+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Cool Any other pregnant ladies finding cooking hard?

I'm finding it really hard.

I don't have M/S as such, I just feel nauseas at times but all through out the day and I only feel like a few selected foods.

So the thought of cooking dinner and having to cook foods I don't feel like eating is making it VERY hard to prepare dinner.

I just feel like Me Goreng noodles all the time lol , so the thought of cooking up meat etc just turns me off...

Poor DP lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm exactely the same!!! When ever I cook meat I think it's off coz it's smells so bad. In my first pregnancy I used to cook things and then through them out!! Trying not to do that this time.
    I'm siting here trying to figure out what to eat for dinner tonight! Hopeless

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm also the same with cooking or smelling anything cooking. DH doesn't seem to understand.

I was like this last pregnancy too and couldn't even stand to open my pantry cupboard without dry retching.

Hopefully it will soon pass.

Good luck ladies with your nausea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I bought some Fish today for my DP & told him he would have to cook it outside on the BBQ.
    Well, it rained in Melbourne so no fish. He wanted to cook it inside & I said no way.
    Smells really get to me. I can't eat left overs because of the smell.
    My favourite food (changes often) right now is Rice Pudding.
    Cooking is an absolute hassle. I have to keep snacking as I cook as I find the nausea gets worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    sounds like time to get husband's to do the cooking

luckily mine already does

with my first child i found but something that i liked the smell of near me when food was cooking helped me focus on that instead of the food that was cooking

maybe something stronger like tea tree oil or even drinking peppermint tea may help

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think my husband understands when I tell him that I'm hungry... but I don't feel like eating. As soon as I open the fridge or pantry I have to close it again. He offers to cook and asks me what I would like... and I can't tell him because I don't know. I might feel like a certain meal, but as soon as it's cooked I can't even look at it!

At least I've only had a bit of nausea though. I haven't had any M/S.

jag5000 is offline "tickled pink"
    Winner 2008 Most helpful member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was like this so much with DD! I was single at the time and couldn't cook for myself at all! it was such a waste because I remember nights when I would cook 3 or 4 different meals and have to end up throwing each one away as there was no way I could eat it!

much sympathy for those going through that currently

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    looks like some hubbys need some cooking lessons

I was the same in the 1st trimester. DH had to cook and even then their were certain foods that were banned... I didnt eat chicken for over 2 months (the smell of it would send me running to the bathroom). DH ended up getting me back onto it by cooking it while i was out and covering it in so many other flavours, and then slowly re-introducing it as 'chicken' with less and less other flavours to mask the smell and taste.

Best wishes girls, it will pass but i know it sucks at the moment.