ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Pregnant with 2nd....overdue and freaked out!!!

I have a 2.5 year old girl and am 3 days overdue with bubs #2

The thing is Im absoloutely terrified!!
    Ive been through the having contractions before....

I had a natural birth but she was vacuum extracted.

Middies keep saying that I will be fine and that my body will know what to do.

Im just absoloutely petrified????

There was nothing that really went wrong with the previous birth mainly my exhaustion and foetal distress so they thought it would be a good idea to vacuum extract.

This time I will feel everything...possibly the crowning...burning...all of it and thats what scares me. I want to avoid any pain relief if I can as I didnt use any last time.

I handled the contractions really well, just breathed though them all.
    Im just hoping that all the pushing part really hurries up and that it will all be over and done with real soon. Thats the part that scares me heaps.

proudmama is offline some pinkness is finally entering our lives xoxo
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    sounds like my first time round too - i'm only 30wks with my second but the fears are starting to creep in now and am feelin similar to you

i'm sure everything will go swimmingly and yes your body has done it all before - i'm sure if you just remain calm and breath all will just happen - the midwife will be there to guide you so just listen to her and listen to your body

ETA - with the vacuum did you push as they pulled????? if so you had a ntural birth and that part was just accelerated over one or two pushes instead of 5-6 or more
    Last edited by proudmama; 29-09-2009 at 14:15.

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have found the first was the worst. I was terrified going into my second birth, but was able to relax myself through the hard bits because I wasn't scared of the unknown. I knew what was happening and how it was going. Being more relaxed, I think it was somehow easier to cope through. When I was walking out of delivery suite to my room I told the nurses at the nurses station that I would see them next year. It was that good!

You will be fine, you know you can do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree, a lot of people I have spoken to have also said that the second and subsequent births are much much easier than the first. Your body knows what to do as its done it all before, just relax and go with it.
    I loved my second birth!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's natural to be scared and worried. I'm pretty sure second births are a lot easier as your body has been through it all before. It will most likely be quicker also.

I remember thinking during my contractions "This will all be over soon. I will get through this and it won't be long before I have my baby in my arms." I kept saying it over and over again in my head and the thought of meeting my little bub gave me strength.

I hope it's a quick and easy birth for you. Best wishes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
    sounds like my first time round too - i'm only 30wks with my second but the fears are starting to creep in now and am feelin similar to you

i'm sure everything will go swimmingly and yes your body has done it all before - i'm sure if you just remain calm and breath all will just happen - the midwife will be there to guide you so just listen to her and listen to your body

ETA - with the vacuum did you push as they pulled????? if so you had a ntural birth and that part was just accelerated over one or two pushes instead of 5-6 or more
    Hi Proudmama

Yes with regards to the vacuum I did push after they insterted the vacuum and it was a couple of pushes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your reassurance.

Dont know what to say...always great getting a second opinion here from such wonderful mums

Will do the mental thing of trying to picture each contraction and the pain as another step in seing bubs Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    You will be fine.. everyone is right, your body will know what to do Congrats and can't wait to hear the exciting news!