+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Non viable pregnancy: m/c options: d&c, drugs or natural?

deleted this post
    Last edited by BH-bubhub; 15-12-2014 at 13:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am sorry that you are going through this

I had a D&C at 7 weeks as an u/s showed bubs didn't have a h/b but also wasn't showing any signs of leaving.

I had had 2 weeks of bleeding, period pain, back pain and feeling like crap so I couldn't take anymore and the D&C was a relief in the end. It went smoothly and I recovered really well.

My thoughts are with you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am going in for a d&c tomorrow morning. I just couldn't m/c at home. I want it done with no infections. Also having a d&c is less painful as a natural m/c is sore, imo... Good luck hun. Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have had a m/c and might have to go back for a d&c as there could be stuff left behind. At least with a d&c, they will clean everything out and make your uterus ready again

TrulyBlessed is offline Winner 2009 - Member you would most like to meet in Real Life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thinking of you both tomorrow.

My DS passed away inutero at almost 16 weeks. I decided to go with an induced labour so we could meet him etc.

& to you both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there i found out about a week and a half ago that my baby had died i was given the 3 options you speak off and i decided to wait to see if it would happen naturally it hasnt so i am booked into the hospital at 9.10am tomorrow morning where they will give me the tablets i decided i didnt want a d&c i know that i may end up needing a d&c if the tablets dont work but i just want to try all options first.
    Good luck to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never had a D&C so I'm not sure what it's like. I've gone natural every time I've had a M/C. The last M/C was extremely painful though so I think if I ever do M/C again, I will be opting for a D&C. I think there are pros and cons for both, so it's a personal decision.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I hope it all goes well and you're coping okay. I read in the other thread you have supportive friends and family so that's a blessing. I wish you all the best.

M O P is offline the best kind of prize is a surprise
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    so sorry to hear your news

I was in exactly this situation but ended up going natural on Monday

I was thinking of going back for curette when nothing was happening though to have it over with

I will be thinking of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I lost our baby at nearly 8 weeks, a fortnight ago. I was told at the ultrasound that it would probably take a while for me to miscarry naturally and that it would be better to have a curette. I had the procedure done the following day and don't regret it at all. It was the hardest thing to do, but I didn't want to continue to have morning sickness and low blood pressure when there was no longer a baby to show for it. Also, a friend of my mum's who has been a midwife for many years said that I have a better chance of getting pregnant again after a curette as opposed to a natural miscarriage. The procedure was very quick - I was home within 2 hours of it being done. I bled for 10 days - not very heavy though, and I just got a positive ovulation test on Tuesday, so am just waiting for AF to turn up and then we'll start another IVF cycle.
    I do feel for you and understand what you're going through. I wish you all the best and send you lots of hugs for tomorrow and the next few weeks.

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tomorrow I have my scan to confirm there is no foetus, last week at the 6 week scan my pregnacy sac was empty....

I will be asking about a D&C, I had one in May after giving birth (induced) to our stillborn baby at 21 weeks to remove placenta etc.

Just not sure, hopefully my doctor can provide me with what I need to know/hear.

Sorry anyone is going thru this

x