'. That is GOLD. I wish I could, but my SIL is really obese and I don't think that would go down well! It would shut her up though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I got the opposite. It was all 'are you sure you are pregnant', 'you couldn't be that pregnant', 'you are so tiny'

Then in the last couple of months i exploded and got the massive comments.
    This time around i don't look pregnant yet but i'm sure i'll get comments once the belly is obvious. It will be either that i am too small or too big
    You just can't win.