ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Angry Being jerked around on payday...!

I absolutely HATE it when payday comes about, I log on to my netbanking system and... NOTHING is there! No pay, and if you're anything like me, about .53c to your name. Particularly if you're on a fortnightly pay - it's difficult at times to budget cash for two weeks at a time and the well is often dry by next pay, trust me!

It's not like my place of employment is terrible with this, it's only happened 2-3 times in a couple of years AND payday is actually stipulated as Friday (so it's not like I have any legal rights to complaint) but... after two years of being paid weekly by WEDNESDAY at the latest, you come to rely on and expect it! Not to mention direct debits of bills, groceries that need purchasing and car maintenance that is bordering on necessity. In these cases your pay being two days late can really SUCK...!

Well thanks for that guys & girls I just needed badly to vent!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    That happened to me lots with ABC Learning. I got onto them, they said they'd fix it in a fortnight, I told them that if they don't put money into my account by that afternoon they would have to find a new employee. They scoffed at me, so I got onto the Area Manager, who knew how hard it was to find staff, relief staff even, and left it with her. It was in my account by midnight. I've done the same thing each and every time, and I've even not gone to work just so the Director would pursue it more and waiting 2 days once, but the other times it was in my account within that same day. I have Direct Debits coming out of my account. Payday is Wednesday for me, the pay goes in by 12:01am and I've got Direct Debits that out on a Wednesday but they come out at 11:59pm, so being a day late means often not having the money in there for the direct debits, leaves my account looking miserable and I'm hit with fees. Yes, I get centrelink still, as pointed out by one boss, but at that time I was getting $210/fn in FTB and $6/fn in PPS, doesn't add up when you have $300/week in direct debits coming out and wages don't go in.

You've worked for the money, you've earnt that money, it's owing to you on a certain day each and every week, and that's how it's meant to be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the input Me, it's always good to see things from both sides. And indeed I don't get TOO huffy about it as long as it is paid by the Friday, and has always been in the past. My d.d.'s do indeed come out each Friday so I SHOULD be safe in that regard, it's just that it wasn't in yesterday, still not today and because I haven't had DEFINITE confirmation it will be in tomorrow I'm just a 'lil stressed over it...

I think it stresses me out because my co-workers have been paid, as usual, usual day... so it seems like something is solely wrong with mine being processed... gah!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, I 'alerted' my employer yesterday, in a pretty friendly fashion I think, but no answer/reason/confirmation as yet... hopefully today same time. Or I'mma be quite grumpy.

dillydAlly is offline --> The most precious princess in all the land :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    Thanks for the input Me, it's always good to see things from both sides. And indeed I don't get TOO huffy about it as long as it is paid by the Friday, and has always been in the past. My d.d.'s do indeed come out each Friday so I SHOULD be safe in that regard, it's just that it wasn't in yesterday, still not today and because I haven't had DEFINITE confirmation it will be in tomorrow I'm just a 'lil stressed over it...

I think it stresses me out because my co-workers have been paid, as usual, usual day... so it seems like something is solely wrong with mine being processed... gah!
    Sounds like it might be something with your bank if all your co workers have been paid. I would follow up with the person responsbile to for doing your pay, if they have processed it as normal and you don't have it at your regular time I would call your bank.... Banks aren't perfect and things can go wrong.